What's Your My Way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Your My Way?

Happy Holidays All! I am new here. I have been alcohol free since December 14. This is my version of My Way Out, I like to call it ?My My Way.? I?d love to see your ?My Ways? too!

1) Use Abstinence Hypnosis CD?s every day, as directed. I have copied the Subliminal CD to my computer and play it in the background on repeat while working. Love the ocean waves, very relaxing.

2) Read and reread Allen Carr?s book, The Easy Way to Stop Drinking. This book has been critical for me to be able to control the mental aspects of alcohol addiction and keep a happy state of mind. (I used his The Easy Way to Stop Smoking 18 months ago and have never wanted another cigarette so I know he is on to something!) You can find both books on Amazon.com.

3) Meditate. I like guided meditation CD?s, my favorites are by Bodhipaksa, one is Guided Meditations: For Calmness, Awareness, and Love and the other is Guided Meditations for Stress Reduction. You can find both of these on Amazon.com.

4) Use MWO Supplements as follows:

Breakfast:

1 Tbs All-One Original (blend with ? banana, ? Cup Organic Lowfat Yogurt, ? C fruit juice and ice to make a smoothie)
    3 Kudzu Rescue 300mg tabs (900mg)
    1 L-Glutamine 1000 mg tab
    1 True Calm Amino Acid Blend
    1 Evening Primrose (1300 mg)
    1 Milk Thistle
    1 1000mg Salmon Oil
    [1 Calmes Forte if Needed]

Lunch:

1 1000mg Salmon Oil
    1 Milk Thistle
    1 Magnesium

Dinner:

1 Evening Primrose (1300 mg)
    1 1000mg Salmon Oil
    1 Milk Thistle
    1 Magnesium

Bedtime:
    2-3 Calmes Forte

Note: I added the "All One " and "True Calm" a week after starting, that stuff is like a happy pill! Give it a try!

5) Post the following on bulletin board in front of my computer and read every day:

I AM A HAPPY NON-DRINKER

I AM SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL TO BE FREE! I HAVE
    ESCAPED THE ALCOHOL TRAP!

IT IS MARVELOUS TO BE A NON-DRINKER, HEALTHY,
    HAPPY AND FREE!

I AM ENJOYING RIDDING MY BODY OF TOXINS AND MY MIND OF BRAINWASHING AND SLAVERY TO ALCOHOL.

MY HAPPINESS IS NOT DEPENDENT ON A POISONOUS CHEMICAL DEPRESSANT!

I WILL ENJOY THE REST OF MY LIFE WITHOUT EVER NEEDING OR WANTING ALCOHOL.

I DRANK MY LAST ALCOHOLIC DRINK ON DECEMBER 14, 2008 AND WILL NEVER DRINK ALCOHOL AGAIN.

THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR CONTINUED
    HELP AND GUIDANCE!

That?s My My Way!? What?s your My Way???

Happy Holidays and Stay Strong!

Love,

Doodlebug

:sun::heart::h:heart::sun:
    :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

What's Your My Way?

Doodlebug, great post and thanks for sharing your way! You sound great, keep going.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Good job Doodlebug!! I bet you don't have to eat much with all those supps :-)

Truly, your doing great, keep up the good work. I love the Cd's as well. I listen to sleep learning EVERY nite, it is my white noise. And I listen to the Ocean one at work all day as well.

I do lots of reading, and practice various methods of hypnosis. They are all tools...the more we know, the more we are able to kick this beast. Some more good reading is "Sober for Good" by Anne Fletcher. I also like reading Rational Recovery by Jack Trimpey.

Thanks for sharing.

R2C
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
      :h

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Thank you both!

Thanks for the book recommendations, R2C! I love reading so I will have to pick those up.. hope they have Kindle versions.

Stay Strong,

Love,

Doodlebug

:sun::heart::h:heart::sun:

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Very impressive doodle, congratulations, I am planning on following in your footsteps on Jan 1st, good to know it can be done.
          "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Doodlebug, thank you for your very inspiring post.

I am going to take heed of your advice and write out a daily affirmation that is inspiring and keeps my mind and heart focused on remaining sober. I think I left too much to chance, hence a relapse.

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Sounds like you have a great plan Doodlebug! I like your attitude of attacking the problem instead of just sitting around "hoping" you can quit drinking. You sound like you have made the commitment to change your life.....that's exactly what you have to do.

Keep reading and posting....you're doing great!

Don

Comment

What's Your My Way?

What the Chief said!!!! A good attitude as you are demonstrating, IMO, is a HUGE weapon that will help you win this battle.

And you are using a bunch of other of my favorite weapsons too! I'm big on the supplements, and while I haven't listened to the CD's lately, I found them a big help when I started.

Here are a couple of additional tools in my bag.

Exercise, exercise, exercise. It's recommended in the book, and this journey became a LOT easier for me once I finally wised up and started doing it. Endorphin power ROCKS.

I don't eat any sugar. Many sources say, and I believe, that our bodies can't tell much difference between alcohol and sugar. So feeding our bodies sugar tends to just keep the overall "cravings" level high. I also don't eat highly processed carbs that turn directly into sugar such as white flour, rice, potatoes. Not suggesting that works for everyone, but the no sugar thing IS recommended in the book and I believe it helps.

I have also been working the tools at Smartrecovery.org which go more to the psychological aspects of stopping the madness. (how to stop the stinkin' drinkin' thinkin' if you will) Just another resource to check out if you want to.

Best wishes! I'm also glad you found us on the Daily AF thread. That is a serious AF bunch right there now.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Thanks for the warm welcome Chief and veritas and swans!

Hi Doggy! That's great advice! I try to walk my doggies several times a week I think I need more of a workout tho!

I too do not eat sugar, I use Stevia for a sweetener. Also I agree with you, I feel that alcohol cravings and sugar cravings are definitely related! I also stay away from processed foods, eating mainly organic veg, fruit, whole grains, wild caught fish. It is scary what is in our food these days!!! Also scary and not nice what they do to food animals. : (

Thanks again I will check out that website!

Love,

Doodlebug

Comment

What's Your My Way?

I agree with you completely on the All One powder. It's amazing!
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

What's Your My Way?

It took me a whole 6 months of being on MWO before i started to follow something close to what you are doing.
                      Thank GOD, I finally listened and then life started to get wonderful again...I wish you WELL. It sounds like you have the BEST possible attitude !!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

What's Your My Way?

MissDoodleBug;503360 wrote: I too do not eat sugar, I use Stevia for a sweetener. Also I agree with you, I feel that alcohol cravings and sugar cravings are definitely related! I also stay away from processed foods, eating mainly organic veg, fruit, whole grains, wild caught fish.
                        YEAH!! A kindred spirit. Although it sounds like you have way more experience than me. Over the summer I made the shift to anti-biotic / hormone free chicken/beef/pork (well, the hormones are only legal in the beef I guess) and also wild caught fish - mainly salmon these days. I found a family farm not too far from us and we just got fresh butchered, pasture raised beef (grass fed) and pork. And chickens and turkeys. I've signed up for a CSA (work required!!) for produce next season. None of my old party pals would believe the new me. We'll have to swap recipes!!!!! Any good ones for baked salmon?

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Hey DG, too cool! Food is a big thing with me. Salmon is my favorite! Here's the easiest salmon recipe ever, and you can cook your veg right along with it!

Doodlebug's Easy Roast Salmon with Multiple Veg

Preheat oven to 500 (yep, 500! hot!)

On a half sheet pan (a large cookie sheet with low sides) put your salmon steaks or better yet, a whole side of wild sockeye salmon. Give that fish a nice pat and tell it "hi cutie, you are gonna taste sooo good we are gonna eat you up!"

Cut up a bunch of fresh dill, the more the merrier! Rub the dill over and under that salmon, along with salt and pepper or lemon pepper. I use this great organic lemon pepper, it's called "Simply Organic" Lemon Pepper, you can get it from the Frontier Natural Products website if you don't have a natural food store.

Pour some organic Olive Oil (my favorite mid price oil is Paul Newman's Organic Olive Oil) on that salmon and rub it in! Just rub the dill and seasonings all over that salmon until it is nice and cozy and thinking you are its best friend.

Now, decide what veg you feel like that night, or make a mix. I use organic broccolini or broccoli, cauliflower, sliced fresh mushrooms, onions (Vidalia when they are in season, yum) carrots, eggplant, etc. Brush the veg with olive oil and lemon pepper (or just olive oil and salt) and put the veg on the pan around the salmon, so it won't feel lonely.

Now, when that oven is 500, stick the pan with the fish in there and turn the timer on 10 minutes. Take it out at 10 and not a minute longer, it's all ready to eat! 10 minutes will give you a perfectly cooked fish and al dente roast vegetables with a hint of brown. Let it rest for a few minutes before you cut it.

I cook other fish this way too. Easiest dinner ever!

Okay, got some recipes for me too???

Love,

Doodlebug

Comment

What's Your My Way?

I am continuing to focus on what I see as the causes of addiction: anxiety, depression, low self-esteem. It takes a long time to transition from using substances to try to fix these things.

For me the solutions are: cognitive behavior therapy, positive self-talk, meditation, books that help me understand addiction.

Supplements I now limit to the basic everyday stuff, no fancy extras.

Exercise is also important.

Comment

What's Your My Way?

Doodlebug THANKS for the recipe!! I'm going to be making Salmon ala Doodlebug with veggies this coming week. I will let you know how it turns out! What sort of recipes are you looking for? I'm happy to share what I've got!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X