Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm falling in love with my new life!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well boys & girls, I hope everyone had a good xmas, it can be such an emotionally fraught day, and i think there is to much pressure on everyone for everything to go perfect, I almost envey my friend - he boycotts xmas day, - he gets some DVD's out, reads some books, just enjoys himself, doesnt let anybody tell what he has to do or not do, I might have to try it next year LOL.
    I really think I am falling in love with my new life, I have been on holiday since the 19th & in my old life I probably would have drunk 2 bottles of wine a night thinking "I'm on holiday - I deserve a treat". I had one glass of red wine on xmas with dinner & that was all I wanted, previously I would been thinking about the next glass & the next after that & then the next bottle, but all I wanted was that one glass to have with dinner, but I didnt NEED it (as in it wasnt a craving), so I'm happy with that. And even when I've been temped I think about how I would feel the next day, not only physically but emotionally/spiritually as well, I am slowly getting my life back, I have spent more time reading, been able to phone friends in the evening without worrying that they will hear me slurring, have been able to go & do last minute last night grocery shopping. I have been enjoying food so much more, maybe cause I'm sober when I sit down to have my dinner & get to enjoy it & I think also because my focus is not on drinking in the evening I have been cooking lots of different things not just the same easy to cook "when I have had a bottle of wine" meals! today is day 23 AF for me & I couldnt be happier, I cant thank every one here enough for there support & love, I jump online a couple of times a day & even if I dont post, my thoughts are with everyone here:h,
    any way I just wanted to say how much I love my new life, thanks to you all, I cant wait to see my doctor again, to let him know my progress & to give him the website adress so he can check it out for himself, - he is great & supportive & wants me to keep him in the loop with how I am doing.
    much love
    Witchy
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Hi Witchy!!! Congrats on 23 days AF! I was having trouble sleeping so I hopped on and how delighted I was to read your uplifing post. You are doing so well. You sound so positive. It's almost as if "I can hear it in your voice" ..... but that would be like saying, "I hear voices" and that would mean I'm relly going crazy.......

Thanks for sharing. I'm a little behind you on Day 12 but LOVIN' my sober life as well. BIG HUG to you for your accomplishment and support to everyone!!!:l
    Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
    - Tolkein

Comment

What an inspirational post Witchy! You are doing great and its lovely to hear your progress!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Witchy,

I love your post, thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Keep on keepin' on, girl!
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Wonderful Witchy! And congrats on day 23! It's posts like yours that make my day!

Ummmm... Starting.... nice avatar! Yikes! :H
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Well done Whitchey, it is great to hear Sucess stories !!!
            Way to go, Woman !!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Witchy, you sound wonderful! I'm so happy for you, keep up the fantastic attitude!
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

To life!

Great job! :goodjob: You are right, it is a totally new life. I am liking it a lot.

Comment

Great news. Your "positivity" is inspiring!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                  X