Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi Guys

How are you all doing today. Day no 2 here again. Yesterdays hangover was one of the worst I have had in years. The guilt probably made it seem worse. We have a heatwave here, I wouldn't mind a bit of snow that some of you guys have at the moment. My youngest just spilt milk in the kitchen and it is sour already. We are waiting for the heat to cool down to get out for a walk.

This is my first time starting the ODAT thread. Please be patient if I have got it wrong. I hope that everyone is feeling strong today. Only 2 more days to go in 2008.

ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning Ezzmae! Great job on your first ODAT thread. Congrats on day 2. You can do it. Stick to your plan. Do you take supps? Have you read tool box thread under monthly abstinence thread? Good luck today! Big hug.
    Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
    - Tolkein

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Good job ezzmae!

Good morning MS. Jones, love your hat. I watched that movie the other night for the 3rd time and LMAO!

Thank God this year is winding to a close. It has been the wierdest year for me. But I am coming out on top! All will be well.

Have a great day. Make someone smile, or better yet, laugh.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Ezzmae, Day 2 for me also. I have been at Day 2 sooo many times but I feel today is different. We have friends here who understand & support us. No matter what we don't have in this life we have today, we are alive and WE have the power to make these changes. We have a life line here at MWO.

The power is buried deep within us, and it is just overwhelming to try and get that shovel (which can be books, CD's, supplements, therapy, support from friends, following a program, going to detox, etc) and start the process of digging out. We also have to contend with gentics & our own chemical makeup. I will speak for myself, it's like a diet - I want to eat right for a week and loose 25lbs, that took me 5 yrs to put on. I get discouraged if I starve myself and only loose 3 lbs. I believe for the first time in a long time with time, patience, determination, listening to our MWO friends and following the MWO program there is hope.

Blessings to everyone today - :l
        Goldie

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi guys,

Starting to feel better today - the medicine from the doctor is finally helping with this sinus infection - thank god!

Easy AF yesterday and no plans to drink today. Still feeling kind of blue but better. Going into work for a couple of hours and then home to chicken soup, a bath and a movie. Looking forward to 2009 and a lot of positives!

Hope everyone has a great day.
          Love and Hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hey ODATers!

We are having high winds today, I'm not used to this where we live. The internet will probably go down which will mean I'll need to clean the house. Yuck.

Feeling great, sounds like there's lots of determination and focus here, awesome!

Not much else to say except...have a great day! Not much left to 2008, eh?

Take care,
            Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hello, hello, hello! I was a member a while back, actually in early 2006. I lost my user password, so here I am as a new name!

I have been sober for quite some time thanks to this site, but I am feeling a bit shaky for some reason. I have over 9 months of sobriety and the holidays this year have kind of bugged me in a way. I am thrilled it went OK and that I didn't give in, but I think I am feeling a bit complacent now. The novelty of being sober has worn off so I need to regroup and refocus.

I hope you don't mind my joining you on the ODAT thread? I really need this right now. I will do everything in my power to remain sober even if it means I need to start from the first step again.

Many thanks.
              If you want something bad enough - you can achieve it!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Morning ALL!!! i am cooking up a storm for my guys.. Home body i am loving every minute just being me playing Betty Crocker.. except she wore an apron ... i don't ... winter is here and its time to stay the hell home and cook it up..!!!! Yup i am sober and being a GOOD gurl.. :l

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Welcome, Jewel! You know you're welcome on any thread, silly!

Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

good tuesday everyone!!! Had a strange urge today to sip the opened vodka and pomegrate liquer left over from my mom's visit. Thought about it briefly and it passed. If my husband does not drink it for new years it is down the sink!!! So I broke down today and let my husband in a little about my plan. I told him as time goes by i will be able to involve him a little more with what is going on in my head but right now I am still trying to sort it all out. I told him about this site and the support I have found. he just doesn't understand why it it so hard to control and so easy to lose control but is glad and supportive.
                    I hope you all have a great day. I am off to spend quality time with my kids.
                    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Morning ODATers,
                      I am looking forward to starting 2009 the same way i will end 2008, sober. which I could not have done without everyone here, so thank you. I hope everyone has a sucessfull new years, filled with love & laughter. see you in 2009
                      love
                      *Witchy*
                      Progress, not perfection!!!
                      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Another good morning to you ODATers. I must say I find it hard that most of this site comes alive when I am in bed. Not that I slept last night. It is so hot and I find it impossible to sleep with the aircon on. I will have to have a nap this afternoon otherwise I will never survive tonight.

Welcome to back Jewel. Congrats Starfairy on ignoring temptation.

Comment

Working...
                        X