first steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first steps

:new: hi guys, i am trying to kick the beer and today is the first day. but im intersted in the anti craving drugs and wondered if these can be bought over the counter in the uk? god i know this is gonna be an uphill struggle,

first steps

dont no nothing about the drugs but yur rt it will be up hill,but were here for ya good luck, gyco

Comment

first steps

thanks gyco thats nice to know, and i look forward to getting in to site.

Comment

first steps

Mickey, welcome! You probably cannot get them over the counter, but you can order them through River Pharmacy... although that takes a while, and some offer the warning that the drugs might or might not be the "real thing..."

Comment

first steps

thanks for the words, if i could get past a week i recon it would get easier just a case of breaking this cycle, i will give it my best shot

Comment

first steps

Mickey, have you read through the "Tool Box" thread? It is in the Forum list, under "Goals" > "Monthly Abstinence." You might also (if you haven't already) download the MWO book... you will need a good solid plan, and a commitment to your plan; it's a good idea to begin posting and reading a lot here; the community support is incredibly helpful...

Comment

first steps

i will do that i intend to use all the features once i get in to it and will post regular nice to know there is help here.

Comment

first steps

Hi Mickeylondon from a fellow Londoner!

In answer to your original question - no, I shouldn't think so. Have you considered speaking to your doctor about this to see if she/he thinks meds might help? Although, I have to say from my own experience and some other Brits here, many doctors will not prescribe meds for alcohol problems. Some will, some won't. Mine recommended counselling, which is free and readily available in London.
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

first steps

Hi Mickey, welcome to you.
                  I dont know anything about the meds but I take supplements to control cravings...Lglutamine and Kudzu. They really do help.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

first steps

hello marshy, and startingover, well i dont like to speak to the doctors as i have a pcv and a hgv licence and it has to be renewed every few years which involves a medical, and although drink does not affect my work as i dont drink and drive it just dont look good, also would lglutamine and kudzu affect driving? and can it be bought over the counter? where in london you from marshy?

Comment

first steps

I get the Kudzu and lglut from this site as its really good quality. But you can get it from Holland and Barrett. I think the Lglut is OK from there but not sure about the kudzu..As far as I know it doesnt affect driving...Lglut is often used by body builders to help muscle recovery and its readily available.
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

first steps

thats great i will go to holland and barrets tomorrow, dont know how it will help to use it but gotta be worth a go

Comment

first steps

Hi Micky. Welcome. I don't know if u can get calms forte over there but it is sold in drug stores over the counter here. It is all natural and does not affect driving. Early on I took it during the day when I felt irritable. Now on day 15 and only take it at night. It helps me sleep. I also use the lglut & kudzu.

Tool box is great like WIP said. Nice to have you. You'll get lots of support here ! Download book or purchase. Lots of good info.
                          Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
                          - Tolkein

Comment

first steps

hi bridget, got some stressless tablets think they are like calms and i guess i shall have to get the lglut and kudzu perhaps i should have got them before i started this but i will get some anyway and if i do slip up, i shall try again once i have the items. and day 15 sounds like an acheivement well done. tonight will be hard but i have cancelled my night out as i want to have a hangover free new years day. and that will be a first lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X