Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday New Years

Happy New Year to you all.

I am off to a party soon, less than 6 hours to go here. I am planning on staying sober. I know I will because I am driving. Some of my friends will get smashed, others won't even have a drink. Noone judges in my wonderful group of friends. Due to the heatwave I haven't had a decent nights sleep in 2 days, so any AL would be the worst case scenario for me. I would really be a 2 pot screamer then. :H

I hope that everyone has a great day and night. I hope that everyone who plans on staying sober tonight finds the strength to do so. I am looking forward to seeing in the new year sober and happier in myself.

Good luck and enjoy the festivities.

Happy new year Ezzmae!...Having a sober one here too!.....Your attitude sounds great...All the best, and safe travel's....G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy new year every one may it be a new and healthy one for all the odaters your courage to tackle this beast beckons rewards of happiness and love....... all the best forever!!!!!and ezzie your gonna feel soooo good in the morning all the sore heads of the world will be wishing they were you!!!!!!! your cool!!!
      Love cap

Comment

Happy New Year all ODAT'rs. I too will be AF tonight because like you Ezzmae I will be driving my daughter. Looking forward to ringing in a fresh year sober. 2008 has been a tough one but am looking forward to 2009.

Rustop

Comment

Happy New Year to all ODATer's ----I see those of you in N.Z. and Australia are just about to ring in the New Year.
          I've got another 18 hours to go, but am up early to say good-bye to my daughter who was home for 4 days for part of the holidays. She has an early morning flight and I'm not sure when I will see her again ---- probably late Spring or Summer. I'm going to miss her hugs.
          I will check in later, but to all of you and those to follow ... I wish everyone success at meeting their goals for 2009.

Comment

good morning everyone!!! Wow it is finally here. The last day of the year. seems so momentous huh! I too will NOT drink tonight. Going to a friends house with the family. Told my girls we would get a bottle of sparkling cider and mommy would drink it with them...which is much better than "don't touch that glass! That is mommy's drink" and my 2 year old replies "oh Beer?"
            I am looking forward to the food. I never ever eat if i am drinking. never even think of it. i can sit around a table full of food and watch people eat but if i haved a drink in my hand i have absolutely NO urge...so point being it will be nice to have a snack or two!!
            Happy new years to all. I have only been on this site for a short time though i had browsed it frequently before i took the leap. I am very thank full for you all and for your open supportive arms.
            I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
            sober since 2/4/12

Comment

hay all, its 12.11am on thursday 01-01-09 here in NZ, and i rang it in Sober, with the intention of staying sober for all of 2009, happy New year everyone, may 2009 be filled with love & laughter, enjoyed in the company of family & friends.
              hugs
              *Witchy*
              Progress, not perfection!!!
              A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Sensational Witchy!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA, I didnt know NZ was A hour and a bit a head of Oz Happy New year!!!!!! big hugs and you must feel great bringing it in AL FREEEEEEEEEE All the best for 09 Cap

Comment

A Happy New Year to all and I'm on to Day 3. I plan to start the New Year sober and with a plan for health and sobriety. Thank you all for your support because I know it will not be an easy year. Have family issues from this year that will carry over but my new strength will get me through and all of you.
                  Blessings,
                  Goldie

Comment

Happy New Year All ODATers
                    I will be AF tonight too. I am working the overnight shift, so will be ringing in the New Year with my patients. I like working New Year's Eve. It is premium pay. Only problem is, we are having a snowstorm here and I left my boots at work.lol. Us NH women are tough. I will make it. Happy New Year to all and best wishes with your goals.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

good morning ODATerz
                      Congrats witchy, hi ezzy, star, captn, goldie, rusty, newday, & guitar. Good luck to everyone in meeting their goals tonight. SF, sparkling cider sounds great! I'm going to pick some up. Staying home and watching Burn After Reading w/ Clooney and Pitt. That man candy should keep me awake until the ball drops. No AL for me. Day 17 and holding strong!
                      Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
                      - Tolkein

Comment

ODATERS!!!!

Morning all! I love it when everybody sounds so good! I am happily staying home and doing whatever I wish. (It does include a bone in leg of lamb :H) I was thinking I'd be glad for 2008 to be over as it was a bitch of a year, but then really........ getting sober and ending a bad marriage is actually pretty damn good. So me and my big girl pants are ready for 2009!

Give yourself resolve!

Savon, where are you?
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Youre the best Greenie!!!! Who cares about 09 the things you have dealt with in 08 give you ORBITER status!!!!! and yes I agree where are you grass hopper SAVVY!!!!

Comment

Yeah, where is Savvy and Dingy????
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Happy New Year, I too will be going into 2009 AF, luckily I have nowhere to go and no one is coming over - yeah, just me and my family. Need to go to the grocery store and it is snowing pretty hard, but will go anyway, need some of that sparkling cider. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy AF 2009!!

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                              X