ODAT - Wednesday New Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all --- well, I'm up again ... posted early this morning, but went back to bed and had a lovely sleep. (It's going on 10:00 am here) So feeling refreshed and eager to start the New Year AF. Cancelled our plans to attend a party ---- so just hubby and I are going to dinner and a movie. (Unless we end up getting the storm that some of you in the N.E US are experiencing ... then I'll be happy to stay home!).

Comment

Happy New Year ODATers!

I always read this thread and thought today I would jump in and say hello today and sober! And will also ring in the New Year here in Texas tonight with Apple Cider with my teenage son! Have a wonderful day/evening everyone and Happy New Year! Thank each and every one of you for being here--reading all of your posts have helped me every day in this journey towards being a better person.

Comment

hi all.
        Day 9 again for me.
        This year was my first sober Christmas Day in a very long time. This will be my first sober New Years Eve as well...looking forward to it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my ODAT frends, and every one here at MWO, I couldn't have accomplished as many AF days without this place, and the supportive caring people here.
        Love you guys, :l :h
        K
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi all you ODATers and happy new year to you all.

Fresh start for this cat on Jan 1!! Must go to a hash run tonight with my pals followed by snacks and then home - hope not to be out too late. The trail setter says it will be at least 6km. Not a long distance but when it is frigidly cold out, short runs are best, right??? Brrr!!! I think I will try to convince him to make it less than 5km! I'm feeling like such a whoosie these days!

So Thank you all for being out there. Even though I haven't had alot of success here lately on the AF front, nor do I post that much, I do check in every day to see how you all are doing. And so many of you are doing fabulously! Keep up the good work and stay happy!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for myself for AF January and will need all the strength I can muster!

xoxox peanut

Comment

Happy new year to those who have already rang it in and strength to those that haven't.

I'm not sure what my plans are for tonight - was supposed to go to a friends house but am still feeling yucky so not sure what I'm doing. If I do though it will be armed full of AF drinks.

Have a great night guys! Looking forward to talking to you all in 2009.

Love and hugs,
            Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Attached files [img]/converted_files/753143=4540-attachment.jpg[/img]
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Peanut - I am there with you - I haven't been good as well and post just a few times, but I keep up with everyone and the encouragement from the group is overwhelming. I have a low key evening tonight with movie, etc. and definitely AF. I signed up for a race in February as a sign that I am committed to doing this and will find a way to "muster the strength" for an AF LIFE that starts with 2009! Look forward to getting to know everyone better this next year and thank you to you all for being there!:h

Comment

Hi ODATers!

Glad too see everyone is doing so well.

We are having a cold snap and it is a crazy 50 below zero here, so my new years will definately be a cozy movie night with my son. Might even sleep throught the big moment.

I've had some family issues and haven't been around much but wanted to peek in and say Happy New Year to you all.

:l
                  Ak
                  :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Akgirl - I won't complain about running in -30C temps tonight - I'll think about you and try to remember how easy we got it. Ha!! Everything is relative!!!!
                    xoxo peanut

Comment

Hi Peanut and AKgirl ---- have missed seeing you about. Peanut, don't your lungs freeze running in those temps?!! We're having a windchill here today too (-25) and can't imagine running anywhere except from my house to my car!

Will think of you ...... low key here too ... just about ready to go out to a movie, and then dinner. Will be home early and could very well sleep through the big moment as well.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Comment

New Day;506971 wrote: and can't imagine running anywhere except from my house to my car!
                        LOL So true!!!!!
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just hanging out at home with hubby and baby tonight, and making steak/baked potatoes for dinner. I haven't been doing very well lately, and my birthday is Sunday, so I plan on making fresh start after that.

Uni and AK, hope you're both doing OK tonight.
                          Peanut and Keeta, good to see you.

Everyone else, happy New Year and let's hope that we can be strong in 2009. (Sorry but it just still feels weird to be in the 2000's!)

Comment

Working...
                          X