HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY NEW YOU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than my 'blip/lapse', I have stayed off the booze and have not counted the days. So really do not know. I never go back to day one as such, but I acknowledge that I faltered and get back up again.

Life is filled with such evil and atrocoties that sometimes we can numb ourselves as a way of dealing with pain, be it what we see, feel or hear about.

Now I am sending you all very good wishes for this New Years Eve in England and as I am not a clock and do not know if it is New Years Day in other countries - A Happy New Year if today is New Years Day. How damned confusing!!!!!

I am feeling more confident and happy - at peace if you like, than I have done for many years. I am noticing and recalling things which keep coming back to me now that I am relatively sober. Things people have done against me, things I have done against others and generally the state of play in my life.

I have caused havoc with my drinking. NOt only personally, professionally, spiritually and telephone-ly!!! But I am not going to dwell, cos dwell rhymes with 'hell'. I was lying in my bed, thinking and thought to myself, ten years have lapsed this coming 2009 since my life went 'tits up' (yes the official word!!!) and you know what I can count five good friends who have been there for me. How lucky am I???? Before my life went 'tits up' I counted many 'so called' friends but they were not. They were 'fair weather' friends and do you know what?? The sunshine is coming back into my life after my walk in the darkness and much has been learnt. I shall not be fooled again.........!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL - MAY YOU ALL HAVE HEALTH, WEALTH, HAPPINESS, LOVE, PEACE AND ALL YOU WISH FOR IN 2009:h

Maddiva...you sound like a wise soul.....all the very best to you....continue your journey with much success....Bella XXX

Comment

Maddiva,
      I woke up this morning thinking about some of the awful things that I have done in the last 20 years or so and like that said no, I am not going to dwell on it. I have also done lots of good things and I have to remember that too. 2009 will be more of the good me.
      Happy New Year Maddiva and have a great New Year everyone no matter what day it is now!
      xx
      There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

WISHING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ON THIS SITE A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND POSITIVE NEW YEAR!
        Thank you to all who have responded to my cries for help in the past.............you're all wonderful people.
        GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! x
        Three F's . . .

Family ~ Fun ~ Future

I want them back in my life

Comment

And a very Happy New Year to you too Maddiva and everyone else!!
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Happy New Year to you Maddy
            You have come a long way baby!! I too, will be looking forward only. I plan to rid myself of ALL of my demons this year. One at a time. One day at a time. I look forward to spending 2009 with all of you.:h
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Thanks Maddy! Good perspective! And Happy New Year to you, too....

Comment

Happy New Year all you cool cats.........boy that saying is dated ! Ha! IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

happy sober new years to one and all
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

?We are one another's angels?
                    Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Maddy, you are sounding great and thats wise advice you are giving. Thanks.
                      Happy new year to you its great to hear you sounding so positive
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am not gonna write anymore chapters in my book of life...I am gonna throw the OLD one in the TRASH !!
                        In 2009 I am gonna start a WHOLE new book.That way I have nothing to look back and read and I must instead keep my eyes focused straight ahead at a Healthy SOBER FUTURE !!!!
                        I WISH THE SAME, FOR YOU !!!
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

That is such a great post! I totally agree with everthing you say. Happy new years!

Comment

Working...
                          X