Hello I'm New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I'm New Here

I found this site a few days before new years eve. I really think I need it now. I am still recovering from an embarrassing start to the new year (passed out before midnight). I have been struggling with my problems with alcohol for a few years. I had a really bad year 2008 started out with 21 days in a treatment center. I didn't followup with outpatient therapy and was drinking again after 4 months sober. It was so hard. Everyone around me drinks! I had a knee injury in may and ended up having surgery in october. I really went stir crazy while off work recovering from the surgery. I got in a huge fight with my best friend and took a handful of percocets while really drunk in an attempt to quit feeling. I am grateful that I woke up the next morning. That experience had woken me up to my issues and I have just recently started seeing a therapist and a mental health nurse practitioner. I have been diagnosed with severe depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I also have borderline personality traits. I am also a cutter but am proud to say I haven't cut since September.

Okay I am rambling....but I am beginning the new year with a new attitude. I want to get control over my drinking and get back into shape. Lose those 40 lbs laziness attached to my body!
    :crazymonkey:Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.? -George Carlin

Hello I'm New Here

hi laurel and welcome. You have made a brave and positive step by joining. You will have many, many words of encouragement here and the single one thing required in return is your comittment to a better life. I have made that and although it is tough sometimes it is, in the long run, the better choice. Look forward to seeing your posts and, in that, your strength. Good luck. Summer x

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome Laurel, and good luck in your journey.

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome Laurel and I wish you the very best. Read RJ's book and keep posting you will get a lot of great support.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome! Lots of support here. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to getting to know you. Do you have the book?
          Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
          - Tolkein

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome Laurel and best wishes. This is a great place with so much support and insight, Visit often!
            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
            -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome, Laurel! I just joined too. We can do this! You've already made a great start. Read the book, get prepared, and start when you're ready. I wasn't going to start until 1/5, when I have a Dr.'s appointment, but was so excited I went ahead and started yesterday. First night was a little restless, but the supplements REALLY help. Hopefully my CD's will come in the mail today. Already my face is less red and puffy and I feel better. You will too!

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome Laurel - you sound like you've had a really tough time - time to look after yourself now !* XX
                :new:

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

hi laurel,im at a bit of a loss,ive written this 3 times not to offend anyone,even checked the spelling,why on earth would you mix perks and AL,ive said my new years resolution was to stay posiitve,its been 2 days,its harder then staying away from AL,i do wish you well,but do you no who your best freind is right now,death,ive been where youve been,gyco

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Hi Laurel Welcome to the MWO family. You took the first step - joining our friendly group, where no one judges, and we all offer support. Use us as your anchor and we promise not to let you down. Stay close to this website for your first weeks into an AF life. THe support is beyond what you could imagine
                    DLW
                    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                      Today is a Mystery
                      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Hi Laurel and WE LOME to MWO. You will find many others in the same boat as you.Stay close and let us get to know you.There is GREAT power in NUMBERS of people wanting the same thing and working toward our goals together...I look forward to knowing you better.
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Laurel welcome, you have made some good choices, especially getting yourself some professional help, they will be able to give the tools you need to navigate your life with depression etc & remember we are all here for you, good luck & let us know how your doing!!!
                        *Witchy*
                        Progress, not perfection!!!
                        A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

A warm welcome from me too, Laurel - sounds like you've had some tough times, but you also sound determined to move forward and get a fresh start - this is a great place for support so keep visiting, read, read, read, keep strong and look for help when you need it -we're all here for each other! :welcome:
                          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                          Goals:
                          Days 1-7 DONE
                          Days 8-14 DONE
                          Days 15-21 DONE
                          30 days DONE
                          60 days
                          100 days

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Hello and welcome. Read my old posts and you see then you are not alone in this hell. I have been in the cutting hell to and have terrible scars on my hands that I am always hiding.
                            Take care and I am sure we can do it this year.
                            Hugs,
                            Ylfa

Comment

Hello I'm New Here

Welcome and good luck! I love the Carlin quote!
                              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                              X