Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

three weeks AF

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to all, I managed to get through Christmas, New Year and my brother in Laws birthday party with no AF. I bought a book called "Body for Life" for my husband for Christmas and I think that I will give the 12 week challenge a go. If you go to Body-for-LIFE there are before and after photos of past champions that are just mind blowing after 12 weeks. There are a few quotations from past champions in the book that I would like to share.

"There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs" Sarah Brown

"You can't attain your dreams if you don't know what they are" Sylvia Bortman

"Never give up. never stop trying. As long as you're trying, you haven't failed' Julie Whitt

"Make the most of today. It's the one day you have. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow will be dealt with tomorrow. When your fearful, do what's right in front of you, and the fear will pass". Mike Harris (philosophy he adopted when becoming sober in 1983)

"The most important thing is to stay focused on progress not perfection" Nick Boswell

Good luck to everyone in 2009.

Heres to an AF January challenge
    :thanks: AF since 13/12/2008

three weeks AF

Hey C-girl,
    My brother was going to take the Body for Life Challenge, but backed out. They are amazing stories though, aren't they?!?! Will your hubby do it you think?
    I'm up for the AF January challenge! On day 2 here and just heading out for a lane swim workout (such an exciting friday night, eh?!?!?!)
    xoxo peanut

Comment

three weeks AF

Great job Charliegirl! Good luck with body for life. I have the book and it is gathering dust on the shelf. I'm getting it out and may join you! Also great job Peanut!
      Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
      - Tolkein

Comment

three weeks AF

Hi Peanut and Bridget

yes my husband will do the Body for Life with me but I will have to pack his meals for him. Hopefully after all the Christmas festivities he will be AF through the week, which will help me immensely. I just know if I set myself a goal of 12 weeks it will take my mind of the AL as I know I cant drink while doing the challenge. I doubt I would actually enter but it will be a personal challenge for myself and at my age might be the last time I can get my body back.
        :thanks: AF since 13/12/2008

Comment

three weeks AF

CG, Thanks for sharing those quotations. I'm going to focus on the Julie Whitt one for today: "Never give up. Never stop trying. As long as you're trying, you haven't failed." Day 3 for me. Hope it's easier than day 2!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

three weeks AF

CharlieGirl - Great job on 3 weeks!!:wd: That must be a great feeling - Keep it up!!!
            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
            -Alan Cohen

Comment

three weeks AF

Good job CG...It is quite a journey of self discovery...a trip well worth taking.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

three weeks AF

Well done. I love your quotations. They are very inspiring.

Comment

three weeks AF

Congratulations on your 3 weeks and your positive attitude.

Comment

three weeks AF

What an awesome start to the New Year! Good Luck!
                    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

three weeks AF

WELL DONE!
                      YOU'RE SUCH A STRONG PERSON. I'M SOOO PROUD OF YOU!

Comment

Working...
                      X