menstrual cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

menstrual cycle

I have noticed that my craving for alcohol increases as the day to start my period comes round. the day after i start bleeding I usually have no craving what so ever. does anybody else experience this and will the supplements help with this??

menstrual cycle

Hi Sophia

I find that for about 1 week before, I turn into a wine cellar !!! I used to drink about 3 bottles of white wine a day ordinarily - I know - that's bad enogh as it is - but that was just to make me feel 'normal' - it's been creeping up slowly ovver years. Anyway the week or two before - I turn into a crazed maniac - and can sink 4 bottles - sometimes even opening a 5th aaaaaaahhh!! I think it's because there's so much pent up feelings and hormones - then it's just a release. It's like you can't cope with anger and bad moods etc and it just helps to foret.
    I went down to 2 bottles a day when I came on, on sunday. i was trying to cut down anyway because I went on Librium on tuesday and have not had withdrawals at all - it's BRILL ... I'm on my 3rd day now of abstinence - HOORAH !!.
    I down know if your addiction is as bad as mine, but I had really bad withdrawals, hallucinations etc. and found that Librium alleviates ALL of the symptoms.

But yes - I did find that I turned into a mad drinking machine before I came on.

Good Luck - I think this website is brill. I've found that loads of people have got ( or had ) the same things that I have had.

Lots of Love
    Bambino xxx
    :l
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

menstrual cycle

Pmsssssssss

Funny you should post that! I was going to write the same thing!!!! I tend to binge around that time of the month especially. I think perhaps its easier to give in and say 'I'll have a drink' because of the added stress of PMS? and the extra emotion. Maybe its something chemical? I dont know. Perhaps someone on here has researched this area and can shed some light for us Sophia, cause I'd like to know. So yes I certainly experience this and really drink more on the day before I come on especially and the first day of my period. (sorry to be so graphic!!!)

Comment

menstrual cycle

Doctors - ha

Hi gals

Forgot to mention that I went to the docs about 5 weeks ago to talk about my alcohol and to see if he would prescribe me with Librium to stop the withdrawals. I mentioned that it gets worse before my period and he said that I can't blame drinking on PMS !!! Yeh right - I drink because of PMS !! ****head !!!
        He peered at my face which had a couple of those PMS zits ( ya know wot I mean ) and instead of coming away with a positive solution to my overcoming alc addicition he gave me some stuff to put on my FACE

It's a JOKE - but I'm not laffing.
        Anyway - on the right road now.

Spk soon
        Bambino
        xxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

menstrual cycle

thanks folks, good to hear I'm normal! today is day one of my cycle just started bleeding, and I have decided it will be a good day to start abstaining yikes

I have seen my nurse practitioner who is very supportive, didn't talk to her about the pms link though, may do that next time, but I am sure it is all linked into nutrition/ suger intake something like that. (not as clued up as CV have you seen some of those posts amazing stuff) I have another appointment week on monday and hope to be prescribed campral as promised, but I need to abstain before I can start it. so no time like the present eh

Comment

menstrual cycle

You can do it girl :l

I'm on day 4 - and counting !!!

Good luck and keep us posted - I'm just a starter too so we can go thru it 2 gether

Luv n hugs
            :h

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

menstrual cycle

Menstrual Cycle

Hi Girls,

PMS had been kicking my butt for years. My ob/gyn prescribed Zoloft for the symptoms. It does work. I read with interest the link between sugar, alcohol etc. I am convinced PMS can reek havoc on us. It's all hormones ladies. Hormones circulating in our bodies, going up and down and all around. Excercise is crucial. The CD's and the relaxation too. Anyway, I have been taking Zoloft for about three years. I am on 50 mg daily. I will continue for at least the time being, while I am regaining control of my drinking and getting healthier. I did not notice an increase in desire to drink before my cycle, I wanted to drink all month long! I did notice two things though. The effect of the wine. Some months I would get really drunk quickly before my period and other months I needed more wine for the same effect. I don't know what that means, but I thought it was interesting.

One more thing, with me, Zoloft keeps me on a very even keel. I don't cry much at all. Without the Zoloft I am very emotional and cry at Hallmark card commercials. That part kind of bothers me, I know how effective it must be in my brain. It gets me thinking about how all chemicals (including alcohol, sugar and medications ) alter our brain, our moods and our personality.

Big Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

menstrual cycle

PMS Drkinkin

Sophia,

i really crave alcohol about two weeks before my period starts. I've noticed this realation for about a year now. I've tried all kinds of vitamins, abstaining from sugar, excercise. Nothing helps my pms. I hate it, really its so bad it makes everything miserable. I get really depressed during that time. I know drinking makes it worse in the long run, but its always so tempting, isnt it?

Debbie

Comment

menstrual cycle

Yup, yup, yup....

I usually go WAY overboard the night or two before the ship lands... ! I have noticed that for several years, but the craving increases for about a week before. I really think for me it is two things. ONE... sugar cravings increase for me at this time, and I am wine drinker. I have never been a big sweets fan, or dessert person... eat chocolate maybe three or four times a year. (at the most). Just dont care about it. But I am sure my body has become depenent on the sugar in the wine, and this craving for the sugar increases, thus my desire for more wine.

Secondly, I do get very uptight, stressed about every little thing.... so wine is my favorite thing to turn to when I feel that way, so put the increased craving for sugar (and no desire to satisfy it with refined sugar), plus the lovely mood that needs to be enhanced.... well.. I think I have myself figured out anyway! :l

I am SURE there is a definite connection!

Allie
                  What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Working...
                  X