I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

I am new here. I vowed to get my drinking under control for the new year. Yesterday I started drinking at noon and did not stop until I went to bed. My youngest daughter got upset with me. She is 9. She asked me why I don't drink water. I did not know she even realised what I was doing. I am so devastated. I dont know if I can stop completely.
    This depression is so horrible. I need to know I can get better.

I need help

Welcome Blanchie
    Yes- you can. Good for you for coming here and reaching out. A good thing to do when you first arrive is read and read-
    There are a lot of moms here- and I am sure that you will get lots of good advice and support.
    Take a deep breath, grab a glass of water and jump in.

-Sheep

Comment

I need help

Welcome Blanch! Like Sheepish stated, read as much as you can. Post as much as you can. Download the book and read it. Let us know how we can help you come up with a plan that will work for you. Keep reaching out :h
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I need help

It is not even noon and I am already wondering how I can get thru the day.

Comment

I need help

Blanchie
          Can you tell us more about your situation?- (if you feel comfortable)
          Maybe if you 'talk' a bit, it will relieve some of the pressure?
          Also- maybe you can think of getting through the next half hour. Take it in smaller, more manageable sections...
          -Sheep

Comment

I need help

I am married with 2 girls 9 and 11. My husband is wonderful. We have talked about my drinking and he said he would help me. He really doesnt think I have a huge problem.
            I drink every day and have for probably 6 or 7 years. Even before that, I drink too much when I do drink.
            My sister died 2 years ago. She was an alcoholic. I have gotten worse since her death. She died from drinking and here I am doing the same thing.
            The worst thing is knowing that my kids get it. I had no idea they understood what I was doing to myself. I feel like a failure. I am tired of being paraniod and feeling like my life is useless.

Comment

I need help

Blanch, do you want to go to chat for a few minutes? Maybe we can help you with a plan for the day.
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I need help

You can do this...here is an idea that has helped me feel more positive, when I have wanted to give up...
                Goggle YOU TUBE then type in (Sinclair method stop drinking), there are 4 parts to this video...
                watch it and see if it doesn't give you hope.
                Then order MWO book and start getting a SOBER LIFE PLAN TOGETHER.
                if I can do this...anyone can.
                I never thought I could LOVE life again but with the help of MWO ...I DO, so can you !!!
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I need help

Went to chat but no one was there???
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I need help

"My husband is wonderful. We have talked about my drinking and he said he would help me"
                    There,s your rock!!!!
                    He will know you inside and out warts and all
                    Hopefully i would think you will be able to delve into what makes you drink.
                    Concerning the children....Mine said to me about smoking "stop dad you are killing yourself"
                    When the kids say that to you ,you take notice....
                    As with all things ...One day at a time.the days soon mount up..

Keep well

Comment

I need help

The most important thing right now is that YOU feel like you have a problem. You said that your husband said he would like to help- What could your husband do that would be helpful for you now? Something concrete- today. Could he take the girls while you take a nap? Or is being alone not a good idea? Like Wally said- the first thing to do is try to give yourself a little care, a little nurturing... What would that be right now?
                      -Sheep

Comment

I need help

How do i get to the chat room

Comment

I need help

Click on live chat. Look for it near the top of your screen, to the left.
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I need help

I can't seem to get the chat to come up. just a blank box

Comment

I need help

Maximize that blank box and you will see the text box.
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X