I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

Did you find it Blanchie? We are there...

Comment

I need help

it just comes up a box with a red x in the left top corner

Comment

I need help

Did you go to the LIve Chat and try to click Public Chat in a New Window?

Comment

I need help

aaarrrgh...I dont know how to get java

Comment

I need help

Follow Wallys link.
            :l
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I need help

You can do it Blanchie

Comment

I need help

Blanchie,

Sometimes a new browser will help you. If you're using AOL, try Internet Exploror. Try Firefox. Does this help?
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I need help

I'll suggest one more thing as I have problems w/chat too. I hope you don't mind, just trying to help. If you have another computer in the house you might want to try that one. I can't chat on one comp but can on another. I hope I'm not confusing matters :-)
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I need help

Hi hun.
                    Yes, it's horrible when your children pick you up on it. My child is only 1 but i swear she knows, she watches me as well which hurts and is one of the reasons i am stopping.
                    Moderating drinking is really hard. Old habits come back fast. You can do this. It's very hard but really worth it. Get rid of all the drink and spend time with you daughter. Good luck.

Comment

I need help

Hi - I have 2 daughters - 11 and 15 and it horrified me to see their faces when I got drunk - my 15 year old is so pleased to see me sober and don't forget that unconditional love they have for you - you can do it!xx
                      :new:

Comment

I need help

hi

new here but kind of know what you mean, i would always put my daughter before my own life, i am just seperated and get my little princess every 2nd weekend (unless its the holls then i get f/all lol.) i will not drink infront of her but cant wait till she goes to bed . problem is she wrecks my new batular pad haha, then keeps waking her dad up to get dressed in the morning ,this can be anytime between 5 when i cant sleep or 8 when she gets up or 12 or 2 when i can sleep. my daughter is 2 . know how wrong this is so all the arseholes that can identify with me and qote the big AA book can piss off .think im trying to say that i hate what i have become but like you i am searching for the answer. you love your kid like i do and pray that i can really put her first .

Comment

I need help

Welcome to you! Sounds like you have a great platform in the area of support to get you started!!

My 15 year old daughter noticed my drinking when she was 10. I thought I was hiding it, but NO WAY. These kids are smart cookies. They know when something is wrong or is different.

Congrats on wanting to change. It is hard the first few days then it becomes a lot easier. The biggest thing is to break the 'habit' of drinking. Of course there is a physical dependence on it, but the habit, I believe is harder to break. Keep very busy, and don't forget to treat yourself with tons of kindness while you are detoxing.

I hope to see you around.

Comment

I need help

I cracked yesterday and had 2....but I stopped. I knew I would hate myself if I kept going. I know that is not great, but, I stopped, so I feel good today. No hangover, just still very depressed.
                            It is a new day and I am working until late. I think it will be an ok day. I have to get thru this one. I want this depression to go away.

Comment

I need help

Hi Blanchie
                              Rome wasn't built in a day- and you came back here and kept talking. That is good.
                              Keep going and try to be good to yourself. Depression and Al go hand in hand- they are the proverbial chicken and egg, once the Al is out of your system you can feel the depression shift and have the strength to work on it. You can do it.
                              -Sheep

Comment

I need help

how are you doing Blanche???

Comment

Working...
                                X