Betty is Sweaty again but doing OK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I'm back in the Tropics again after a great Christmas in the UK. Lots of food, great company, a fair amount of AL and absolutely no exercise. I've just done 2 days AF and am feeling proud of myself. I'd like to moderate, so I might have 2 drinks on Friday, it'll be an interesting test. I'm really jetlagged at the minute so it'll take a couple of days to get back into my routine and start exercising. Whilst I was back in the UK I tried to talk to a couple of my friends about how concerned I was about my alcohol consumption, but was surprised when they were really evasive and changed the subject quickly. It's made me really value the support from the boards here. Thanks to everone for sharing.:thanks:
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

tere great well put hola

Comment

Welcome back Sweaty Betty! It sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on your 2 days AF.

Drinking in moderation is hard work. I gave up the notion of ever moderating because I liked to get wasted. If I have one or two I figure what is the point? I hope it works for you! Keep us posted on your progress.

Why were your friends so evasive about your discussion? Did they feel uncomfortable? Do they drink a lot? I agree with the support here. I find a lot of people, when I speak of my problem with AL, they either say too much (in a negative way) or they simply don't understand. That is frustrating.

again, welcome back.

Comment

Hi Betty welcome back! I wonder why your friends were so evasive - do you think they could be worried about their own alcohol intake ? I wish I could moderate but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be for me - good luck xx
        :new:

Comment

Welcome back SweatyBetty. Glad to see you enjoyed your holiday and have returned with a determined plan. I am going for 30 days AF, am on day 8 again, I think I was on day 8 when you flew out. I stuffed up 2 times over christmas.

Comment

Thanks all. None of my friends drink heavily, so I think they were either embarrassed or just didn't 'get it'. I've always been high functioning, and the entertainment at social events, so they don't see what the problem is.
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome back & Happy New Year, Betty!
              Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and got to cool down a bit?

Well, you know, it's really hard telling how much a friend really consumes - look at us. For the longest time nobody had a clue how much we really drank, right? Your friends may well feel that they drink too much themselves. Or.. as you said... just don't see a problem.

Btw, you are VERY brave to even bring up the subject with your friends!

Hope your jet lag subsides soon - again, welcome back!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Welcome back, Betty.

I also found people embarassed to talk about alcohol. When I gave up smoking, there were smiles all around, but this seems to touch a different cord.

Comment

Working...
                X