Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused

I'm new here and posted some back woundering if I have a problem. I'm a weekend drunk I would say going through 1 1/2 175 ml of vodka in my 3 days off. The rest of the week I stay AF. I wounder what it would be like to cut this out of my life for good, I have been doing this for years and I am in my mid 40's. I have noticed it has picked up the last few years. My weight has gone way up also and I know it is a part of it. I feel worn down and lazy also. My gess it has to do with it also.

So for you old timers here, how much better do you feel off booz? Did any of you have a weight issue from it and did it come under control when you quit? It is just hard to see my life without it. What worked for you?

I need to loose 40 pounds and plan to go AF starting 1/06/09 and work a diet program and see how it goes. In the past I was always able to knock down the pounds and keep it in my life, but I somehow feel it is holding me back from greater things in life. I am luckey as I have a good Wife and a good job but this is going to be a health issue someday I feel. So any advice would be great.

Confused

Welcome

I gained 50 pounds when I started drinking several years ago. Empty calories...plus I lost my sense of reason and limits, and snacked all the time while drunk. I hate being fat and stupis, so AL and I must divorce. this is the best site ever for help, love, encouragement and support from people JUST LIKE US!:welcome:

Comment

Confused

I am also a weekend drinker. I have had 3 out of 4 AF weekends since I came here and it feels great. On the days I didn't drink I spent a lot of time in the gym but I am hoping to lose that stubborn belly now that I am trying to stop drinking. I also used AL to control my eating, so I didn't eat when I drank but the weight still fluctuated weekly.

Comment

Working...
      X