MWO PROGRAM STARTERS 09 Week 2 Jan 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to make a new week when I posted this morning......sorry!

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to fit the cd's into life....I just can't seem to figure it out. If I go into my room at 7:00 pm (which is pretty much impossible if my little girl is still up) and listen to the clearing tracks I always fall alseep before I can get to the sleep learining.

I guess I will just keep falling asleep to the clearing tracks for the recommended time.
    Right?
    :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Hey JAMMS - how's it going? I have the CD's and awhile back (weeks) I tried to get into the first clearing track and I swear I thought about EVERYTHING ELSE but what I should be. I'm gonna try to start again here in the next coupls days before school starts. Hopefully I will be sleeping by then. I have to get a bedside CD player, but unlike you I wont have to fuss with the kids over it

Off to cook...without AL
    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hi JAMMS and Cat! It's almost the end of my day 5. I have about 4 hours till bedtime. Basically, I feel I can say: I MADE IT! A personal record!
      Cat, Cooking without alc is still a bit of a challenge for me. Cooking is a huge trigger. I've been doing things like using my crock so I can actually cook early in the day, or just heating up left-overs. Kind of skirting around the cooking time so far.
      JAMMS, I don't think you should worry about the falling asleep. I do it all the time if I try those CDs in the evening! I thought I read in the instructions that falling asleep was OK. I never try to do two at a session. Sometimes I just go to bed with the sleep learning. I don't know if I believe in all the subliminal stuff. I'm a skeptic. But the sleep learning serves a purpose. It soothes me and helps me to sleep. Perhaps the subliminal really works. I just don't know.
      Keep up the good fight, you two! Thanks for being there. I don't think I would have made day 5 without you and all our friends here.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hey Dill ---- I'm right with you on the end of Day 5 ... a first for me too! Going to watch the Jr. World Hockey championship (Canada vs. Sweden) and then off to bed. So far so good ... besides cooking, watching hockey is another drinking trigger, but I feel strong enough to get through this today! ... and also thanks to everyone here!
        Bring on day 6! YEAH!

Comment

Hi - I know what you mean about thinking about everything else except what you are supposed to when listening to the CD's Cat. I mean, exactly how "deep" can one possibly go down those stairs. I keep seeing journey to the centre of the earth. Plus, his voice and pronunciation and inunciation I find rather bothersome, but I keep on trying. I really like the subliminal and use that to go to sleep at night, imaging being on a beach with palm trees, as the sleep learning reminds me of my toilet running. See? Too much thinking about it.

Good for you for making Day 5. Me too - I did do 33 days before, but this is my first day 5 since July - I think - must check back in the drink tracker - no, I did it once before in August, but not since then!!! Have any of you newbies thought of using the Drink Tracker?? It really is quite satisfying seeing all those zeros lined up. I suppose same idea as someone previously suggested of putting green marks in your calendar for every day you abstain. Sort of a visual confirmation of your success!

Best go eat the lovely chicken/curry soup my son made!
          xoxo peanut

Comment

Hey Dill - I know, what is it about cooking? I don't want AL during the day when I'm doing anything else. Even if I cook a meal for company that's at lunch, don't crave AL. But when it's me and hubby, and it's that time of day...I guess it's just the social patterns we get into and the routines. Get a glass of wine or a drink - talk about the day...or other people, chop, cook, be merry!
            You're right we're almost thru with day 5! Awhile ago my husband goes, "so what is it, day4?" (he's quitting too) - my mind started racing, like "are you kidding me? how can you not be keeping track? it's day 5! DAY 5!":H I guess I'm alone in my little parade, me and my MWO peeps!!
            All kidding aside, I am not only proud of myself but of everyone here, let's keep it up!
            And Dill, you always beat me on in the morning, so I look forward to reading your posts, it gives me a little boost
            Have a good night's sleep everyone!

Cat
            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
            -Alan Cohen

Comment

Peanut - glad its not just me about that guys voice...HE needs to relax...
              Catawprint:

-Alan Cohen

Comment

Hi Cat --- I certainly hope I get some sleep tonight ---- after only 3 1/2 hours last night! I did take a half hour nap this afternoon, so feel fine now, but boy, it makes for a long restless night!

I think half of it is, I'm so happy I'm AF ---- it's on my mind all the time too, Cat! I haven't told anyone what I'm doing, but hubby does know that I'm trying to lose weight. He hasn't mentioned me not drinking, which has surprised me....... but maybe he's like your husband ... it's not in the forefront like it is for me. I'm thinking .. "How can he not notice?"

Comment

New Day - I think I only got about that much sleep too! I am soooo tired right now, feet killing me from work and then standing in the kitchen with my boy, cooking. I also seem to have this AF thing on my mind constantly, but would love to not be thinking and counting all the time.

Funny, but I have no desire to drink while cooking. The only thing I want to do while drinking is smoke..and read... or dance - very focussed!! Ha!
                  xoxo peanut

Comment

New Day, Enjoy the hockey. We’ll be watching Ohio State play Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. Ohio State is expected to lose. Gotta root for the underdog! Congrats on Day 5!!!

Peanut, That chicken curry soup sounds good! Mmm. And you didn’t even have to cook it! And I agree the guys voice is annoying. Also, it takes a lot of patience to keep going down those steps!

Cat, I always look forward to your posts, too. And can you believe it? Day 5! I, like New Day, have not told anyone what I’m doing (MWO). I’m so afraid I’ll fail. The support of everyone here is so important to me!

Sleep hasn't been and issue for me, but I hope this is the night we ALL get a good night's sleep. Then onward to day 6!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Go Team!
                      Sounds like people are doing great, getting into the flow and routine.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Peanut, I saw your post on the Drunk to Abstinent to moderation thread in General Discussion and want to tell you that you summed it up for me!
                        Dill

Comment

Dill, I am an Ohio State alum, so we are always 'go Buckeyes' -- even though I hate football. Please PM me and let me know where you live. It's nice to have members "close by." And thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I am really not. I did hold off witching hour for an hr. and a half. But I too like to drink when cooking dinner, and during dinner, and after dinner...

I have been on MWO for 3 years now, off and on, and still struggling. I feel a little embarrassed. I did the CDs last May when I first tried the supps and Topa. But thinking about them now puts this strange trepidation into me. I remember someone saying a while back that she was afraid of the guy's voice, where he gets real stern. But when I tell myself "ok, it's time to get back on track, with supps and CDs [I have some down time right now before school starts back]", I just get this fear-like feeling, when I remember the 'escyulaytor that you would not mind descending.' I am also a language teacher, so the idiosyncrasies REALLY bug me. I know they bug many of you too.

Just feeling kind of out of sorts.

Comment

CS, I don't like it when the guy gets the stern voice either. I kind of quit listening to the hypno tapes because of it. I mostly like the clearing ones. But it's hard to find time for them, too.
                            Sorry you are struggling. I have tried to quit/cut back for the last 10 years! But instead have just drank more instead of less. I worry that I won't be able to do this. But, I won't give up, and you won't either!
                            Right now I am on a break from work. I have no stresses. I don't have any alc in the house. Believe me, if I did, I'd be drinking it. I am worried about getting back to work and falling back into the everyday patterns that I have developed over the years. So, you see, you are not the only one struggling!
                            Dill

Comment

Hi everyone

Jamms, I too find it difficult to fit in the cd's and always fell asleep at night. I am waiting until the girls go back to school and then trying to fit in an hour during the day. Like everything else it is a matter of routine but in our busy lives its hard to fit everything in.

Like you CS04, I have been around a while. While I have not been completely AF I have had more AF time since joining MWO than in the last 20 years. That's why I keep on trying, I just dont want to go back drinking every day. I have stayed on the newbies thread as I feel such a failure when I posted over on abstinance and then slipped. Today is Day 6 so here's to an AF January.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X