MWO PROGRAM STARTERS 09 Week 2 Jan 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Day!!! Good to hear from you! How are you sleeping?????
    Just curious! 'Have been reading so much on the importance of sleep...Hope you are doing better with it!

Comment

Yes New Day - I am curius too. I did quite a bit better last night, without taking any Valerian or Melatonin or anything!! Slept from about 12:30 or 1:00am (still hard to drop off) until 3:15, then was afraid I would be awake the rest of the night, but the next thing you know, my alarm went off at 7:40!!! Wow!!! I said "is that really my alarm???" I was so shocked! So it doesn improve, doesn't it!? Still a bit drowsy, as I think I could still use more sleep, but feel pretty good!
      xoxo peanut

Comment

Hi guys --- sleep was a little better .... I took 2 valerians and then listened to a relaxation CD for about 1/2 hour. That "calmed" my mind, but then I had to stop the player, take the headphones off and put the machine away. It took me another hour to get to sleep and then I was up about 3 times in the night, but I do feel it was a better sleep than I've been getting. I don't want to take a sleeping pill and get dependent on those for sleep .. they're highly addictive ... and with my addictive personality, not a good combo ...LOL!

I still feel much better than with the wine induced sleep though. Love waking up with a clear head and more energy! Had a little bit of a struggle to stay away from the wine last night, but fought through it and SO HAPPY I did!

Just think, this time tomorrow we'll have completed a whole week AF!

Have a problem coming up though, maybe you guys can help with ...... I'm going away on a weeks vacation to an all-inclusive with my brother, SIL, some more family and friends of hers ... (it's my SIL's 50th birthday) ... the friends that are coming are all HUGE drinkers/partiers. I'm actually now dreading the week .... it was booked quite awhile ago when I thought this would be fun. Now, if I try and go AF, I'll be razed until I drink .... so I'm thinking I'll try and mod as best I can ... but I'm almost afraid to drink now, because I don't want to go back to where I was. Any suggestions?

Comment

Oiy! New day! That's a doozie!!

I have never had luck NOT drinking around my family, although I have delayed the onset of drinking until later than they! I'm not sure I can give any suggestions, except give it your best shot to stay AF as much as possible. Day time drinking for me is the easiest to resist. Maybe by later in the day, everyone will be acting silly and you won't want to be in their shoes!!! Go to the bar, get a soda with lime and say you are drinking? (terrible to lie about something you should be proud of though, so scrap that one - just get the soda and lime and say nothing!)

In any case, if you do drink, WE won't let you fall into old patterns! We'll whoop your ass until you get back into that saddle!!! (Ha! And I would expect you to do the same for me!!)
          By the way, when do you go? And is it somewhere hot and sunny??
          xoxo peanut

Comment

I'm with Peanut, go to the bar, get a tonic and lime...then lie like hell - what does it matter if helps get you through or even helps you mod? Some lies are okay...tell them it's vodka, how will they know?

Will you be able to get on and post where you are going? Think how funny it will be if you can pull the wool over there eyes! And the stories you can tell if you are sober and they are SILLY!! HAHAHAHA! HEHEHEHE! Sorry, makes me laugh...

Cat
            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
            -Alan Cohen

Comment

Goodafternoon everyone!

Back at work and feeling great...day#7. It sucked bringing my little girl to the sitter today...:upset: after being home with her for 2 weeks though.

Rusty- My decorations are down but still piled in boxes in my dinning room...I have to bring them to my house in PA to store them it'as only an hours drive...but who has the time....I wish I had an attic!

USMgirl- I wish I could work out like you.

ND- When are you leaving? How many AF days will you have under you belt by then? Set up a plan for the vacation and stick with it. Check out the "moderation rules' under *long time moderators* that may help you, if you haven't already.
              If you're taking supps and/omeds take them with you. They will help you...just be sure not to drink just becaue everyone else is. Take the MWO book with you too. If you choose not to drink..I don't think you should lie....tell them you don't want a drink right now...what the hell do you care what they say. The honesty will make you feel good. That's what I would do..
              :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Sunshine- How are you today? Let us hear form you..okay? :l

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

Comment

1more- How are you?

Comment

Cat Belle;512630 wrote: Good morning Dill! Day 7!

I'm with you on getting back into the old routines, although I have until Monday. I haven't told anyone about this either, the only person who knows is my husband and that is because he is also quitting. I am bursting to tell somebody "Hey, I haven't had a drink in 6 DAYS!" ...but then I would need to say "BTW, I'm an alcoholic." Kinda kills the fun...HAAA!

You WILL make it through today and we WILL all wake up in the morning with one week down. You've got it, no biggie-

Have a good day

Cat
                    You hit the nail right on the head with that one! LOL! I was at work today and was thinking about the ride home. I was very nervous about it. At lunch time I visited MWO and read all these great posts! It gave me the motivation I needed to head straight home WITHOUT stopping at the drive thru. Thanks all you guys. I couldn't have done it without you all. Now I will be able to say I have a full week of AF! I didn't think it possible!

I hope you all reached your goals for today, too.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi All ---- thanks for your suggestions re the All-Inclusive... I know, it's going to be a toughie because I'd normally be one of the first and last ones at the bar .. however with this crowd, maybe not ...LOL! ... I think they could be even worse than me ... and that's saying something!

I leave on Jan. 19 to a resort in Panama about 2 hours away from Panama City ... and no, I don't think they've got internet ..... didn't see anything in the brochure about it ... so I'll be out of touch for the whole week.

I'll be home for 2 weeks after that trip, then I leave for Australia to stay with my girlfriend and her husband for 4 weeks. I was down to visit her last year, and the two of us would stay up almost nightly with a couple of bottles of wine. She'll be very okay with me not drinking though. I think she'll probably join me. She's a nurse and we've discussed our drinking and both have decided for our health, that we need to cut back. I haven't told her yet of my efforts, but will prepare her before I arrive, as they ususally stock up the wine cabinet for when I arrive. But, when I visit, I buy all the wine/scotch, etc that we consume, as I am a guest.

I'm trying to get as many AF days before this first trip as I can. I really want to complete this first whole week AF.... and then it will be one day at a time.

I love tonic and lime, and we're all taking insulated mugs to keep our drinks cold and free of sand, so no one will be able to tell what's in mine, unless they're at the bar when I'm ordering. .... and knowing this bunch.... there will always be someone at the bar 24/7!

Thanks Jamms for the suggestion of researching under long-term moderators ... haven't even looked there yet, but I will.

Comment

Dill- Drive thu?

Comment

New, I agree with CBelle....lie yo' ass off girl.....
                          It's way too early in the game to start having to explain yourself to a bunch of family members!!!! Too much for you to think about right now...
                          Just MAKE YOURSELF A PLAN!!!! If you really want to try and MOD, then fine, plan for that. But staying AF will take some planning too!!
                          Look at your itenerary (spelling?) and try and map out a plan for anything that might come up or for whatever activities you've got going on......maybe that will help?

It's a hard one, I'm sure....
                          Day 7 for me and I know that would be hard for me at this time.
                          Good luck honey.....:h

Comment

JAMMS, It's a store that sells beer, wine, non-alc beverages, chips and snacks. You drive your car thru, tell them what you want, they give it to you, you pay them. You never get out of your car. Don't they have them in NY, or are they called by another name?
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

There are none where I live. I was jsut told by a co-worker that there are some in Long Island, NY. I wish they were here. I'm always running out for milk.

Comment

JAMMS, No milk or healthy beverages! Just junk foods/beverages!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X