Going to get through one day today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's morning here. Had a very bad night, and have been having a bad run over Christmas. I decided to post because I just want to get through one day AL free. The days are OK for me. It is when six o'clock roles around. But I figure if I can commit to just today, that is as much as I can do.
    no time like the present

It is great that you are trying again. I know that you can be AF for one day. I agree the holidays are very hard - I did horribly, but am starting again. That is all you can do. My danger times are between 4 and 7 in the evening. I have to have a plan in my head to not drink. Just try one day at a time. My throughts are with you.
    Redhibiscus

Comment

Hi Skinny.

Have you considered some meds to help you along?! (to help with craving or perhaps to take the option of drinking like Antabuse)

around five/six used to be my danger time too. (and it still is.)
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I too crashed and burned over Xmas - had 9 days then drank for three, five days - drank for 2 and then 8.5 days and just coming off now> feel like hell - nauseous, headache, shakes and sweats> but i can do today> my danger times are similar to yours especially when leaving the office>

Comment

its funny how there is the same pattern for so many people! I started Kudzu today and i ordered topamax but it hasn't come and I am wondering will it at all. I wish you well and hope to hear that tomorrow we will all be one day al free at least!
          no time like the present

Comment

Hi Skinny, you can do this. Happy to hear you are giving it a go. Best of luck and keep posting!!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

You will feel better soon SC. I am glad to see that you are formulating a plan. "Fail to plan, Plan to fail" I heard someone say before. Why not join us on the One Day At A Time thread? ODAT we can do this!!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi skinny. Many, many people DO it without the topa! Go to the Tool Box Thread under monthly abstinence and read through it. I STILL DO! Also, I find the ritual of pouring the glass of cranberry juice over ice in my big wine glass and carrying it around all night STILL relaxing for me. I don't know it may trigger for some. You CAN DO THIS! Take your kudzu near your witching hour.
                Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
                - Tolkein

Comment

:new:
                  Hey Skinny

I'm new here, and today is going to be my first day too. Like you the days are easy, its the nights that I find hard. I had planned on being AF from 1 Jan, well its the 7th today and I haven't been. I wanted to go back to work tomorrow looking alive and refresed instead of drawn and tired. So.... today is day one

Comment

Hey Skinny - You CAN do this!

Tonite is the first night I have cooked w/o stressing that I wasn't already 3 glasses of wine into it. I am on Day 6 AF - kudzu is a HUGE help and so is everyone on this site. I have been very close to the computer for the last 6 days. Stay close, you can do this...:l

Cat
                    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                    -Alan Cohen

Comment

And Tinkerbell......That goes for you TOO!! Seriously stay close and post often, you'll find tons of support!!
                      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Working...
                      X