Once again, Day 1.. Please God!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

made an ass of myself, told my wife a few things I shouldn't have...it doesn't get any better. My 16 year old daughter is developing the same patterns...If I can't do it for myself, I must get the courage for her!

Nunewf

Don't be scared, I was and am only on Day 3 (so don't get me wrong, I know nothing). Yet I do know I am not afriad to fail. The love and support you find here is next to Godliness...true angels, all with their own story of suffering. Welcome to the party and remember your daughter does not want you to do anything for her you won't do for yourself. You want this...you know you do. She does too. Do it for you, and she will believe anything is possible through your actions.
    My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

Morning and welcome, Newfie!

Day one is a good thing! It paves the road to day two

Listen, we've all made asses of ourselves repeatedly and while that realization is awful and makes us sick to our stomach, it also spurs us on to get up and try again. It just did for you. And, good on ya!

Have you got a plan yet? On how you're going to beat the beast? The book is a great start, also the toolbox thread has lots of ideas. Let us know if we can help!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Nunewf,
        I think I have seen you around before. Welcome back. You can do this. Develop a plan and stay close by. Best wishes.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hey Nunewf. Everything has a day 1. I wish you all the best.

It is great that you want to be a better role model for your daughter. But do it for yourself. You deserve a sober life!!!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Focus on the positives. You want to stop, you can stop, you can have a better life and you can be a better role model. You just need to focus on all the reasons that you want to stop. When you want that drink, you remind yourself of how bad AL made you feel at this moment. Because I am sure you don't want to feel like this again.

Comment

Thanks everyone....I can't think about moderate drinking, I've failed so much before, so it's not a reasonable goal for me. Yes Seacailin, I was around the past summer, you were a good support. I gotta get back on track, everything is falling apart!

Comment

Good for you! Ditto what Sunshine said... having a solid plan (and following it!) is essential! Have you read through the "Tool Box" thread in the Monthly Abstinence section? Good stuff in there...

Comment

Nu, welcome back!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

NU,

I too have been on the boards and off you will fall down the the true courage is finding a way too get up and kick the beast in the teeth one more time eventually hopefully it will get easier to kick, all the luck i am on day 2 myself did 6 mos before now just have to start all over no biggie odat and keep posting!!! By the way do whatever you have too to get through the first week or so as long is it is al free ya know!!!!
                    Good luck
                    Cheech66

Comment

Thanks Cheech, and Hi Again LTG...I had 7 years AF, loved the life, but the though of a glass of red wine with dinner was overwhelming...struggling now for 2 years

Comment

Hi Again LTG and thanks Cheech. I had 7 years, enjoyed the life, but the thought of a simple glass of red wine with dinner overwhelmed me. It was okay at first, but you know the story... I've been struggling now for 2 years... Gotta smash the illusion that I can handle it!

Comment

Ooops, sorry for the double post

Comment

What changes are you making to your plan, if any?
                            :l
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I had a difficult time with AA, from a small town in eastern Canada, and the gossiping frustrated me. But I gotta reconsider, may just choose a few meetings where I feel comfortable

Comment

Working...
                              X