Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie's Nest Tuesday, Jan 06

Good Morning Nestlings!

How are we doing today? I hope you are waking up (or have woken up) bright eyed and bushy tailed and without dreadful headaches and such. No headaches here, but I'm not sure about the rest! :H

For the first time, I've made it to day 4 AF. Whew. Many have said day 4 is a doozie. I will have to keep my guard up extra high. The last couple nights I've noticed more dreams than usual. Last night, several times over about starting a drink and then discarding it.

Tomorrow is the day I also quit smoking. Ugggh. I'm sure I'll be a delight to be around for the next little while :H

Well, better start the coffee IV and get myself armed for another day. You all have a wonderful Tuesday - best wishes for achieving your goal today!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Great job on day 4!
    Nice to see this thread again :h
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Good job on Day4 Sunshine. I am on Chantix and am giving up the smokes soon. We have at least one thread going for those who want to quit smoking if you care to check it out. Thank you for bringing the "newbies nest" back to life.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

hey sunshine. Well done for day 4!!!! Good to see the newbies nest thread again. So hello to all nestlings!!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Congrats on the day 4:goodjob: I know I have been writing this everyday but isn't so AWESOME not to be hungover!

Comment

Good morning LTG, Sea, Johnny! Everyone doing well?

Sea, I tried looking for that stop smoking thread yesterday - couldn't find it. I've also started Champix. If you come across it, would you post a link pullleeeze? I'm gonna need all the support I can get. I think not smoking is going to be even harder than not drinking!

Comment

LOL stop... it's quite alright, shout it out EVERY day! And, yes, IT IS!

Comment

haha. yeah. Isn't it great?!!! Life withoug a hangover. Living the dream baby. living the dream...
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Sunshine, I will find it for you, and Bump it up. I am more nervous about giving up the smokes than the AL too. I am also going to need all of the help I can get. Let's help each other.

Comment

Seacailin;511746 wrote: Sunshine, I will find it for you, and Bump it up. I am more nervous about giving up the smokes than the AL too. I am also going to need all of the help I can get. Let's help each other.
                    You got a deal, Sista!:agreed:

Comment

I just bumped it up for you Sunny. I always smile when I see your name. It makes me think happy thoughts. It is "December Health Update"
                      Hey, what part of FL are u in? I am coming down the end of February and hope to get a "meet up" together with my MWO friends from the area. I am heading to Sarasota, but we will meet somewhere neutral. I will keep you posted if you are interested.

Comment

I am starting a new thread for NF. I don't think it should be linked to just one member's health update. Agree or disagree?
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

what is NF? I have been trying to guess this one for ages with no luck.

Comment

Thanks Sea!!! Ummm, I'm not in FL.. wish I was!!!! Northern Ontario! :H

Yep, LTG - absolutely, go ahead and thank you!

Ezz, I don't know either what that means.. maybe we can just call it quit smoking?

Comment

NF = nicotine free.
                              We'll call it Smoke Free Lifesytle, okay?
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X