Sudden Craving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden Craving

Sometimes it is incredible how a craving can hit you out of nowhere. I am on Campral and aside from a fleeting craving here and there, I really haven't had any. Until this afternoon that is. I have been moving out of my apt. When I was driving down the road to go to the storage place, I saw my ex-fiancee pulling out of the street where I used to live. The anger and resentment came back. I'm loading up my storage unit when ... BAM! ... I want a beer. I deserved it. I worked so hard today BLAH BLAH BLAH. When I finished and got home, I grabbed my book and started reading. The craving passed, but jeez, it just came out of NOWHERE! I am proud to say that I am 6 days AF.

SK
    AF since 1/2009

Sudden Craving

Well done sk. I find that kudz really helps with the major cravings as well as the campral.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sudden Craving

yay, you did it!

i hate those blasted cravings...i remember hiking in the mountains with my boyfriend (now husband) and all i could think about for a good hour or more was how darn good a heineken would be. i missed so much being preoccupied and craving al...not to mention the day to day struggle of steering away from the liquor store!

good on you for doing something else, that is soooooo hard to do!

cheers with water!

5 days w/o AL

Comment

Sudden Craving

nasty,just think a person can bring that feeling on,think about it,positive thinking,it is your life,geico

Comment

Sudden Craving

WELL DONE. You did GREAT! Keep it up!

Comment

Sudden Craving

Fantastic...the cravings can send you in search of alcohol so easily cant they.

for me i have to be "on guard" and well planned int the evenings otherwise my old habits kick in.

I really have to plan the evening in military style..TV, Meal, Walk, Read Whatever.
            Early nights by 10.30 seem to work..wheni was drinking bed time was when the wine ran out!!

good Luck

Cassy

Comment

Sudden Craving

Well done skinned.

It's amazing when those cravings hit at times when you least expect it. I was reading a post yesterday describing someone's relationship with wine and out of nowhere, having done very well the craving came. I just closed my eyes and asked for strenght. I made it. It just comes out of nowhere.
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Sudden Craving

skinned---Well done!! You've found a trigger! Baby steps!
                :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Sudden Craving

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                  X