Day 4 Tired and VERY GRUMPY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All. I've just had another night of no sleep at all, eventually slept at 9 am and woke again at 2pm. I know I'm jetlagged, but its never as bad as this. The thing is though I would usually use red wine to 'knock me out'. I'm going to go and get some herbal sleeping pills, and cross my fingers. I'm also really really grumpy, and have a horrible break-out on my chest and neck. I'm eating 2 chocolate bars a day, which I've never done. I woke my poor husband up last night rustling a chocolate wrapper whilst eating it in bed! Anyhoo, none of this is major, just wanted to vent, and I want to put that 4th 0 in my tracker more than I want to drink.....
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Well done! You're doing GREAT! Feels good doesn't it!
    I don't think your husband will be upset with you eating chocolate, better then drinking right? I find that i need lots of sweets and fatty things when not drinking. The sleep thing does get better! Good luck and keep it up!

Comment

I also have been stuffing myself with chocolate and anything else food wise that I know is bad for me. Apart from jetlag you are probably suffering from the change in season. I was the same last week, a sleep deprived demon.

Comment

Go girl

The sleep thing is an issue for many on here. I,m on day 3 and slept beautifully last night thankfully.got up feeling bright and breezy this am ..a lovely feeling to have peace in your mind and no guilt or empty bottles.

Try taking a bubbly bath, before bed..the food thing is common too..i often eat choc in bed..better than a bottle of plonj though.

Add in a little exercise and it all should balance out hopefully.

Keep going though you are getting to where you want to be

Cassy

Comment

Well done Betty for the 4 days. Don't worry. These first couple of days are the hardest. You just gotta get theat drinking routine out of your body. Day 4 seems to be a make it or brake it day. I have often in the past gotten to 2 or 3 days but lapsed on the 4th. So well done for getting so far and keep it up.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hey Betty,
            I know what of you speak. I usually give in after 3 days, just to get some sleep - I seem to depend on wine as my sleep aid. But, I am on day 7 today for the first time in over 6 months, and I finally got a bit more sleep. Woke once about 3am and was so afraid I wouldn't fall asleep, then next thing, my alarm went off at 7:40. I thought there was some mistake. So really, keep with it - things WILL improve!
            Peanut

Comment

Betty,

Yes, sleep will come.

I find Melatonin helps me. 6 mg at night.

I have also started taking my Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement at night with the Melatonin.

I have been sleeping great.

Hang in there.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sweaty Betty, I just love that name. Sleep was a big issue for me as well. Wine was my primary sleep aid. I have heard a hot bath does help as your body cools down it gets tired. I tried alot of things at first as the others have stated but ultimately I was on Ambien for awhile. I am not pushing meds as the Ambien did become a crutch and I did have to ween myself off of it in the long run. But, at that point I was of alcohol a few months and the traditional sleep methods started to work better. Once you are off alcohol for awhile I found my mind is clearer and sleep comes easier. Wishing you sweet dreams.

Comment

Ooops. I did forget to mention that my doctor gave me a script for Trazadone for those nights when sleep just will not come.

It is less "addictive" than Ambien or Lunesta and approved by rehab clinics for alcoholics.

It does work BUT I do wake up fuzzy headed when I do take it.

It is a great aid for occasional use, though.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thank you all for uour support. I have some Valerian to try tonight, if not I'm at the docs tomorrow and will talk to her about some meds. Good Night!
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Cinders;512733 wrote: Betty,

Yes, sleep will come.

I find Melatonin helps me. 6 mg at night.

I have also started taking my Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement at night with the Melatonin.

I have been sleeping great.

Hang in there.

Cindi
                      I use the same and wake up with a clear head
                      :l
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X