Having trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble.

SO i'm having lots of trouble being AF. I've drunk very little UNTIL yesterday. I work with my mum and her house is PACKED to the BRIM with wine, cases of the stuff, all over the place and i cracked. I'm sooo tired of cracking. You know, i'd like a week off work, no money, nothing so i'd be stuck in the house FAR away from drink so i could get a few days AF to start me off. Sounds silly i know. I know she's going to question me about the wine today =( so i guess it's back to the start.
    Why is it so damn hard to fight yourself? Just to say NO! It's crazy! ANYWAY, i'll stop my moaning and get my ass in gear. I hope to make 7 days, starting today.
    HAVE A GREAT SOBER DAY!!

Having trouble.

Hey Michelle. Don't beat yourself up. Well done for taking the decision to start over again. You are on the right way. I understand how difficult it is being sorrounded by AL and having to resist all the time. Is your mother aware of your problem? Wouldn't she consider locking the AL away to make it easier for you?

hugs.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Having trouble.

LM, until you have some strategies over and above arguing with yourself in your mind... then this will continue to be very, very difficult! In some cases, situations that are just too dangerous have to be completely avoided; in other cases, you can work around them by not allowing yourself to dwell on the internal arguments; by asking others to help (as johnny suggested); by ramping up your anti-craving methods (eating, exercise, supplements, meditation, etc.). What will be YOUR plan for this situation?

Comment

Having trouble.

Hi LM, the key is, don't quit quitting...you will be successful. Maybe if you had chat with your Mom (maybe you did that). As for me, I'm just on day 2, had some lengthly AF days before.... But keep at it...A glass of coke, a chocolate bar, whatever

Comment

Having trouble.

Dear Lil Michelle, If you notice, my name is Overit 2007. Meaning I joined MWO in 2007 and it took me trying...failing...trying....failing...trying ect. It seems that I have finally made a break through in 2009! What I am trying to tell you is, Just keep trying!!!! You may fail, but try try again, until you get to the place you want to be. Just dont ever give up. You will get there.
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Having trouble.

I can tell you're not going to give up, Michelle. I hope your Mom gets that out of the house. Does it NEED to be there?

Take care,
            Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Having trouble.

WELL, yesterday i was Good. I didn't cave. Although i took a bottle home. I poured it out and half way through my first small glass i was like, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! so i poured it away with the bottle and went to bed sober. What a great feeling. Shame about the half a glass but oh well!
              Hubby is working late tonight so i'm exicted to show him how sober i am when he gets home =) It'll be a proud moment!

Comment

Having trouble.

try holding on to the feelings you will get when Hubby realises you havent drunk anything, it can be your weapon against cravings
                *Witchy*
                Progress, not perfection!!!
                A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Having trouble.

Hey Michelle.

Well done for being strong last night. We can beat this together!! One day at a time
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Having trouble.

hi Lil,m,we all struggle,that's why were here to listen to others,and find out were not alone,my dear as i said to someone earlier even in long term sobriety,you'll have struggles,as ive hurd for so many years,it only takes one,and were off to the races,i do wish you well,gyco

Comment

Having trouble.

Good for you, Michelle!
                      Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                      X