So Dissapointed with Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vowed not to drink this week. I had 2 on sunday and stopped. I went all day yesterday and Monday and then at night chugged down 2 vodka drinks. Why can't I stop?
    I am angry that I am like this. My kids are noticing how much I drink. I am just so angry. How can i channel that to get thru a day without alcohol? How do I stop the urge?
    Please help

Blanchieboo Hello, Thats a tough one but not impossible. Busy, busy, busy. Mind and body. Pick something no matter how trivial and try that first. Say meditate, listen to music, play a game with the kids. It truely is a moment at a time.

Comment

I went through many starts and stops until I finally had enough; for real this time.

You seriously have to take it one day at a time. Even one hour at a time. I have found that a big glass of cold water helps a lot. Or even eating something takes the urge away completely.

I also think that when we are so disappointed in ourselves and have that failure feeling, we drink. We give up to a certain extent.

Be extra kind to yourself. Change your routine. Eat small and frequent meals to keep your blood sugar stable. Treat yourself to a hot bubble bath, a good book, a movie, whatever.

This isn't something that happens over night for most. It takes a lot of time and effort to find what works for you.

Hugs to you. Keep trying.

Comment

I am only on Day 6 and by no way hero; I had to realize the problem. I never thought it was a problem just a way to go out and have fun. At some point it wasn't fun anymore and was starting to take a toll on my life and me. My world was going to change drastically if I didn't stop. Now it will change also, but for the better.

Comment

You are right. I feel like I am giving up on myself. I am going to try to hit the treadmill today. Even if it is a real slow jog. I hope it will help.
          I feel like everyone is scrutinizing me. Even people that I dont know. I feel like everyone in the world knows how messed up I am. I need to get rid of this feeling. I just want to be ok.

Comment

I felt like that too. Even though the people in my life were scrutinizing me. It didn't give me much incentive to quit then.

I had to really start to like myself first and ignore the negativity to get started. (I think that was the hardest part - to convince that I am worthy of a healthy life) I stayed away from the negative people who said I would die drinking. This actually gave me the motivation to quit. Kind of like a FU kind of attitude.

It hasn't been easy. I have had WAY more AF time since December 2006 than I ever have, except for pregnancies.

You will be OK. We have funny mindsets and think everyone can see right through us and KNOW that we have a problem with alcohol. That isn't true. That is our own guilt talking.

You are a good person, deserve to be well, and will be well. Keep that head up high and work on yourself.

There is no perfection here. Every day is progress. Even if you are still drinking. You are here wanting to change and that is a huge step!

Exercise is great as well. Even just a little. Our bodies appreciate it and it helps it detox faster. It also gets our endorphins going again... which lifts the mood.

Comment

Hi Blanchie! Do you want to chat for a few minutes?
              :l
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
              X