i had a talk with my 10 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sooo much peacenik & lil.michelle, It's heartwarming knowing that I'm not going to be slaughtered to pieces for my behaviour.............although I deserve to be!!! I've tried the supps but they've not done anything at all for me? Seriously they havent! I desperately want to get my life back but don't know which way to turn after trying and failing the supps!?? Please help?
    Three F's . . .

Family ~ Fun ~ Future

I want them back in my life

Comment

WIP, I no longer have a plan. I've tried all the supps but they haven't worked for me! So where can I go from here?
      Three F's . . .

Family ~ Fun ~ Future

Comment

Thanks ever so much for your comforting words Johnnyh...............very much appreciated and I've taken it on board! I have nights when I can't abide the thought of getting 'through my quota' but still have to do it anyway even though I can't abide the taste! Ok, admittedly, sometimes I do quite enjoy it, but a lot of the times I don't so I can't understand why I feel the need to go through with it!? Sometimes I feel very sick at the very thought of drink and force myself to get to the bottom of the bottle..................and don't enjoy it at all!! I can't understand where I'm coming from!? My heart is sinking as I don't know which way to turn to for the best????????
        Three F's . . .

Family ~ Fun ~ Future

Comment

Hey Three. That's exactly how all of us feel. Isn't it?!! We know what you are going through. Try (and I know how hard it is) to give yourself a couple of days AF. You'll start seeing a difference. it's an uphill struggle but worth the effort. Keep posting!!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I know how you all feel cos this is me. I am sure if I had not had children I would have continued on the road of debauchery and died of either a drink or drug overdose. Not in a sad heap, but through choice. Purely and simply cos I did not LOVE. Yep, I loved my dogs and animals, but in no way like I love my sons. I have put my children through such anxieties with my drinking and it is such a realisation when you realise what you are doing to yourself and more importantly to them. They are my motivation and I know we can all do it......

Comment

Peacenik - Wonderful for you. I'm in the same boat as most of us here. I've let my son down time after time, missing his sport's activities, having him see me in the worst shape after drinking and it's worse than getting a DUI. I never want to let him down like that again. He knows my problem, and he'll say, "Mom, you were drunk last night, I can tell how you talk and your eyes." Then he's not himself and lays around. Usually, he's running around the house acting like a lunatic (which is what I love). It's the worst feeling in the world to know you've let your child down. I'm the main reason I have quit drinking, but my son is also the most important reason as well. I want to do it for me and for him. And I regret that past several years, but like one of you said above, let's look to the future and not waste anymore time with AL. Let's disown the bottle and get back our children. Another thing - yes, that creates so much anxiety in them. This past summer, he didn't want my husband to go out with his friends because he was afraid to spend the night with me alone. That is THE worst.

Three F's - how about trying the medication topo?
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

you folks are so young,i use to talk to my children to,many years ago,ive said it b4 we live in a society that accepts what you do,until you go to far,i remember talking with my kids,one day,but using and abusing the next,why is dad like that,they would say,or even my wife,the same,i dont understand him,what i have i inherited,passed down from generation to generation,im very fortunate to understand what i have i can control it,as you said,just say no,i do wish you well,but she or he wont stop you,you have to do it for,YOU gyco

Comment

Working...
                X