Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT friday

Morning all!!!

Meeting with the boss didn't go to bad after all . For a minute I thought he was retrenching me.

Feeling better this morning and will spent some time outdoors this weekend to lift up the spirits. Hope you are all doing well today. BE, I hope you are alright. I just read through ODAT thursday and saw that you had some worrying news.

Have a great AF day everyone and chat later.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

ODAT friday

Hi guys

I am doing great, hopefully it will stay that way. I hurt my foot today at the gym, I am hoping that it heals fast because my biggest motivation for not drinking on Saturday is catching up with friends Sunday morning in the gym doing weights and yapping. Got a potential buyer for my car, I am trying to think of a non AL way to reward myself if it sells.

I hope everyone is in great spirits today, especially BE.

Comment

ODAT friday

Hey Ezz. Sounds like you are doing great. sorry for your foot. Hope it's not to bad and just a bruize?! You can do it. Another day in the bag. I'm sure you'll manage Sat and SUn.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT friday

Hi everyone

I congratulated you Johnny on another thread but well done again. Try some arnica cream Ezz on the bruise, it is meant to help.

I too hope BE is ok. Let us know how you are doing. Another busy day for me. Getting hair done this morning and then some shopping. My hubby is 50 this Sunday and I am throwing a party for him the following week-end. I will be so busy cooking and looking after everyone, I dont intend to let Al near me.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT friday

Hey. good luck for that rustop. Stay strong. I know even if I keep myself busy at these events, the craving creeps in at times!!! So all the best for that.
          I'm taking my wife out dancing tonight so will have to overcome similar challenges in the club. And my wife likes her drink when she's out. Lot's of Red Bull will do the trick again I hope!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT friday

Hello daters you all sound well thats great...... JACK RABBITT had to say it!!!!!:H best love and wishes to all
            Love cap

Comment

ODAT friday

Happy ODAT Friday everyone, ezz I hope your foot feels better soak it in some Epsom salt. Johnny glad your meeting went well, have fun this weekend, I think I willgo for a hike tomorrow. Rustop good luck with your party, I am sure it will be great! I am glad it is Friday, get to sleep in tomorrow.

Have a good one,
              Twosox

Comment

ODAT friday

Good Morning all... I have made it to day 5.... Although it is morning here.. I plan to go AF today... Thanks for all the help this week.. Have a great day everyone.....

Tee

Comment

ODAT friday

Hey THD. Very well done. Seems like the days are starging to go very fast for you. Can't believe it's day 5 already. Well done for your hard work. Have the greates of weekends.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT friday

Cheers all my beloved fellow Odaters. Have a great fantastic weekend.!! I'm picking up Mom in Law on the way home ! (over for the weekend). So should be interesting!! At least she's babysitting tonight so getting some time to spent with wifey.

Have a great one!!
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT friday

HI guys,

Well, ended up having wine last night. Had a really crappy day and just didn't make it through. Oh well, whatever. But today will be AF for sure. Daughter has a hockey game tonight and I intend to go home to sleep and read after.

Have a great Friday everone.
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

ODAT friday

HI all!

Sounds like all are doing well (but I think I missed something about Be?)...

Day 6. I Know I'll make it to my goal of 7 days. Trying to just concentrate on that for now.

I'm off to gym on this glorious clear sunny COOL day in Florida!! Current temp is 56 but will get up to 75. HEY, don't hate me coz I have great weather!!! :H

Seriously, after some 15 yrs. here, I don't think I could survive in that ccccold weather...
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT friday

Good Day all ODATer's ----- Johnny, I too congratulated you on the other thread, but you deserve to hear it again .... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 30 DAYS!

Ezz --- I too hope you foot heals quickly. Go to the gym on Sunday anyways and do what you can (arm work).

BE --- let us know how you're doing.

Well guys, I have to admit .... I made my first goal of 7 days AF, but last night on the 8th day, I caved in. Even got through the dinner hour, but the nagging wouldn't go away. So I had wine --- yes, the bottle, but I'm feeling fine today ... I didn't drink myself silly, or get into the Scotch at the end of the evening. It's done, it's over and I will be AF today. I'm not going to be sad or angry at myself, because I still have that 7 day achievement that I've never done before.

So, I'll just carry on from here.

Comment

ODAT friday

Good for you NewDay.... good attitude.. and great job on the 7 days!

Johnnyh, Rusty, TwoSox, savon - you guys are doing so well! Savvy, you'll get to your 7 days TOMORROW!!! Yay!

Uni-luv... today is another day - just hop back on.
                            Ezz... hope that foot is getting better - what did you do, exactly?
                            Be... hope you're alright - everybody would love to hear from you today.

I'm what? On day two again? LOL
                            I will NOT drink today and I will NOT smoke today. But I WILL get my behind in gear now and get some stuff done! :H

TGIF ODATers!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT friday

Hi ODATimers

I haven't posted for many months but just dropped by to say thank you to ODAT and MWO. I have been sober for about six months after years of trying to get away from AL. I had been through AA, counselors, psychiatrists, antabuse, etc. I finally wrestled it to the ground this time with the help of MWO and more specifically the ODAT thread. I do recognize some old friends, Universal and Rusttop. I will try to come by more often. You all have a special place in my heart.

For those who are struggling I wish you luck and God speed. Thanks, Matt
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X