New and Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Day 6

I posted on another thread but I thought I would create a thread as it may help someone relate down the line and maybe me.

Over the last 20 years the only AF times i have had were when I was in the military in Saudi Arabia so I can count on one hand the times I can remember being AF more than a week but each time I remember feeling amazing. I remember feeling like I was in a whole new and wonderful world.

But alas, eventually I start drinking in moderation and soon to excess. This time I really want it...for my health and to start enjoying things in a different way. I just looked at what I do when drinking and realized that many times I wouldn't be having any fun at all if I wasn't drinking. That seems silly.

Usually 4 days I start feeling better but this one has been packed with anxiety and irritability-- but it is getting better. Hopefully the magical day 7 will be good and a good nights sleep! The orange juice seems to help too...and I will win the stare-down contest with the two beers in the fridge!!

New and Day 6

Hi Hoosierdaddy!

Glad to have you aboard. We all have our challenges, we fall, we get up, we support, we share. Day 6 is AWESOME!!!!!! Good for you.

Look forward to getting to know you better. Welcome!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

New and Day 6

Thanks

I decided this might be easier if I relate to people who are also trying....just not into meetings and most of the alcohalics I know still like drinking.

The odd part is I don't miss how it makes me feel except alot of the things I like to do while drinking aren't near as much fun. Thank God I had quit drinking when I played golf a few years back -- that would suck to have that be boring. But shooting pool, hanging out watching bands, the crack box, horseshoes, and even MNF seems to have lost some luster.

At least now I can look forward to waking up and feeling a little bit better each day and soon I'll be counting weeks. I wonder what vacations are like sober? Maybe I can actuallyget to see a couple of sunrises!!

Comment

New and Day 6

Hello and Welcome. This site was generated my our founder RJewell, you can download her book, take her advice, take the supplements, etc.

We also have a toolbox for newcomers which is a great help. I wish you well.:welcome:
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

New and Day 6

Hi and Welcome.

Everything probably seems so boring because you are not feeling the best at the moment. I am on day 13 and life is looking better everyday. It took me till the second week to start to feel really great this time around. I got to see my first sunset in years the other night, usually I was too busy drinking to head to the beach. It was amazing.

Comment

New and Day 6

One week now

and I got my first really good work-out in after getting to sleep-in. Fighting the old, "play-offs are on so it must be time to go to the bar and drink". Gonna take the wife to get Sushi and do some shopping. Keeps me sober and her happy ......win/win

Comment

New and Day 6

Hey Daddy!!! There are a few of us fighting the old "the playoffs are on!!!" UGH!!! I'm not ready for football without beer! So! I'll watch the highlights on ESPN and read about the games in the paper!!! I did wear a ball jersey today!:H

Good luck to you! Congrats on coming this far!!!
              :goodjob:

Comment

New and Day 6

Hello and Welcome HD
                Congrats on 6 days. You are on your way. You have already been given great advice. I read the book, use the supps, the CD's, and most importantly this forum. I also go into Live Chat now and then. The folks there have saved my butt more than once. Unfortunately, My beloved New England Patriots did not make the playoffs. Sure does help keep away the beer urge. Best wishes. Keep up the Good work.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                X