So Sad - I screwed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Sad - I screwed up

CS, that's a good idea. Also, if I have leftover wine after company comes over, I put some salt in it and then keep it in the fridge to use for cooking... I would have definitely melted frozen wine and drunk it, when I was determined to get some alcohol in me... but not salty wine.

Comment

So Sad - I screwed up

CS, that was too funny, I can imagine myslelf with frostbite on my tongue and sheer determination to enjoy the ice cube!

Seriously, we all of us are in the same boat and here to help, no rights or wrongs. I couldnt get on here yesterday so didnt see this thread til today, check out my thread on newbies nest, im feeling in the same boat,

luck and strength to everyone,

Neuro
      Live your life in such a way that
      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

So Sad - I screwed up

Time2live, like you, my nights were spent drinking. For a long time no one knew that I had a problem. I was also constantly making excuses for myself.
        I have had a stop-start journey towards sobriety. Last year I managed about two days in three, my record is 23 days. I keep falling, but I am more and more determined to get up.
        Thing is, now that I have tasted it, I am enjoying sobriety more and more.
        You might very well fall a few times, but just keep going.

Comment

So Sad - I screwed up

No one knows I have a problem either, although maybe they suspect. I am determined to do this but am so hung up on being afraid I can't go alcohol free forever. I'm already worried about a vacation in February and also a week event in June for pete's sake and how I'm going to get through them. I understand the ODAT concept and I guess that is what I have to focus on. It makes so much sense but that isn't really what I did last time. Last time I just sort of felt I wouldn't drink at all. For 6 days and then I crashed and it was so easy to crash.

I am definitely going to do this. I'm still working myself up to it psychologically though. I envy people who fall and are able to get right back on the horse. I get deterred and don't have my head into it. I need to think about it every day and choose my day and then do it. Somebody here said that it isn't the pills, etc., it's really what's in your head. I do believe that in my case.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X