Frustrated in AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated in AK

Well, here I am again. I thought I was strong enough to just "moderate" my drinking. UM...NO DICE! I know in my heart that my health and well being will require me to be AF, but I'm having a really hard time dealing with "losing my crutch". And I also know now that no one can peer pressure me into drinking that I do that all on my own. I need some help folks . I want to kick this thing once and for all. Maybe some of you can tell me what you did or what worked/didn't work. At this point I dont know if I need to be in a regular program or taking meds..... I just dunno.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Frustrated in AK

Hiya Red, yes, I came to that conclusion that I simply cannot moderate...and yes, it was a bit like a bereavement.
    So, I hit rock bottom and got alcohol poisoning, was so ill and had been depressed for a long time. I just had to either stop or throw in the towel, not much choice really.
    I read the book, got some supplements and came here night and day for support. It works, I am no longer depressed and I have been sober for 6 months.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Frustrated in AK

you are doing it .. just keep yourself busy and read, changes things around.. do what ever it take to get where you want to be and dont give in to al .. are there any AA MEETING YOU can go to .. just do your best .. stay strong and think positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Frustrated in AK

Hey hun
        Most people with a 'drinking problem' find that as much as they want to, they just CAN'T mod. That includes me.
        To be honest with you the main thing you need is pure will power. There are some supplements that can help, L Glut which you just stick under your tongue and kuduz. Water with lemon in it is also really good, when you get a craving drink plenty of water and brush your teeth (crazy i know) Dare i say it... exercise... REALLY helps. Keep busy and GRIT those teeth. Staying away from anywhere that sells drink and getting rid of drink in your house is ALSO a huge must!

Comment

Frustrated in AK

under the tongue

ive been swallowing l glut i didnt know you could do that with it lol and staying away from anywhere that sells alcohol well thats a hard one for me as i work in a store that sells it all anyway if i can walk out of my work place everyday without buying it and god its soooooooooo hard (by the way im on day 6 af ) and i am a bad wine drinker have been for 10yrs i hope others will be able to resist going in one as the song says " walk on by " but i really do know that the supps are playing a big part in not giving in to my temptation at the moment so i really know that they do help
          take care all

Comment

Working...
          X