Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Sunday

Hey - you guys must be sleepin' in!

How's everyone doing? I finished Day 7 yesterday - perhaps I should rephrase: ONE WEEK AF.

Yes, I'm happy about that. But I know the risk of over-confidence! I know that I'm not "in the clear" by a long shot. I know that I simply can't buy it, have it in my house. Not now, maybe not ever?

I have to admit that I'm feeling better. Definitely am out of the horrible funk that I was in a week ago... when I got falling down (literally!) drunk.

Now I notice how there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I need and want to do! And that's something that should be said for those of you thinking: what the heck will I do if I don't drink? OK, maybe the first day or so, you'll feel at loose ends, like the day will never end...

BUT that changes! I certainly hope I understand these positives... I'm feeling inspired and strong - yet weak & wobbly at the same time!

It's SO easy to fall back into the pattern of drinking. I have to keep telling myself that - no matter how "strong" I feel... "just one" doesn't seem to be an option for me. Not now. It scares me, I admit, to think "not ever"!!!??

Best to take it ODAT!

And I hope all of you have a great Sunday! :l
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Sunday

Sounds just like me...

and I NEED TO GET STARTED AGAIN!

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hi Savon

Congrats on Day 7. I know what you mean about not enough hours. Just back home, put the kids to bed, and I still have to do so much before I hit bed. I have completed day 14. My days are now upside down, before on a Sunday I would take the kids out early, me with an hangover, and do something. Get home in the afternoon and have a drink. Now I am going to the gym in the morning, something I have been saying I will do for months, and this evening I took the kids to the beach to watch the sunset. Seeing so many people at the beach, in the water, having picnics makes me realise how much I was missing out on. Passed 2 boozestops on the way home, didn't even get pulled in to test but it looked like some people failed. Day 14 certainly has been easier for me than day 7.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Savon - ditto on day 7, doesn't it feel good? I know I'm scared about how easy it would be...just one drink, but that's not an option for me cause I would not stop there. I don't keep AL in the house either, so there is really not a choice. I am working on day 11 today! ODAT...

Ezz - congrats on Day 14 - that is TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! woohoo! I wish I lived near the beach, I love the coast and grew up close (w/i 30 minutes) to the beach, how wonderful it would be just to be able to go down and watch a sunrise or set...must be beautiful.

Hope everybody has a fabulous Sunday!!

Cat
        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
        -Alan Cohen

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

SAVVY!!!! I'M SO PROUD!!!

:l:goodjob::wd::cheering:

Everybody have a great day to finish off the weekend!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

savon19;516546 wrote: I certainly hope I understand these positives... I'm feeling inspired and strong - yet weak & wobbly at the same time! :l
            This is EXACTLY how I feel. So good to know that I am not alone....

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Good Day all ODATers
              SAVVY, I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF YOU!!!! I know how hard this has been for you. I was just out playing in the snow with my dog. She loves it so much. I share custody of my dog with my Ex because the A--hole condo board here won't let her live here. I never would have driven an hour each way to pick her up last night if I have been drinking, and I certainly would not have been out playing in the snow with her at 8am. Oh, the joys of sobriety. Where the heck has Dingbat been. Sending out the search party. I am on Day 6 of the Chantix. Tomorrow is last smoking day. I am very nervous, but like anything else: One Day at a Time, right?
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Morning ODATERs!

Everyone is sounding so positive today! I love it!

Savvy - you rock lady.......I have done 7 days a couple of times - even got to double digits a couple of times. Working on 7 again right now actually. I know how good it feels - you are so close to double digits, keep it moving!

I have a sick little girl at home - actually about to look up some internet info to see if I am ovverreacting or if I should take her in. She has been fevered for 24 hours (up to 106 at one point - it broke through the night completely, and now its back to 103.) and she is complaining of a bad headache. No stiffness or anything else, she is just exhausted and lazing on the couch but also won't eat - in 24 hours has had maybe 1 full cup of soup. She's only 8 so I'm starting to get a little worried.....no walk in clinic here either so I would have to actually take her to emerg (and I hate having to do that). I guess I'll figure out what to do. Hate sick kids.....

Other than that, just having a coffee and enjoying a nice snowy morning here in Canada. I love Lazy sundays!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

As much as I Love all the accolades.. golly - it makes me Nervous! What if I have to come back on with my tail between my legs?? Ohhhh, the shame!

Cat - we're both "Weekers" - woo hooo.

And, I said on another thread, but it bears repeating: EZZ is BEZZT. Ok, weak attempt!

Sea - great luck on the quitting smoking. I'm Trying to get myself to the point of... trying. Hmmm, trying to try? I've been smoking too much!

Uni - I Like the idea of "double digits" --- I was thinking more in terms of 14 days, but 10 sounds like a better goal. Don't want to get ahead of myself. Uni, 106 fever sounds very dangerous. Is ER far from you? Or can you at least call her doctor?

It IS wonderful to hear you all saying how good you're feeling, how much fun you're having as a result of being AF!!

I'm PROUD of you ALL!!
                  Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Uni, I am a RN, and I would take her to the ER, fever has not come down much. I do not mean to alarm you, but I think that she should be seen. Does she have a primary care physian? There is always a doctor on call who can advise you. Not sure about Canada, but that is how it is in the states. The doctor could recommend if she should be seen right away or in the office tomorrow. Best wishes. She will be better soon. Let me know if I can be of help.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Called the doctor, her fever is down to 102 so I just have to monitor it. Trying to get her to drink some liquids, hopefully will get some soup into her soon. I think today she will just be lying on the couch watching movies all day pretty much. which is okay with me but I will have to see if I can get a friend to come by to watch her for a bit so I can run to the store.....

If it goes back up I will be taking her into the ER - 102 is manageable - 106? not so much......

thanks savvy
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hi Sea.........cross posted.......

They recomended monitoring it - she did go down to normal 98.6 overnight for a couple of hours and then spiked again this morning - what do you think? I just got her to take 2 tylenol and drink a bit so I'm thinking I'll check her temperature in 45 minutes? If it isn't down then maybe take her in? I know that 102 is high but not overly dangerous - what do you think?

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

You are doing the right thing. As long as the temp doesn't go up again, you can wait to have her seen until tomorrow.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Thanks Sea - appreciate your help.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Phew, reading this got me nervous, uni! I'm so glad sea was here to help.

Congrats, savvy on the 7 days! I've been watching you, buddy, and am so damn proud of you!

Come on the wagon, boozefree, even for a day. It feels good.

ezzy, what can I say, day 14! That's huge, especially walking by and not even being tempted. Freedom is a wonderful thing, right?

cat, day 11, congrats!

Hey greenie!

stop, one thing I can say for sure...you are definintely NOT alone!

Good luck with the Chantix, sea. I'm not a smoker but have been addicted to probably everything else under the sun at one point in my life. Lucked out with that one I guess.

Foot ball day here. HB's out trying to do his snow removal jobs before the games start. I'm making a nice venison stew.

Take care, love,
                              Be
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X