Something I Want To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I Want To Do

Well, I never thought I would be posting on a web page of this sort, however something led me hear, so here goes! My wife whom I love to the ends of the earth has been AF for two years now. I am very proud of her! It took much courage and determination on her part. I have come to a decision in my life, and one that I have had many conversations with myself about. I want to stop drinking. I do not drink to access, however I stop and have a few beers knowning that alcohol does not agree with me. I have tried to stop on precious occassions, however for some reason as of today, my second AF day, I feel more committed than ever. My wife told me a few nights ago that she really thought that I would leave her after her bout. It really scared me! I do not want my wife ever to be in that situation again, nor do I want to take the chance. We both have too much to lose! I just wanted to tell you my story and why I have taken the opportunity to stop drinking. I really do not need it. I need my wife as she needs me. Much more soothing than something out of a bottle.

Fran X.:new:

Something I Want To Do

welcome!

Comment

Something I Want To Do

Welcome FX,
      I too have been struggling with relationship problems with my spouse because of alcohol (AL). I have resolved to be AF and this is my 17th day coming to an end. We were really getting seriously damaged, to the point he is divorcing me, but we are going to stave off the divorce so I have it hanging over my head, but that's ok with me, I do not want to drink. But who knows, maybe after I do not drink, I may find I can not stay in this marriage. Anyway doesn't sound like you are so far gone yet, there is so much help and support here, read and don't drink. :welcome:

Comment

Something I Want To Do

:welcome:

You are right there are so many more important things than what comes in bottle !

I wish you the best success!!

kit
        AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
        Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Something I Want To Do

FX - I found what you wrote to be very Romantic! If I were your wife, I'd be Very proud of you!!

Good luck - sounds like you have a lot of blessings, both now and in the Future...
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
          X