Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Getting through today was definately tuff, however, it's in the bag!! Waiting for the l-glut to get here....trying to be patient. The cravings SUCK! I cleaned the house ALOT today trying to keep busy. lol This morning was the worst though. my hubby usually makes a spicy breakfast. That's when I would start the day with beers for breakfast. (R.I.P. beer) lol Finally being sober is so long overdue for me and he is being so supportive.

The two constant things that I've noticed are 1.) gnarly cravings that don't go away and 2) I have extra anxiety and it feels like someone is standing on my chest. Have any of you experienced this sensation?

Anyway, :thanks: to you all for listening! I couldn't do this without the support I get here. I can only do this one day at a time...

Red
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Keep it up Red. Well done.

Number one: as far as the cravings go, keep well hydrated and eat enough not to get hungry. Your body doesn't yet know the difference between normal thirst, hunger or al.

As far as the anxiety goes, it may very well be related to withdrawals. Is there a doctor you could go to for some meds to help you though the first few days?

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Red, huge congrats on getting started on the road to health!

oh yes, anxiety, chest pains/weird feelings will come and go for a while. so will crappy sleep but the good new is that it gradually goes away as your real self comes back to life
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Great going on day 2 Red.
        Yes as veritas says, keep up the hydration and food to keep your energy levels as stable as possible.
        I had pretty severe anxiety to start..I just had to go with it because I didnt want to ask my doctor for meds...I took gaba and true calm which seem to help..
        Keep going it gets better
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Thanks everyone!

Yep, it pretty much all applies to my situation right now. I cant sleep and if I do I'm very restless (but I didnt get to bed until 1 am). Mostly, I feel pretty tense and have alot of anxiety and many cravings. Oh, and I am having the hardest time concentrating right now. So, I'm just trying to stay focussed and keep busy. My meds should be here soon. Day 3 ~ here I come!!

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Hi Red big congratulations to you, well done! Lots of people find drinking lemon water helps with alcohol cravings. Lots of good and helpful suggestions to deal with cravings in the Tool Box thread. You are a rock star you are doing great!
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Red, try to get some extra magnesium supplements if you can. I'd take 350mg per day when detoxing. it will help with your nerves. Nuts and peanut butter are also high in mag.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

:goodjob: so far Red. I used Calms forte for the anxiety. Magnesium is also a good idea. Definitely check out the Toolbox thread. Read and post lots. Welcome!
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Good for you Red! You will get thru this. Lean on your husband. It helps me to talk out the anxiety with mine. He, too, is very supportive.
                  You can do this. Your life will be so much richer in so many ways!

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Yes the anxiety

I am in day 9 and the anxiety seems to come and go -- I wake up fine but by the end of the day I have usually some anxiety -- exactly the feeling of someone standing on my chest. Breathing from the diaphragm seems to help and I will try the magnesium suggested by some. Does anyone know when the anxiety subsides with alcohal withdraw?

BTW -- first time posting during work day but I needed some inspiration from others who are going through it.

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Ugh!! my stomach is hurting...

But thanks for the support gang!

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Nice going, Red! I'm with you... day two in a row (and rhyming)!
                        Let's keep going, shall we?
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Ok guys....Day 3 just sucks!! Maybe i'm so tense and anxious because I'm home alone. I dunno. So, sorry folks but you may hear from me ALOT today. lol

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Keep it up red:goodjob: Try taking a walk and breathing exercises help alot, read, nap anything to keep your mind of A.
                            It gets better, I am on day 8 and I felt axiety from time to time, now I am actually feeling better everyday. Dont quit, it gets easier.
                            "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Day 2 ~ woo hoo!

Det, thanks for the reminder about the magnesium and p.butter /nuts. I remember reading that almonds are one of the nuts with the highest levels of mag.

Comment

Working...
                              X