Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday

Hi fellow Odaters!!!

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend and managed to cling another victory over the beast. Me personally had a fantastic one and feel a lot more energetic and healthy than last week!! Spent a lot of time outdoors.

Boss is back in office full time this week and we are incredibly busy. So not sure I'll manage to spent a lot of time here. So have a great weak everyone!!!

cheers!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

ODAT Monday

Hi Johnny and all our ODAT'ers.

I survived the weekend with no problems. I have been finding it very easy so far, but I did read someplace that week 3 is difficult. I have worked out that in the last 28 days I have been drunk 2 times, and I am now on day 15 AF. I am so happy and loving life. I am more interested in everything and more relaxed. What is really keeping me going is knowing how hard it was to shake that hangover after those 2 times I drunk at Christmas. Day 15 and really happy.

Comment

ODAT Monday

'Morning, Johnny & Ezz and all to come!

Day 9 here (but who's counting? lol)... Thoughts of AL are becoming less frequent and (maybe?) less strong. I know all it takes is ONE weak moment, though, so I'm watching my back!!

Since I'm so close to 2 weeks/14 days - that's my new goal! In the spirit of ODAT, I personally like "small" goals. It really starts off as doing Just one day... I know I wouldn't have made it had I started with: "I'll do 30 days!" I know some are successful doing it that way, though...

I like goals I can actually see just beyond my nose!!

I've noticed that many people here use hangovers as a reminder of why not to drink... Thing is, I was such an "accomplished" drinker that I RARELY had a hangover! (Start early, stop early is the Key! Which I could do since unemployed...)

So I have to use other negatives about drinking: Drunk-dialing (omg!), sometimes Falling, and being stupid in general! :H Actually, that's really not funny!

That's my kick-start - but then I find it better to start focussing on the Positives of being sober! I love hearing others talk about how they enjoyed being w/their kids, outdoors or whatever so much because they were Sober!

My positives are that I'm getting more done with less effort, feeling like my thoughts are less jumbled, and feeling more optimistic, in general. I actually feel like I've been coming out of a depression this last week!

Now... I wonder if I'll ever get my memory back!! When I hear people remember details of a movie they'd seen 5 years or more ago, I'm in AWE. Sometimes, I hardly remember if I've even SEEN the movie!!

QUESTION: For those of you who have quit for long periods of time, have you noticed your memory coming back? And, if so, when did you start noticing it?

G'day ALL ODATers!!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good Monday morning!

Starting Day three today, and made it through the weekend of Day one and two. Had the family meeting last night about committing my mother, and that was very difficult. We had to list/record any communications we had, and reliving that is awful! but after everyone left I made a big glass of lemon water and put it in a "fancy" glass. Also worked out a bit.

Today I woke up feeling HUNGOVER, but I don't know why. My head is stuffy, my eyes are puffy--looks like a "morning after" for some reason. Maybe something I ate?

Anyway, I ordered the Kudzu even if it is a capsule and I am really hoping I get stronger every day.

Everyone have a GREAT and sober and happy day!

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi Ezz and Savon.

Ezz, I am really blown away. You did it. You were so nervous about the weekend and it looks like it was a ride in the park! Well, well done. I am so happy!!!

Savon, well done as well.

Intersting question about the memory thing. Would be great to have some answers!!

I am at day 33 now. I must say that I feel far more confident now that I can be AF for the rest of my life than I was 30 or so days ago. It is getting easier slowly but surely. Obviously there are threads lurking behind every corner but I generally feel on the right track. I even took my wife out Saturday (planned for Friday but as it so happens) till the very early morning hours. She had a couple of glasses I managed to abstain. I actually did not consider a drink once throughout the night nor did I crave a drink. I kept myself very busy on the dancefloor.

So though I know of the dangers of comfort (as I know it is once you get too confident that you loose focus and it is the most dangerous), I would like to encourage all those of you who are on the first week AF when it seems the most helpless and impossible to climb that mountain: It does get easier. It really does.

HAve a gr8 AF day!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi Upnorth. Sorry crossposted.

Sounds like AF withdrawel to me?! I didn't feel great at all from about day 2 onwards (for the first week)?!

Well done for the 3 days ESPECIALLY over the weekend. That's a tough start!!
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good Day all ODATers
              So great to hear of how well you all are doing. What a great group of people you are. Well done on getting through the tough times. The weekend was not bad for me as far as cravings go. I was snowed in with my beloved dog, so I cooked, and cleaned, and accomplished some things that I had been putting off. I think I am more anxious about quitting smoking than anything else right now. The Chantix is making me extremely nauseous, and I am supposed to double my dose today. Day 70 for me. Keep on trucking. You are all doing great!!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good morning everyone,

Went ice fishing yesterday, the first time this year, didn't know how well it would go without any booze to drink, but it was fantastic not to drink, don't know why I ever did. My husband brought some beers out for me but I told him I didn't want any, I had my hot chocolate to warm me. We sat out for about 3 hours caught a few fish and the kids had fun ice skating. Day 17 today and feeling great about that, have other stuff that is not going so great, but at least that is not one of them.

Have a great AF day,

Twosox

Comment

ODAT Monday

ODATERS!!!

Morning johnny, ezzie, savvy, sea and all to come! Good weekend. I had sort of funky feelings come and go but came out on top. This divorce stuff can wear on you. Too bad I drank so long. I probably would have done it sooner. Doesn't matter now. I'm done with both. I'm so sure about AF that I had my 7 month peppermint ice cream yesterday (early) as I waited for GF at the movie theater. I'll probably have it agin on the mark. :H

I cleaned my house and got some ick paper work done too.

Everybody sounds good! Savvy... double digits tomorrow! Keep your big girl pants on!

Hi twosox, crossed here. You rock!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Monday

Sea - your avatar made me chuckle! I've eaten more Chocolate over the past 4 days than I have probably in the last Year... Also ice cream.

It occurred to me that my drinking was really an addiction to chocolate that I was sublimating all these years...!

SO... my choices were: Either to be a fat slob or a ditzy drunk!! :H

OK - I Really have to stop w/the sweets.

Good luck with the quitting smoking. I think that's Harder than quitting drinking (for me). Chantix is pretty expensive, so I guess that's part of the motiviation. I've used nic gum in the past (still not Cheap!! grrrr.) with some success.

Trying hard to get motivated about it. I need to get the energy up enough to get Angry about smoking - that's usually my way to at least Start the quit process...
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi guys,

Exhausted here - spent the night at emerg with the young one. Her fever ended up spiking up again - with advil it will come down but then as soon as it wears off spikes right back up. 3 days with a fever of between 102 - 106 not a good thing. and the stupid doctors are like, "oh......well if the advil wears off and it spikes again, bring her back in"
                      I felt like saying - helloooooo, 3 days of history that this is going to happen maybe you should keep her over night to see? So of course, this morning, it is back up to 106 and I have to take her back into the emergency.

Sea - they said her bloodwork came back and her white blood cell count is off so obviously she's fighting an infection (they didn't give her anything though) - what exactly does it mean if your white blood cell count is off?
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi Sea, Two Sox and Greeneyes.

Sea... Doesn't sound like a good idea to up the dose when the stuff is making you sick?!

Two... Sounds like a tough one. Very well done. Ice fishin... sounds fun. Don't think there's a place that offers that in Cape town (hahah.. just a joke of course). Think that must've been difficult. Fishing, camping, etc. I associate all of that with AL!!

Green..... THat sounds yummy. You deserve it. (I seem to celebrate everyday with some sweets at the moment!! Hope that's just a phase triggered by my AL withdrawel)..

Savvy...Now quitting smoking is more difficult that quitting the drinking.... perhaps..... but wait till you try quitting the chocolates than you'll know a challenge
                        AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi Uni, sorry was busy typing my post while you posted..

That sounds horrible!! Been there with my boy. It's a horrible feeling to go through that and makes you feel so helpless... My boy was also just a couple of months so difficult as you can't really give any hard drugs.

How old is your child?!
                          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Monday

She's 8
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

ODAT Monday

dont listen to the doctors you are her mother demand that they get to the bottom of this its not going up for nothing there is something wrong it may be something simple but demand some more tests the poor child is trying to fight off something she needs some help with it I listened to doctors when I first had my child she cried for ten days and nights they told me it was that she was not getting milk I breastfeed lol I changed doctors and when my new doctor heard her high pitch cries he sent her to hospital it turned out she had a urine track infection but because I had listened to the first doctors she suffered unecessary pain

Comment

Working...
                              X