How to keep too busy to drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alrighty, folks! I am taking your advice and filling my calendar.

Registered for three graduate level classes.
    Signed up for the soup kitchen/shelter twice a month
    Joined a Trivial Pursuit club with my husband that meets once a month
    Set up a standard, weekly date with my kids for exercise and a healthy meal

So when I wake up tired and sore and my brain is exhausted I can blame all of you, right?
    BUT I WILL BE SOBER!!! :thanks:

Wow I am impressed! That should certainly keep you busy. Good for you.

Comment

upnorth,
      Great ideas. And not only are you filling your calendar, you're spending so much quality time with the ones that love you. Awesome.

Though I'm working until the end of the semester, I'm taking an educational sabbatical next semester and am taking three classes as well. I'll be filling my calendar with house to do's - things that have been on my list for ages!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

That's FANTASTIC, upnorthgirl! You're my new role model!!!

Comment

Upnorthgirl,
          That is FANTASTIC. I am willing to make a bet....after a few months of working at the soup kitchen/shelter you will say in one of your posts that you get more out of voluteering there than you give... I know I do
          Sean...
          It's nice to be important, however it's more important to be nice

Comment

Impressive girl!!!!!! You will be too tired to even eat
            "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

That's the way to go Upnorth. Done the same (keeping busy) and it's helped a great deal. Started playing golf again, started going to gym, started spending more time with my little boy, going to playground, etc. It's worked greatly so i'm sure it'll for you!! Well done for being so focused!!
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

don't cheer yet!

I plan on keeping super busy, true. This time, if I pass out, it will be from exhaustion.

Sean--we have always been active in charity work, working mostly in a women's shelter, so the soup kitchen is new (and in a scary part of town).

Oh...bought Wii Fit and have been using that for several days. Which might explain why I am tired and sore in some very unusual places!

Comment

Upnorth! You are SO doing the right thing by making a plan and filling up your calendar with good, healthy alternatives to drinking!
                  Way to go!!!! I wish my town had a soup kitchen where I could volunteer.....
                  :goodjob:

Comment

Excellent UpNorth! Wow, you certainly WILL be busy and tired!

Actually, you did just inspire me to do some filling of my own calendar... hmmm...

:thanks:
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Upnorth and Johnny:goodjob:

I do find that I need to fill more hours in the day. It's great to see you being so filled with energy and enthusiasm.

I have started my running again. I take my dogs with me and they truly believe that they have reached heaven.

Comment

I seem to be filling the void by EATING!!! All day long! Help! I'm gonna be a whale! :H
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Keeping yourself busy won't work, cause you have to rest sometime. What do you do then......It has to be something that your going to live by ! " An Idle mind causes mischief " Ha! IAD.
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                          X