Day 9 is tough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 9 is tough!!

Is it normal to feel anxiety 9 days later? I checked some medical sites and they say the anxiety comes and goes but shouldn't I feel better? I am excersizing, eating right, taking vitamins and trying not to stress. I don't even feel big cravings yet but it feels like having a scarf to tight around my neck....does this go away? Anyone relate to this? Ugghhh -- never had drying out feel like this.......

Day 9 is tough!!

Hoosierdaddy,
    i took me exactly 9 days to get rid of anxiety. Next day should be all good. Hope that helps
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

I hope so..

I keep hoping the next day is better and mondays tend to be tougher due to the return of work. I have heard on here that day 8 and 9 are tough and that day 10 seems to be a bright spot for alot of folks.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

HD... You're doing great. Try not to pay too much attention to variations in how you feel, day to day, during early recovery. This is a good time to try to relax a bit, take it easy with the whole process... being AF will sometimes be difficult, sometimes easy, but either way it is better than living every day with the stuff that alcohol does to us. It takes some time for our bodies/brains/minds to adjust to some major biochemical changes. It took me about 2 months before my sleep patterns started getting back to normal... but I had been living with the miserable sleep a long, long time before that. The wait was worth it... and what was my alternative? Go back to drinking? As if THAT would make me feel better??? Better, much better, to let it be, and let it slowly get better...

Hang on, be strong, stick with it, OK?

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Thanks a bunch -- good to know I shouldn't expect a linear progression. I read a medical paper just now (what I could understand) and it talked about molecular changes our brain goes through during alcoholism. I pondered for the first time if taking a drink would make it go away but I am determined to win against the booze. I want to be free of it and feel good. More challenging that I thought at this stage.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Wip, where did you find the article? Do you have a link? I know some of the medical stuff is hard to plow thru (like the original Lancet article [MWO]) but I, too, find a lot of that helpful.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Hoosier, I remember day 10 feeling great -- double digits! I have to get back there again, so I will be asking you that again soon -- write it down for me!

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Sorry again - I thought Wip mentioned the medical article. Hoosier, if you have the info, I would love to look at it.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

CS, I have several good articles that you might enjoy, along with Hoosier's. They are in PDF on my hard drive, though, so I'd need your email to send them as attachments. Let me know if you are interested. They are fairly technical, but very good.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

WIp, I'll send you a PM a bit later. Thanks.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

WIP can i get those articles too.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Sure, ABP, send me a PM with your email address and I will send them.

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Articles

There were several articles that pertained to it....i googled alcohal withdrawal,anxiety and the document came up. Scientific paper in nature but lending evidence to the biochemical changes alcoholism creates in the body with specific receptors that cause anxiety when alcohol is removed.

Day 10!!!!!!

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Hoosierdaddy,

Yay!!

Glad to see you made it to day 10. Truly, things will start getting better from here on.

Then, your next big step is to stay sober. That we have to do each and every day.

Good luck on your journey.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 9 is tough!!

Hoosier,
                              Hang in there. I'm just one day ahead of you. I know from past experience that it does get easier with time. I know it sounds so much easier than it actually is, but I completely understand about the anxiety part. I was having mental battles with my mind today. The beast doesn't let up, but I'm sure he'll get harder and harder to hear as time goes on. Take care.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                              X