Hoping to Inspire today and what is working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to Inspire today and what is working for me

Except for a half of glass of wine on Saturday (very stressed) I have been AF for 3 weeks tomorrow!!!! This is very exciting for me because this is the first time in 25 years I am doing so well at managing my life and not abusing alcohol. As my name says Overit 2007 I first joined MWO in 2007. I have tried and failed many many times. For some reason, this time is different. This is a trick that I have been using and is working for me. I KNOW that everytime I pick up a drink, its almost ALWAYS the same result. I CANNOT have just one drink and be satisfied. I use every ounce of willpower in my body to just not pick up the first drink. I tell myself over and over, the results will be the same. I will end up blasted drunk and miserable hungover tomorrow. I CONSTANTLY remind myself of all the pain alcohol has caused in my life. The wasted years. The lost potential of my life. I look ahead. Its a new year, and the beginning of a new me at 40 years old. That first drink is not worth the pain to me anymore. I pray I continue on my path, and I send you all the best wishes for those in my same struggle. Everyone on this site deserves to live a happy and sober life.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!
Working...
X