bit STRESSED day#2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bit STRESSED day#2

Had a tough night with various pains keeping me awake (nothing serious). This morning my 3 kids, all under 5, are fighting me over their breakfast. Wouldn't it be nice if we could put our lives on pause while we sort ourselves out??? Anyhow this is my life, trying to stay strong, for me and them.

xx Summer09

bit STRESSED day#2

(((Summer))))

I don't blame you girl! Having three kids under age 5! I feel stressed just thinking about it! I'm on AF day 2 too and Im having financial stress due to a sewage emergency.

I just keep thinking that this would be going on with or without my alcohol and, in my case, I really can't afford to drink as I have been since we are spending so much money on this emergency.

As for your aches and pains, your body is kind of in shock with the sudden withdrawal of alcohol so some discomfort is bound to be happening. Me, I can't wait until my body realizes it's not getting all those calories :goodjob:

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

Summer,
      Three reasons for staying strong, three beautiful children.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

Summer, you're going great! Read through the "tool box" thread, pick out some good strategies for yourself to deal with thoughts about drinking, and to deal with stress, OK? Don't try to do this just by gritting your teeth! Come here as much as you can, get some support... it really helps.

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

I know how you feel. It's hard to find some quiet ALONE time to seriously think. I have had the urge to lock myself in my room and and lay in bed all day to read, meditate, be at peace.
          I have been trying to keep positive thoughts about it, and this morning my son came in and woke me extra early and would not stop talking. Instead of being irritated I took appreciation in the fact that he will only be 5 once and one day I might just miss these moments. Then he said "Mama, I like being me."

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

:goodjob: Summer,
            I soooooo understand you! I have three children who are now 9,7, and 4. They are all GIRLS... (the hormones, emotions, cattiness, and non-stop talking!!)... and they were once all under the age of 5. I am not really sure how or when I got into this mess of drinking a bottle to a bottle and a half of wine per day...sometimes starting at lunch, once as early as 10 a.m! But it has been since I've had kids. They are the source of so much stress, and yet so much joy! I am a stress eater and drinker, so it's no wonder I have this problem I can't seem to kick. You should be proud that you are on day #2...So far I have only gone 2 days (not consecutively) AF since 6 days ago when I joined MWO. I am going for the third night alcohol free tonight. It's so easy to go just one night, but that second night is sooooooo hard...I haven't been able to do it yet, so I am basically on the every other night AF plan because I thought I could moderate. I've learned this week that I can't mod so I am going to have to go cold turkey (starting tonight---I hope!). I know I am going to be an irritable nightmare and my kids will surely push me to the brink many times... so we'll have to support each other...I'll look for you on here. How old are your kids? Where do you live? How's your day going? Hang in there and come here for support!
            Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
            The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

oh I just saw you're in Australia..I'm in the States, east coast . :welcome: and stay strong! . . . for your lovelies!
              Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
              The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

Hey Keg, I had a good morning as I had a kids playgroup this morning, nice and busy. But I am starting to feel anxious as it's afternoon now. I'm determined not to drink today! We have no alcohol in the house and for today at least it will stay that way! My kids are 5, 3 &1, so it is super busy at the moment. Your spot on that they are so stressful but bring so much joy, we wouldn't have it any other way! How are you holding up?? Thanks for your comments, I look forward to supporting eachother. xx Summer09

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

Hi Summer - hang on in there, I know what it's like to "relief" drink after a busy day being Mummy, it is bloomin hard work and constant. The one thing that really hits me is "what the hell would they do without me being here, who would look after them" - I couldn't bear someone else having to bring up my litte one. That is wonderful motivation for you to stay strong and healthy.

Good luck today.
                  AC x x

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

Hi Summer. I think every other day without AL is better than every day with AL - well done! My boys are teenagers now, but I really struggled when they were small. I was home at Christmas and spent a lot of time with my brothers 3 kids (under 6), it was great, but such hard work! Part of my reason for joining MWO is that I would like to have one 'last go' at getting pregnant, I'm just coming up to 41though, so it really will be a 'last attempt' Lol! You just keep on keeping on, and don't beat yourself up about consecutive days just yet. B.
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

bit STRESSED day#2

stress and kids

I am SOOO happy that my kids are grown and I am not struggling with alcohol AND trying to raise children. Talk about stress.

Comment

Working...
                      X