Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 sucked....Day 4 was a lil' better

Greetings Gang
    OK, Day 3 was horrible! My nerves were shot and my body was turning against me. I felt so crappy that I started to cry. Then I realized why my anxiety was so high... Yesterday was the first day I was "home alone" since getting sober. I could have gotten trashed if I wanted but I resisted the urge all day. So, thankfully day 4 rolled around and I got my meds (l-glut & melatonin). THANK GOODNESS!! Within a short time of taking the the l-glut I was feeling some relief. I actually had a pretty good day. I was back at work and keeping busy so my brain wasn't rambling. I'm still having a hard time concentrating though. But, this to shall pass.... Thanks for listening! :h
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Keep hanging in there! As each day passes and goes by, not drinking will get easier and easier. At week three for me, I have to stop myself to notice that there was once something wrong...Oh yeah, I forgot. I have a bad drinking problem, and I am getting sober. It truly does get easier! Soon day 4 will pass, then day 5, then a month, and hopefully a year! Sobriety is worth it! Keep telling yourself because your worth it.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Keep hanging in there! Yes, you are right....This too shall pass. At week three for me, I have sincerely noticed that as time passes IT DOES get easier and easier! Its like your body adjusts itself to a new AF life, and your brain follows the body. Keep up the great work, your sobriety is worth it and you are worth it.

Comment

Red, three days is great! You're almost 1/2 way to a whole week! It IS hard but it is so very worth it. Keep up the good work!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am with you. Just finished day 4.
          Being home alone is hard. For me it was always the time when I could drink in relaxation where no one was watching, judging how much I was consuming. Adding to that, being home alone sober now, I find myself thinking what do I do without the drink?
          Hang in there.

Comment

Nice going Red! You got through day 3 without any help!
            I always stumble at day 3/4 ... don't know why.

Overit and Mama.. congrats to you, too! All in all, we all seem to be doing well!
            (wow, that was 3x 'all' in one sentence)
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thanks for the great advice Wally. I sincerely listen to you who have long term sobriety under your belt. You truly do know what your talking about and I am listening!

Comment

Red congrats and you should be very proud of yourself.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

hi

Hi Red....hey, if you need a home to nest in, feel free to join us on the Newbies Nest thread...we'd love to have you there and offer support.
                  Renewal

Comment

Working...
                  X