Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey all. hope everyone had a good day. Have just got in and settling Baby so I have not had a chance to read through all the posts! Hopefully tonight I can back track!
    Nearly D3 complete for me. Though I am not sure. Is it D2? Lol I really hope you are all well.
    oh p.s Feel a sore throat and sniffles coming along. Normally I would make a nice hot toddy! What is a girl to do without that!

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beer

renewal;520252 wrote: Welcome one and all...we are pleased to have you here as one of our family. We offer a home where you can 'nestle in' and feel safe as we help support one another in our journey together. I encourage you to visit each and every day and stay 'plugged in' to us throughout. We are in this together and benefit most by helping one another and ourselves by sharing our experiences. There's plenty of room here in the nest, so feel free to bring a friend. Should it become crowded, I'll go out and get more twigs.
      Renewal
      Hi .I am new . Tired of the 6 pack a day . Need a change . Would like to cut down but if I can't it is time to put the bottle away .

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Fitzgeralds!
        Are there more than 1 of you? :H

Glad you found the nest ~ this is the safest place to be right now so settle in
        My usual questions for the newbies are: have you read the MWO book yet & have you made a plan? In order to assure success you have to do both!

Everyone is making great progress, one day at a time! I love that because it works!

Byrdie, thanks for the update on your husband, sounds really good.

OK, back to work for me before I get itching to bake bread :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, seriously busy in the nest - glad I bagged my twig early! Just checking in. Don't have time to read everything at the moment - life taking an upturn and busy, busy, busy, which is great, keeps me out of trouble.

Just wanted to say "hi" to all. Reckon I'll get time to read the thread on the weekend. Hope to join the party thread too xxx
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi fellow nesters! Welcome to Willow, Fitzgeralds and Herbie! :welcome: Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Looks like we have a full nest, but the more the merrier!

It is hard to believe how I felt three weeks ago, compared to today, which is day...have to figure it out...18! Thanks to a lot of people here, or I would have have made it this far. Lav, Byrd, Cap'n G (I am being religious about the water consumption)...and all the young'uns peeping in the nest with me.

The new ones have already been pointed in the right direction by the senior members, so I won't repeat that. Please hang in there, as there will be easy days and not so easy days. You'll feel good sometimes, and then others you will feel bad. But as someone here said "a bad day sober beats a good day hungover" (or something like that).

take care, all...
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Just checking in - didn't get to it yesterday. Up to day three for me - think I might struggle today. Friday's are always a struggle for me but today I have to do the grocery shop as well - MUST past bottle shop without going in!!!! Last night I went for a five k walk with my puppy instead of having a wine - felt so much better. Still felt like one but made myslef a lemon lime and bitters instead. If I must go into the bottle shop it will be for a bottle of bitters and ONLY that. Night before I took the kids for a swim - distraction distraction distraction!!!! Also getting back into the photography and spending hours playing about and editing. It was nice to go out shooting yesterday and got some FABULOUS shots including one of three Eastern Grey Kangaroos staring straing at my lense - so much more thrilling than the bottom of a bottle. Also read a great quote this morning I thought I'd share with you all...

I am too positive to be doubtful
              Too optomistic to be fearful
              And too determined to be defeated

That quote is going on my fridge door!!!!

Good luck for today where ever you are in your journey:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Julz! Day 3 is huge!! You get a hat and everything! Not really, but you deserve one. Now just get your bad self to Day 7. Whatever it takes, no matter what. I would love to see your kangaroo shot! I am thrilled at your success! Onward! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MightyMite....How do you play Cricket??? Well first you take his little legs......
                  (ehehehe)
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, it's evening here for me on my side of the nest. Day 9 has been successful! I am so ready for my double digits...BRYDIE-for that one I do want a HAT, can you make a bread hat? Then I can eat it after my day 10 of wearing it proudly...hahahaha!

Earlier I posted that I wasn't feeling that great this morning and I think it was really due to all of the cleansing foods I have been eating, I am in a major detox and before I feel better from this new raw diet, I will feel worse. And that was the case today. My headache went away late this afternoon and I finally had to break down and take some advil, which I was holding off since I've already done enough damage to my liver for pete's sake, but I didn't want the headache to roll over to tomorrow when I have to go back for work!

Welcome Fitzgeralds! You are in the right place. Glad to have you onboard!

Willow23, sounds like a busy day for you too. Also hi to newbie Julz! You are all doing great! Isn't it so wonderful to be able to do stuff at night instead of pass out from drinking too much? I find this is like getting an extra 4-5 hours back to my day. I love that!

Brydie-Thanks for the pep talk about the party. I know, it will be fine and I really shouldn't worry about it because I really don't feel like drinking at all anymore. Something has clicked with me and I think the 3rd time this year has been the charm (3rd time of trying to seriously QUIT!).

Just had a big yummy salad for dinner...hubs is at the gym and when he gets home I'm going to fix him a great dinner and I also made a spiced apple cake for him (I don't eat cake but I love the way it makes the whole house smell yummy).

Hope everyone is cozy in the nest this evening...see ya in the mornin' peeps!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie - still have to make it through Day 3 - I could use a new hat though - I've lost mine! LOL

I'm happy to post the shot but read in the FAQ's not much room for photos. Don't want to take up precious space others may need! Maybe I can PM it or email it or something - let me know. Off to watch my kiddies sing at the rememberance day ceremony. Should be good :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blondie,
                        Be sure to tuck an exit plan in your back pocket before you go to the party!
                        Always better to cut out early than ruin your quit. I stayed home for nearly 3 months when I quit ~ I was serious about keeping my quits this time & still am

Just so the newbies & everyone else knows - there is always plenty of room in the Nest. We love a big crowd here
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new but really not new.
                          Back again to try and kick this!
                          I am almost done with Day 8. About to get off work and drive my happy little butt past the AL store and staight home.
                          I have been reading the Jason Vale book and I didn't have cravings at first but today is the first since I quit.
                          If I can just make it home I will be great!
                          Talk to everyone soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still not sure if I am going Lav...Hubs and I in dire need of a new stove and I would much rather go to Lowe's to look at some new stoves on Sat night than go to this darn party. I may have to fish around for a good excuse! So, maybe it's not the drinking that scares me but the fact that I would rather spend my time doing something else than sit around with a bunch of drinkers that I don't know very well. I am really loving my group of friends that like to go for coffee
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Mya! Hope you managed to get past the store and home safe and sound. Congrats on getting to D8!

Hallo everyone else :-) Hope you are all doing well.

Am finishing of D3!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blondie,
                                Honestly, I don't even bother to walk next door anymore to see my BIL & his wife for exactly theh same reason. I look at it this way: we deserve a 'comfort zone' while we strengthen our commitments & we don't owe anyone an explanation other than 'Sorry, I can't attend'.
                                Spending time looking for a new stove sounds good to me

mya, welcome to the Nest! Hope you made it home safely! Congrats on your 8 AF days - great start!
                                What do you plan to do differently this time?

MinStar, good for you on day 3

Had a great day & am ready to settle in for the night. Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest. A reminder for the newbies ~ we have nest belts & butt velcro available if needed

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X