Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day one again for me, too. Can the nest accommodate one more? For the last few weeks I was feeling pretty confident that I was free from alcohol, and now I'm logging in to acknowledge that I drank every night for the last week. No longer hopeful, but scared.

I will do everything in my power to get through today without a sip of wine. I desperately want to join Believe, Availalble and Willow in completing Day One, and the moving on from there. I will be back tonight when the urge hits to tell you that I am ignoring that #$&!# AL voice in my head!
    ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
    -----------------------------------
    Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blondie cute coat..! You are so right about the money we have flushed down our throats...we need to think about ways to treat ourselves without wine or drink... and that coat is perfect perfect perfect!!!

Can't believe I am starting day 5.... last night was a tug cause my old stress anxiety trigger went off the ricter scale.. but you in the nest got me through it... so many big thanks to all of you last night. I woke up without a headache, but my mouth is still dry... so look forward to waking up with some energy... Busy day around here ... much to do.. hope all of you have a good Monday..take care

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ire
        I floated around the nest for over a week with my wine glass in hand before coming in for a landing.. everyone is so welcoming so encouraging and so supportive... everyone just wants the best for you and there is never any judgement... there is always room in the nest so come on in and get comfy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Welcome back Irie, plenty of room here
          Learning the hard way is something most of us have done - stick around!

I'm on the fly this morning - just wanted to say hello before I get going.
          Wishing everyone a great AF Monday, I'll be back!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie, just catching up from the weekend....what a lovely quote "The false self lives mainly through memory and anticipation. Past and future are its main preoccupation. The present moment, at best, is a means to an end, a stepping stone to the future, because the future promises fulfillment, the future promises salvation in one form or another. The only problem is the future never comes. Life is always now."

Thank you

Mimi, you sound good! Nice to hear from you!

Where's belle, and mightymite? anyone else ?

praire, my nails are crazy!!! They're growing and they are tough! I scratched myself by mistake the other day - OUCH!

Hi Irie, we always have room...:l

I still have more catching up to do~
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Herbie, 5 days is awesome, you should be elated. It just gets better and better!

Irie, welcome! Before I flew into the nest and joined MWO back in January, I remember reading through all the posts while still drinking and then finallly threw out the wine and joined in full throttle. So much better for it today, even with some slips throughout the year. We all start from somewhere and coming on here and posting/reading is such an enormous tool for cutting down drinking or going completely AF, whatever is right for you. Looking forward to getting to know you better. There is plenty of Nest butt velcro to go around. Maybe Lav can embroider our names on our own personal butt velcro for Christmas presents this year !!!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Herbie! I'm going to make this time count. Easy to say early in the morning...tougher tonight, but I will do it!

Loved your coat, too, Blondie. Just about talked myself into one, too! Our first snow is predicted later this week.

I just had a nice thought. I'd love to think that all of us who are struggling with our first steps towards sobriety as winter nears will be firmly on the path to an AF life by the time spring is here. What a nice thing to look forward to.
                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                -----------------------------------
                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ire

yes a very nice thing to look forward to

Comment

Newbies Nest

THESE BOOTS ARE MEANT FOR KICKING AL'S BUTT

PS, Here are the snow boots I used my AL money to buy...I think I had a pair of Bean boots like these when I was a young girl...I guess they just don't go out of style...lol. These aren't as cute as the coat but when the snow banks are up our butts this year, I'll be thankful I went for practical vs. cute. But, I guess they are cute in their own way. I'm originally from Maine so LL Bean has always had a soft spot in my heart :h

I got the black on black ones: Bean Boots by L.L.Bean, Quilted Nylon Faux-Shearling-Lined 14": Winter Boots | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

Anyone else splurged on something with the money they have saved on AL recently? I'm also saving money in my account every week and will do something nice with it later this year. But it's nice to splurge every now and again for immediate AF gratification!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PPS, Geez, I hope no one thinks I work for LL BEAN...lol...I'm not promoting them, just sharing my AL successes and what you can show for it if you don't waste all your money on AL. Just had to say that 'cause I don't want folks to think I'm promoting something on MWO. I just thought of that so maybe I should't post about a certain brand. Sorry if I offended anyone!

Well, off to have some breakfast then get ready for work. Mondays are hectic as we get several deliveries in. My boss is on vacation this week so I have to pick up some of the slack, but I love to be busy so that is just fine. And it's always kind of nice when the boss is away

See everyone tonight and stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love your purchases Blonde, especially the coat. I want snow! We don't get snow here like you do though, maybe 3-4 inches. Then it freezes and the streets become like ice rinks!

Thanks all for the support. I bought myself some new snugly PJ's today, so tonight it will be bath and then put those bad boys on. Hell yeah! I also saw the consultant today at the hospital about having my gallbladder out. He's agreed to do it which is awesome, but I don't know when yet. It's a big motivation in me staying off the AL now actually cos I want to recover quickly and that ain't gonna happen if I've been hammering my poor body with wine.

Got to run cos nearly school pick up time but will catch you guys tonight x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters,

I have a confession I must make -- I don't even know how many times I was on Day One. I had so many different 100 Day plans and different ways of execution, it was unbelievable. I wasn't 100% committed and there was always some wiggle room for moderation, since I wasn't "that bad". I knew in the back of my pea-sized brain I wanted to be AF more than anything, but the Beast was trying to get me to moderate. It seriously took more time than I am willing to admit to you. But I am here still fighting, and I may be fighting every day.

Finally, I decided I was going to commit to doing at least 100 days. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I didn't think I had it in me, but I had to throw myself out there -- to you and this community in order to do it. I am almost half way there and it has been better than I had hoped for. Coming here every day and posting something has made a huge difference to me. So...what I say to you is DON'T GIVE UP...keep working your plans and tweaking them along the way...It will stick one day. I see it in your resilience and fortitude. You keep coming back here. All of you on Day One. Good for you!

Lolab -- You had me worried over the weekend and that is funny because I remember one weekend where I was away too and you had some worries about me and it was so kind of you. I kept logging in to see if you had posted and finally (last night) you popped up. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here...one step in front of me. Just had to say.

Comment

Newbies Nest

How will I do?

[QUOTE=MinStar;1208225]SteadyHands- pleased to hear you are enjoying AL free days! Keep at it. I keep thinking of the things I will be able to do- I thought of going out with friends (have a spa day on Monday and booze will be involved) and without AL- How I will do? I want to enjoy the day without! Never would have considered that before.:l

Hi MinStar

I remember the last outing with friends before I quit. I "had" to pre-drink 3 glases...big ones...and felt so stupid!! The whole dinner I checked where the levels of the others wine were...and still drank faster than all of them! Got home and drank 4 more...

Wish that dinner was tonight...Not drinking gives me so much more confidence! No smell to hide, eyedrops, more perfume and "acting normal". This morning my make-up was a bit runny after my fierce walk in the park and I went shopping anyway! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs "I AM NOT HUNGOVER!!!".

Anyway. I just wanted to share my fav non-AL drinks. I find that Tonic water works well in social situations. It tastes like an adult beverage (not - AL!). Ginger ale does the same, although it burns like AL. But tonic water in a club situation is nice, because it still has the bluish colour and people will be fooled, if necessary.

Hope you had a great spa day with your friends.
                            12-20-2012 AF
                            Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Windy

I agree 100%. After too many failed attempts this MWO postings give me confidence!!

Good luck with your 100 days!
                              12-20-2012 AF
                              Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blondi, you are on Magic Day #13. Please tell us if this day seems different to you...your attitude. It did to me....something clicked and I knew this time, I could do it. I hope you get that sense of peace too.
                                Lav and I can tell you...we've seen folks come and go here....If you stick around long enough, your heart will be broken more than once when you see folks you are truly invested in, give way. It's like, dam, if it could happen to them, how can I make it? I'm weak as a twig! I've seen the likes of Lav...and me with all our resolve...give it another try, only to drag back in with Day 1. If I ever started a post with..."I'm sorry to say, I gave in last night" What would you think? It's been scary seeing my heroes fall. I am Hell-Bent on not being one of them. Lav, you have no idea how much respect I have for you... Just stay strong everyone...you will never regret it. AL is stronger than we are...you must cut off its HEAD and do not drink ...no way, no how. That's the only way to succeed. DO NOT DRINK. And it's one day at a time, one hour at a time. And now is the time. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X