Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Feeling much better than I did this morning!
    There are so many lovely people in the nest with such kind words - too many to mention but thank you to all.

So D1 again but that's ok. A line jumped out of the book I was reading today - obviously while nursing my poor little body. Anway it's my new mantra...

"Don't worry about why it went wrong, just damn well put it right".

A tricky week ahead as the weekend starts with my birthday - DANGER! My intention is for this to be the first one in my adult life AF (sad I know!). It will be a real millstone for me when (not if!) I make this happen. No doubt I will be dropping by the nest - a lot!!

Have a great day/evening nesty friends
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hByrdie -- Another wonderful post... You make me smile and cry all in one post. I am here for the long haul with you. I know what you mean...It is heart wrenching sometimes, but that is what we must accept --- the things we cannot control. You are amazing...I would cry like a baby if you were not here! Me too -- I am hell bent and damed determined like never before.

NOW IS THE TIME....

Comment

Newbies Nest

FYI

Sober Mondays rock, so do sober birthdays, Thanksgiving days, you name it :H :H

Don't waste your energy worrying about future events - they haven't happened yet.
        Keep your focus on today! Wake up & renew your AF commitment each & every day & be grateful

That's what I do & it's working great!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

[quote]Steady Hands;1208361 wrote:
          Originally posted by MinStar View Post
          SteadyHands- pleased to hear you are enjoying AL free days! Keep at it. I keep thinking of the things I will be able to do- I thought of going out with friends (have a spa day on Monday and booze will be involved) and without AL- How I will do? I want to enjoy the day without! Never would have considered that before.:l

Hi MinStar

I remember the last outing with friends before I quit. I "had" to pre-drink 3 glases...big ones...and felt so stupid!! The whole dinner I checked where the levels of the others wine were...and still drank faster than all of them! Got home and drank 4 more...

Wish that dinner was tonight...Not drinking gives me so much more confidence! No smell to hide, eyedrops, more perfume and "acting normal". This morning my make-up was a bit runny after my fierce walk in the park and I went shopping anyway! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs "I AM NOT HUNGOVER!!!".

Anyway. I just wanted to share my fav non-AL drinks. I find that Tonic water works well in social situations. It tastes like an adult beverage (not - AL!). Ginger ale does the same, although it burns like AL. But tonic water in a club situation is nice, because it still has the bluish colour and people will be fooled, if necessary.

Hope you had a great spa day with your friends.
          Hey Steady! Hope your day is going well. I like the idea of tonic water. I shall have to give that one ago. I dont like ginger beer too much but I guess sipping one through the night wouldnt be too bad. At the moment I am on Water- sparkling! It is my friend through out the day! LOL.
          I wish there were several nights I could go back and change. I have many a wedding parties that I have been in bed early as I was to trashed
          Spa is next week! I can't wait. Just hitting the witching hour and hoping the ugly beast keeps well hidden.
          :goodjob: on thinking you want nights without! These little things will help us move forward :l

Hello everyone else! Blondie- love the new gear. What a wonderful idea to put something aside. I varied on how much I spent but I could put a little aside each week and get something nice for myself. Great Idea!

Hope everyone else is doing well :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon nesters. I'm still here, just been busy this weekend. Thanks lolab for looking for me. Gives me a warm fuzzy. Our baby came home for the weekend from school so have been busy spending time with him. He comes home so rarely these days, I forget what he looks like. Still going strong here. On day 23. Woohoo! Almost had a slip Sat. but talked myself off the ledge. Wew!
            Irie, Believe, Av, Willow, just wanted to send you good vibes. You know you can do it and just getting back up and dusting yourself off only proves how strong you all are. We are all here cheering for you and believe in you. I wish you a most beautiful, peaceful day.:h
            "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1208387 wrote: FYI

Sober Mondays rock, so do sober birthdays, Thanksgiving days, you name it :H :H

Don't waste your energy worrying about future events - they haven't happened yet.
              Keep your focus on today! Wake up & renew your AF commitment each & every day & be grateful

That's what I do & it's working great!
              Wise words as usual Lav - thank you. Absolutely right - must not worry over what hasn't yet happened but I am gonna have your words in my ear, sober birthdays rock. I like that

Thanks for encouragement Mighty - you're doing great!
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

New newbie!

Hi guys!

I'm new.and hungover and embarrassed, and paranoid, and......well, I guess that's all. Can't wait unti this feeling goes away. The only good thing about being hungover is that it reminds you why you shouldn't drink, and also the appetite loss. Kidding. Any advice for me?

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:Hi Anna and Welcome to the Nest. You have come to the right place, and there are some Momma birds that will take care of you. I came here 3 weeks ago feeling exactly like you do ... hungover and wanting that to be the last time. Start out by reading and reading everyone's posts and stories, and you will not feel so alone and paranoid. You will find some awesome help in the toolbox. I could not believe how much I had in common with all these fine folks. I am now on Day 22 AF, and life is getting brighter.

Hello to everyone else in the nest! Sorry I was a little scarce around the nest this weekend, seems that family stuff kept me busy. Made a pizza on Saturday night, which was always a great time for a red wine...but kept those devil thoughts away. It helps that husband is not drinking lately...working a lot and having headaches...not that that is good, but at least he is not leading me to temptation.

Glad to see everyone here, even though there were some slips, I do believe everyone is doing great. Take care...
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Anna and welcome! I am on D7 today so pretty new. Dont think I would have got this far had I been alone. This sire has some wonderful supportive people! You've made the right choice.

Witching hour has begun! I am hungry, dinner is not made and there is a bottle open from the weekend (not mine!) eeek. Looking for some inspiration for dinner! Bored of the usual suspects and had take away already Boo!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bake an apple pie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does anyone have a link to the toolbox?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Anna 123:welcome:

No. I don't have a link to toolbox, but Guitarista frequently gives it in his posts. Try "Old ? back on day one" also in the Just starting out section.

Will be nice reading your posts.
                          Advice...eat something greasy, pop a pain killer and drink coca cola for today...used to work for me...

Good luck!
                          12-20-2012 AF
                          Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                            Anna, here is the tool box link. Wow! I did it. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.:H
                            "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Newbies Nest

tool box; https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

be back later!
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in on this wonderful thread on my lunch hour. Typically, this is the time of day I start renegotiating my morning's resolution not to drink. I can't say the thought of a glass of wine after work hasn't popped unbidden into my head, but I can tell you one thing... its not going to happen. No way! This is it for me - I'm taking a stand!
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X