Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks PF.
    How are you doing? Sorry to hear things are tough at work. I hope you find out one way or other soon. I can imagine it is a nightmare. WEll done you for not succumbing to AL.
    Thinking of you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

That sound you hear is me trying to beat my head into a wall hard - but my arse is getting in the way of a good skull cracking swing.

My shipment of Glut/amino's/GABA did not come in yet - going to have to hit a vitamin store to get more - this is NOT the week to run low
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1209090 wrote: Thanks PF.
        How are you doing?

Been better... :-(

Sorry to hear things are tough at work. I hope you find out one way or other soon. I can imagine it is a nightmare.

It's become a bit "Lord of the Flies". - assuming we survive - there are people who will have trouble trusting each other again.

WEll done you for not succumbing to AL.
        Thinking of you.
        One thing at a time. One day at a time. I keep reminding myself that today I will be stronger than AL.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh hun! I hope it comes fast fast fast!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, so sorry for the knife twisting. Just know (and I know you do) that AL won't make it any better. Just worse...way worse. I am propped up on your shoulder and if you dare make a dash to that fridge, Ima whup you up side da head!! (yes, whup!) got it, little one? You can do it...don't give in no matter what and no matter who. Hugs, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in...
              Byrdie, your post, to Anna I think, was awesome - thank you. Totally resonated with the bit about testing out the modding and then being worse than before. That's what my slip on Sunday felt like. Deliberately did way more than I normally would - reckon I was testing myself for some weird AL reason. Anyway glad I did in a way as I know I would have tried at some point. My slips have been all part of my process. Felt flippin great today - I know only day 2 but something feels different. Also had the best night's sleep tonight which I credit to the lovely folk here helping me through so that I didn't beat myself up. Just dusted myself off, let it go and slept!

PF - really sorry to hear you're going through a bad time re work. I hope you find out soon so that you can move forward.

Hi Unwasted - you helped me loads when I first found MOW. Hope you're OK. I've just got back into Jason Vale - feels perfect timing.

Blondie - I think it's congratulations for you today - brilliant 14 days Loved your recent post too about racking up the AF days. Although day 2 I've had loads more AF days than AL since been here. Going all the way this time.

LolaB - loved your post looking out for everyone - hope you're good

Hi Lav & Windy - thanks for encouragement, good to be back in the nest

Hi to all other nestees - wishing you a really lovely AF day/evening.

See you all day 3 - CB
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody!!!

Day 2 for me. Yestarday was a madness but i went to GP doctor and got prescriptions for mild sedatives to sleep (for first days, than i want to quit) and antidepressant which i used in a past. I know it' s not only solution for giving up with AL but i have depression and when i don' t drink for days and everything becomes real, i undertsand-wtf i did with my life??? I can' t live in a past, i have to move on.

Thanks a lot for encouregement BlondAmbition!!! You were the first who answered my post yestarday and it ment a lot for me to be in touch again with people who understands me!!!

Patrice!!! Glad to see you here in Nest!!! How is your child? i remember that you had small boy??
                Yes, i moved to SA, but feel very isolated here..everything is strange for me..big cars, highways, buildings, culture..
                But most of all i miss my lovely daughter who' s having very rich creative period in life - she' s winning prize by prize in literature in my country..and she' s sad that she can only contact on skype with me and sent her poetry and writings to my mail. This is another reason to faith for sobriety!!!

Hi Gregorino!! Nice to hear from you!!! I see you' re very busy - and that' s great, it helps to transfer your toughts from AL to something more productive!!

Wishing everybody sober and calm day!!!!

A
                The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1209173 wrote: PF, so sorry for the knife twisting. Just know (and I know you do) that AL won't make it any better. Just worse...way worse. I am propped up on your shoulder and if you dare make a dash to that fridge, Ima whup you up side da head!! (yes, whup!) got it, little one? You can do it...don't give in no matter what and no matter who. Hugs, Byrdie
                  So far no whupping needed - will stay as busy as I can tonight - and stop for emergency glutamine plus GABA since shipment not in yet...:thanks:

Blue air in, red air out...

I ?will? be stronger than AL today.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am as close to wanting a drink as I have been in the past 23 days...stressful day topped off by daughter coming home from school with a possible concussion. Therefore I know I CANNOT touch a drop of AL, as I may have to take her to the ER if she gets worse. I guess that is a blessing in disguise. Hoping she is OK through the night, as I will have to rouse her. Guess I couldn't do that under the influence either.:fingers:
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle Girl sorry about your daughter hope she will be ok..they say God works in mysterious ways... what a way to keep you off the drink....
                      I am very tired this afternoon/evening... and feeling a bit down..after yesterday when I felt so great....working on dinner then pop back in hopefully my energy will pick up. Had blood work today should know the results tomorrow .. hope you all are doing well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie and Belle, once you get past a couple weeks, the days til you get to day 30 are a flipping roller coaster of emotions! One minute on top of the world, the next, thinking of consuming a whole box of wine....it's fine to have the emotions, but whatever you do...don't act on them. This will pass and you will have smooth sailing. Just hang in thru the tough parts. Tomorrow will be a new day and you will feel so good for not having caved.
                        Best to your daughter ...I hope her head is resiliant. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle,
                          Was your daughter injured at school, sports??
                          Keep a close eye on her - watch for changes in her level of consciousness, nausea, vomiting.....
                          I may be a retired nurse but still think like one.

PF, so sorry about the work drama, stay present now, OK?

Herbie, you're doing great, hang in there.

Audrey, welcome back!
                          Is there anything you can do to reduce your feeling of isolation? That's not good for your recovery.
                          Are there any groups or meetings you can attend?

CantBelieve, Byrdie, MinStar, greg & everyone - hope you are having a great day
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, another busy day here I see! PF, sorry that you are still not knowing the outcome of the job situation...hang in there.

Very busy day at work for me...stressful. Then angry when I came home tonight to find that a shipment of come CDs didn't arrive and I was so looking forward to hearing them tonight. All of that made me want to drink quite honestly. It was scary and I was in limbo for a while. Started eating right away and gulping seltzer. I'm just tired and cranky right now I guess. Coming off a long 5 day stretch at work and really didn't want to deal with customers today...don't know what came over me. Coming here to read everyone elses successes is cheering me up. Kudos to all of you who are staying strong. Actually, I just went back and read some posts and Bryd's post just now about emotions is hitting me to the tee at this moment. I was on top of this world this morning but tonight I came very close to giving in to a wine craving and I'm happy to report that I am not...but wow, that just came smack out of no where. Looking forward to tomorrow as it is my day off and I have lots to do around the house to keep me busy. Sorry for not sounding as chipper as I usually am but I guess it's just a mood and that will pass. I am still proud of myself for not drinking.

Have a wonderful night everyone and hi to all here tonight. I wish you peace and a safe night.

Best,

BlondeAF
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd, yes you are right. Seems like the past week or so I have been up and down. Not down enough to drink (I have kept so MANY bad drinking memories that I keep resurrecting to keep me away from AL), but just to make me wishful that I could.

Lav, thanks for the advice. Daughter was injured when someone pushed her into the pole of a basketball net, backwards. It was an accident during a huge game of recess tag. She hit the upper area of the back of her head. She complained about being a little dizzy and I had to pick her up from school. Her appetite is fine, but when she gets up and walks around she says her head and stomach feel "funny". Oy...with kids it is always something.
                              :thanks:
                              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. So happy I made it back tonight. I came sooo close to caving. I'm off work tonight with a short vacation ahead of me, heading off to visit family out of state until Sunday, and it just felt like I deserved a drink. For a panicky 5 minutes or so on the drive home tonight I thought I was going to give in, and suddenly this calm came over me. I just told myself F%&@ alcohol! I'm not drinking! I'm just barely getting started here, how can I even think of giving up? So I didn't! And now that I'm home and settling in for the evening I couldn't be happier. Or prouder of myself.

I hope we all can keep pushing on and fighting those urges until they are part of an old dreary chapter of our lives. What we are working on will change us profoundly. Lets none of us throw away this opportunity we have to shape a different future than we were otherwise looking at.
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X