Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

difficult

I was on this site under the name Liters, but my old email account got hacked and now I have to start fresh.
    I am drinking worse now than I was then, I want to stop but do not know how. I took an overdose of pills last year, and my sister talked me through it, not sure if she knew what I had done.
    I wake up in the middle of the night and drink, I get up and drink. I am out of control. Can anyone help me or tell me how to stop this please. As my Mom used to say (If wishes were horses beggers would ride) I need to ride right nowlease:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday BelleGirl! Stay strong; you are doing so well.

Sobriety is the best gift we can ever give ourselves. Sure, it's difficult at times - slipping back into thoughts about "wouldn't it be nice...." And then having to summon the mental strength to banish those thoughts and stay on track.

However, always remember that the rewards far outweigh the challenges. The daily temptations will become infrequent, your confidence will improve, and your general sense of well-being - your "alive-ness" - will literally soar!

Hello Wishes! Welcome to the Nest. There is great support for you here. Listen closely to our Nest Mums - Ms lav and Ms Byrdie. They will give you some excellent pointers on getting started. I would recommend reading this thread from about a month ago. Find the Newbies who came here looking for a way out just a few short weeks ago and see how they are doing now. This exercise will keep your desire to get better larger than your desire to drink and give you a chance to get to know everyone here.

Steady Hands & Herbie - Congrats on one week - Keep it going!

Hi Nollie! Hello Mauri! Hey there Prairie!

Gotta run....very busy day at work. Will try and check back tonight.

Be calm & stay strong Nesters!
      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: If Wishes Were Horses,

Very sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. You're in the right place - everyone will look after you in here and help you through. I'm sure Lav & Byrdie will come and reassure you with their wisdom soon. Stick here - this place offers so much support and guidance. Helping me like I'd never imagine.

Nice to see you DoDo - don't be sorry!

And wishing Belle a VERY HAPPY AF BIRTHDAY :new::day5::day5: inkele:

Hi to Lav, Byrdie, Windy, Blondie, LolaB, K9, Prairie, MinStar, Cap'nG, Willow, Ronnie, Herbie, Irie, Steady Hands, Available, Timpin, Today, mrsg, Mimi, Nollie, Today, Audrey and really hope I haven't missed anyone - it's a very busy nest!!
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle, ignore the :new: - just being a spanner on the computer!
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thursday Nesters!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GREG & BELLE! Seems like likes of birthday this week...my boss just turned 50 this week too. It's funny how some months birthdays are all around us. August is big in my family...several relatives and friends birthdays, including mine, land mid-month. Hope you guys have a fabulous, sober and beautiful birthday! And I agree with fellow nesters, sobriety is the best gift you can give yourself! Dive in!

Welcome to Wishes! Glad you flew into the Nest and hope you will stay awhile. The more you read and post on here, the better. I am 16 days as of today and MWO is a huge factor in keeping me on the straight and narrow. If we can do it, you can. Take one day at a time. If no one has posted the toolbox yet, I will find the link and post for you. it is a great source when you are starting out and helps to make a plan to fill your days with something other than booze. Best of luck to you in your journey!

Hi to Lav, Mauri, PF (Sorry you are still in limbo with the job news), Windy, Steady, Willow, MinStar, Patrice, Cant'Believe, MightyMight, Noal, Nollie, Ronnie, Lolab and Brydie! (Did I miss anyone, geez, that's quite a rollcall...like I'm reading off attendance for a classroom...lol). I hope you are all here and doing well today...make it a good one!

I'm off for coffee with some girlfriends this morning, then errands in town, some shopping and home for lunch. I'll check in with ya later!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

TOOLBOX for WISHES

Hi Wishes,

Here is that toolbox thread I promised: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Take a long look at that today if you can, it is very instrumental in the beginning and I find myself referring to it all the time for tools and inspiration from other MWO'ers.

:goodjob: In coming here to start. The important thing is that you are here and posting. Tell us more about yourself when you are ready.

:welcome:
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well and happy. I'm up to Day 4 and feel a bit more energy coming back... sleeping quite well now but still having headaches in the morning. Taking that many supplements that I think I need to give up my day job just to keep up

Hi Wishes, I really know how you feel.. that out of control feeling is horrible, not at all pleasant and I guess not at all how we used to feel all those years ago when getting drunk was just a blast.. but it does creep up and it DOES seem to get out of control for lots of people including me..

You will find a lot of warmth and support here that will help you get through and you wont feel so alienated when you realise so many of us are battling

Have a good day/ night / afternoon all
                Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today Marks 100 Accumulated Days since I joined MWO in 2011

Hi all,

As some of you may know, in addition to tallying up my "days in a row AF", which to date is 16, I have also counted up how many days I have accumulated sober since I joined MWO in January of this year...and today I am proud to announce I have 100 days! That's 100 days of being happy, clear-headed, positive, hopeful, healthy and determined! One this is for sure, I couldn't have done this if it wasn't for MWO and secondly, that number is only going to grow!:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
                    A quick one- I posted earlier but looks like it didnt work. Dont you just hate that! grrhh!
                    Day10 for me.. whoop whoop into double figures. It has got so much better. Last night I really didnt have a craving as such, more something I wanted to do.

Off to take lil madame to her Music class. I swear she has a better social life than me... scrap that. I no longer have a social life. Meeting my Sister after and she is coming over for a cheese fest tonight. Now normally, I would crack open wine and have cheese and wine until I can no longer move. I am determined not to have any tonight. Sparkling water and some elderflower and grape sparkling juice for me tonight. I may not get a chance to come back on line later but please please send me your support!

Horses-Welcome and please do stay and nestle in. The best place to be. Find time to peruse the tool box and other posts!

Hello and stay strong to the you Lav, Mauri, Prairie Fairy, Windy, Steady, Willow, Blondie, Patrice, Cant'Believe, MightyMight, Noal, Nollie, Ronnie, Lolab and Brydie! Lol- had to double check that with blondie's post! :P

Congrats Blondie on 100 days! whooopppp whooooppp!
                    TC xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! Have to 'scram moose as I am running late this AM - but wanted to wish everyone strength today.

Good Vibes for all of us - and my fingers crossed
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll be thinking of you today prairie...

good morning to all - minstar - keep thinking of how it's just a short period of time in the whole scheme of things....resisting temptation. Then think of how you would feel later and tomorrow morning if you did give in....and compare it to how you'll feel when you don't. (then close your eyes and "feel" all the good vibes coming from your friends here...)
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

Everyone sounds strong and happy -- two very good feelings.

RATS RATS RATS....I keep hearing that dastardly booze brain saying....two glasses with dinner on a special occasion...blah blah...blah... I have to reaffirm to myself that two glasses is not what I ultimately want...I want the big buzz and, let's face it, two glasses is not going to get me there. That is my reality now...I have to recognize that and keep it in the front of my brain.....Two glasses is a waste of calories and a waste of time...And any more than that (even one more) is too many for this old gal. I don't want two glasses, three glasses...or anything!!!!

Sorry guys...I guess I am letting the BEAST get to me...I need to fight..fight and never give up..That is what I hope for all of you too. Life gets hard sometimes and seems unfair, but the only way to feel better is to keep fighting and not give in to the "VOICE". (or to our loved ones who mean well..or friends...co-workers, etc...)

Prairie Fairy -- I am keeping my fingers crossed for your too....Stay strong!!

And a BIG FAT BIRTHDAY WISH to Greg and Belle.....WoooHooo.... Funny...I was listening to my I-pod this a.m. and my son put the song (or rap) on there called something like "Birthday Se+"...Nasty...but funny.

Audrey and Patrice -- I lived in a foreign country for 5 years and I think that's when I started drinking more than was a healthy amount. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. The only thing I can say is that is was HARD, but one of the most rewarding things I have ever done and I wish I could do it again. Do it sober and enjoy it. There is so much to learn from different cultures. It can be lonely, but I guess that is the payoff.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters

Isn't it wonderful to wake up in the nest..it feels so warm and soft with good will everywhere...where else do you find a place where everyone associated with it just wants the best for you... we are all so luck to have found this place.

Noel congratulations on day 30!! loved your post

Steadyhands we are tracking on the same day I think.. starting day 8..I was reading about your family and reminded of my grandparents.. my grandmother was a very successful business woman, she was beautiful, perfect skin, nails and hair done once a week, but she was very heavy.. she was also well griddlered..(sp?) Despite her weight she always looked beautiful. My Grandfather was thin and on disability... he cooked and did things around the house, took Grandma to work and picked her up.. Grandma was always on a diet... she would reach for a candy (cause they always had little fancy jars of candys around the house) and my Grandfather would say "hon... should you be eating that" and this type of thing would go on and on... then at a family gathering he would get the bowl of chips and dip and walk it to her so she would not have to get up ...also when she had been so many days on a diet he would take her for ice cream as a reward for being so good... he belittled her and sabotaged her all at the same time... I think deep down he was jealous of her and her success, that she was a beautiful woman and if she ever got think she might leave him.
                            I remember my mom saying how my grandmother lover to dance, she would get such a gleam in her eye... but my grandfather refused to dance so she hardly ever got to dance...
                            (AT that point in my life I decided I would never be with someone who would not let me dance..unfortunately I have not always realized that until too late).. anyway excuse my ramble but your post just reminded my of how our families, parents, spouses, boyfriend, girlfriend can really not have our best interest at heart and not even realize it...

PF thinking of you today

Windy, MinStar, Brylady , Mightmite and all the rest of you have a great day

Happy birthday Greg and Bell!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie, thanks for sharing the story about your grandparents - what a perfect example.

I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Gregorino and Belle!

And way earlier - wickedmom "Lolab -- I just flew by the 8 week milestone! Today is day 58 for me! You are almost there!!! I think by your posts that we are in a similar “zone”. Right now there is nothing that would make me open up a bottle. The thought pops in from time to time, but it feels so good to drive by the liquor store knowing I will not be giving them any of my money today. The time is flying by and I feel stronger and more confident in everything I do. But I am also very sad when I remember how I was last year for the holidays, and the year before and the year before that, and on and on... I’m sad for how I was just this past summer. Family get-togethers, camping trips, kids activities, conversations with friends -- all just a blur because everything I did -- especially socially -- was always under the influence. Uggh. I NEVER want to subject myself or my family to that kind of abuse again. " wow, we can identify can't we? All I have to do is remember those camping moments - the same moments that you have and I also know I never want to go back. thanks. :-)
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie -- Very interesting story...Thanks for sharing that. Makes you wonder, doesn't it???

Steady Hands -- I read your story and felt really sad for you. Family means so much to us (usually no matter what). Keep listening to your inner voice and don't let them persuade you differently. It may take some time, but I bet if you stay the corse if will work out. Just take some time for yourself now...I had to move 2000 miles to get away from my family. and no matter what, I still miss them..and believe me, they could drag me down the rabbit hole one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X