Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav!
    How are you? I've been lurking, I just didn't know what to say because the modding didn't work. It happened so quickly! I saw myself going back to my old ways while still telling myself I was sophisticated enough to moderate. Crazy. I want to be sober and I really enjoyed my 30 days.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lPF-Here's a big hug for you my dear. I am so sorry about this job situation dragging out...I have been in a similar situation myself and it is terrible. And right before the holidays? Yikes, I feel for you. Sending you my good vibes today. Keep us posted and don't go there with the merlot/malbec...you know you will regret it in the morning and it will make things worse! Good luck today. As they say, this to shall pass.

:h
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooh hey Blondie and PF! Boy this thread moves fast!
        I think I will keep you guys in my pocket all day today!
        (my phone) it's really good to be in the nest.

I made a fresh pot Of coffee for everyone.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, good luck for today. Mine is coming to an end and has been a sober one I'm glad to say- the first step has been taken and I want it to be the last time I take a "first" step.

PF - I read over my posts to remind myself of when I was feeling really committed and it has put my head back in the right place. You are normally always so wise and determined, maybe that might help you if you are feeling a bit raw today. Good luck with the job.

Thanks Lav for the reminder that if I muck up this time it will get harder and harder, well it will because I will know I am just a quitter, so this time I am determined. I don't want to be a quitter, it doesn't suit me.

Wish everyone a great monday - goodnight for now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurse, great COFFEE! Fill me up to the brim...I've got one heck of a day ahead and need to re-fuel on caffeine...lol! Have a super SOBER day Nursie!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lilla, well done on your day of sobriety...doesn't it feel great? So weird that your day is ending and mine is just beginning. Pleasant dreams and look forward to waking up not hungover!

Comment

Newbies Nest

nollie;1212288 wrote:

I found it helps not to think you are giving up for good, but just getting through today with no AL. At times I've said 'I'm going to get through the next 15 minutes'. It helps, it really does. And I promise it gets easier.
                [COLOR]="Black"]This is EXACTLY what I keep in mind while trying to battle the beast and surf the urge......I love it when I read that people are doing the same thing I am!!![/COLOR]

=Steady Hands;1212330]

Today I'll be stronger tahn AL!!:groupluv:
                I love that saying....I had forgotten that line, thanks for posting.

Hello, and Good luck today to ALL the nesters, newbs and seasoned pros.......here's to hoping that someday, everyone will be a seasoned pro, and we shall slay the beast and cheer in unity hhhhhaaaaaaaaazzzzz
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. I am on day 10 AF now. I am so glad I reached out here, and thankful for the wonderful support. I am going to carry that thanks with me through Thanksgiving for strength! I am learning so much about my own little private hell that I have been putting myself and my family through. Have a great day everyone!
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning. My hubs has extra time left at the end of the year and is "around" this AM....I will try to check in later from work! Hang in there PrairieF....I will be checking in on you today and we'll all be right there in your head and your heart when you need us.....
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy -- I will be thinking about you today and the challenges you are facing. Stay strong. Remind yourself how drinking never solves anything, it only makes it worse. I am sorry that you are going though some tough times...Hang in there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All
                        Made trip OK ... on on my 12 day
                        Sat next to a man on the flight who had way too much AL... not pretty and smelly too
                        No time to read to day, hopefully tonight
                        Hope everyone in the nest had a good nights sleep and has a good day
                        Special thoughts for PF today and all her mates

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two things as I'm catching up right quick this morning....
                          Steady Hands...you are over the worst part, you just hang in there until Day 13 and you will have a major portion of the hurdle DONE and DONE! Something happens around D13 and you feel like maybe you CAN do this. Remember my Thanksgiving scenario...you can give in and be drunk until after the new year, or you can stick to your guns and be well on your way to feeling, looking, thinking and acting better. Stick with us, we'd NEVER let you down. Just get to Day 13 no matter what and no matter who....
                          Nursie, a big welcome bow to you! So glad you are here and trust me, you are NEVER alone here. Whateva story you got, one of us has one to tell you right back. May I say this with upmost reverance...you will never be indifferent to AL. Just as you'd never be indifferent to anything else that would kill you. AL is poison to us, because we don't have the off switch of when to say no. One glass isn't going to do any of us any good. So while I did say that, I WILL say this....there will be a day where you do have control of it. Control and indifference are 2 very different things. And by control, I mean there is only one way to stop drinking....and that is to stop drinking. But in this nest...we take it one minute at a time, one 15 minute chunk at a time...putting one foot in front of the other until it becomes just what we do. We do not drink no matter what. There are many of of here who will tell you that if we continued on the path we were on, it would have eventually taken our lives. I came here not caring if I lived or died...and rehab was my next stop. But the people here pulled me up, dusted me off, and gave me helpful support and friendships I will never forget. I am 10 months sober YESTERDAY!!! Something I never thought I'd be able to say....it seems like a dream, to finally be free of living in that dam bottle and the lies and sneaking around. Free at last...but I am never complacent. It could all start again tomorrow....and all I gotta do is take a drink for that to happen...and that scares me straight. Hop on up...we will give you all the help you want. Welcome, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - 10 months sober! Whoop whooop! You're an inspiration to us all - thank you x
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there

Day 2 here and boy its a busy thread.
                              PF best ..at least you have some good sober days behind you..I'm sure that will help.
                              I'm feeling much more ready for the day than I was yesterday..and what Blonde says is true...despite what I want to believe. Every time one returns to the sauce...is worse..and scary now for me too. I used to not be able to trust myself drinking...now its even worse...I've even driven drunk to get more wine...that I would never have done in tha past...too responsible. Its certainly a progressive affliction.

Have a wonderful day all. I think there may be 3 of us on day 2.

Soba

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hola - still nothing on the job front BUT some movement in the crapola with the Ex that *may* be positive, stuff with the SO - in the clear light of day/some sleep not so bad, and funny enough - I really do think so
                                Of that is the new Hypnos...adding the one about facing problems with a positive attitude, being in the moment and letting go of resentments - even if it's just been a few days - is helping I think. I am finding it easier to lay out what upsets me, forgive when upset, and move on. Yay!!!

Doesn't mean I didn't cry last night or keep waking up - just that the day did NOT feel insurmountable.

And that is a start.

Today is Day 26 - and I •will• be stronger than AL.
                                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X