Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US,

Wishing you all a happy and sober holiday. You are an inspiration to all of the rest of us in the run up to Christmas. You know you can all do it and by getting over these occasions, it only reinforces our willpower. You are all making me hungry for turkey now!! I'm on day 40 now, feeling good about it. It feels different this time, I'm not looking for a way out or considering modding, all thanks to you guys. Still, I can't take my eyes off the ball, I don't want to become complacent. Chat later and lots of love and light to you all xxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 14

Hi Nesters!

:welcome: Australia!

Started with L-glutamine 2 days ago and woke up nauseous? Probably detoxing...

Herbie - Good luck with your family!! I've found that after my tiff with my family I am quite glad that I don't have to adhere to all their wishes. If you rather want to be at home -I'll say GO HOME!!

MinStar - I read the Allan Carr on quit smoking :k and can just imagine how a quit drinking book sounds. The advertising now with Christmas coming up is overwhelming!! I used to love the series HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. Play it over and over on computer while I work... I am disgusted with the amount of bar scenes and AL in too many other situations. The whole series is full of AL!! I also liked HOUSE, but when I think about it, it is just an interesting story about an addict!

Wow - looking at life sober is different!

Have a great TG all American Nesters!!:happyheart:
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quiet here of course, I hope all the American Nesters come back with stories of how they stayed in control. Makes me panic a bit about Christmas, but then that is a month away, got all the end of year wind up's to get through first, one day at a time - I will keep reading the tools and positive posts over and over as I find that motivating. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all of us US folks
          Happy Thursday to everyone!

I'm posting early as it looks like a busy day.

Today is day 60. It's quite unbelievable to me. Nervousness about the holidays and facing them without alcohol has been replaced with a quiet confidence. I'm anxious to see how I feel at the end of the day. Thanksgiving is the 'warm-up' for me - a test but not the BIG one. So it's nice. I expect it to be eye opening and to give me some confidence without testing me too much. Christmas will be filled with much more stress and the 'holiday' will last longer so at least we'll have our Thanksgiving experience to look back on. And like byrdie says. The LAST thing I want to do is start that cycle again - especially now- because it will take on a life of its own - and before I know it the holidays will be gone and I won't even know what happened.

Hang on everyone! We can do it.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1214186 wrote: Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all of us US folks
            Happy Thursday to everyone!

I'm posting early as it looks like a busy day.

Today is day 60. It's quite unbelievable to me. Nervousness about the holidays and facing them without alcohol has been replaced with a quiet confidence. I'm anxious to see how I feel at the end of the day. Thanksgiving is the 'warm-up' for me - a test but not the BIG one. So it's nice. I expect it to be eye opening and to give me some confidence without testing me too much. Christmas will be filled with much more stress and the 'holiday' will last longer so at least we'll have our Thanksgiving experience to look back on. And like byrdie says. The LAST thing I want to do is start that cycle again - especially now- because it will take on a life of its own - and before I know it the holidays will be gone and I won't even know what happened.

Hang on everyone! We can do it.
            LolaB - woohoo for you - day 60 fantastic :goodjob:

Just checking in - internet been down for a couple of days and everything's moved on so quickly!

No time to read all at the mo but wanted to wish all in the US a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING :h

Bye for now - catch up soon. PS. feeling good this end
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Thanksgiving for some of us

Today is really just a Thursday & no need to drink ~ keep telling yourselves that
              I am technically celebrating on Saturday when I can get everyone here.

lola, congrats on your 60 AF days - great day to be grateful

I'll be around off & on today because I will be in my shop catching up on some work & that's a good thing!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!! Hope you are rising and shining today and will be doing the same tomorrow morning as we get through this holiday (the first sober TG for many of us in quite some time)!

LOLAB: A special mention to you for making it 60 days today, that is fantastic! Way to go girl! Celebrate with some pumpkin pie piled high with whipped cream....yummy!

As for me, I am at day 23 and Dec 1st is my 30 day mark...now it's looking more and more possible and the goal draws near. I'll admit, I had some waivering thoughts early this week of just drinking on TG (today) and then back on track, but you know what? I am excited for the challenge of getting through this holiday sober. I feel so good right now, why would I want to sabotage it? I don't want to start over, I want to stay on track. I don't want to wake up tomorrow feeling like shit. Brydie-Thanks for your reminder and it may not be a bad idea to repost the rabbit hole scenerio that you did earlier this month. I know it helped me and I'm sure it will help others. If I have time, I will go back and find it but I thought you might be the one to repost since it came straight from your heart. Bless you for all your encouragement on here and I hope you are having a beautiful TG day yourself!

Lav is right everyone...today is just a Thursday and not an excuse to drink. When offered a glass today, just remember this visual : Fast foward to a hangover. It helps me immensely. Also, someone said on here yesterday...there are many mornings that I regret drinking the night before but never a morning that I regret not drinking the night before. Remember this! Please please please I am begging everyone to stay strong and stick together. I know we are all going to be off in our own directions today outside of the nest but keep this special place close at heart, ok? I know I will.

Here's the attendance call...a big thanks to everyone here and best of luck today for those who will be facing the TG booze challange 2011...you can win, you know you can: Herbie, Lilla, PF, Nursie, BelleGirl, Minstar, Windy, Freefall, Soba, Inthelight, Nelz, Ronnie, Greg (haven't seen you around???), Noal, Nollie, Available, mrsg (contrats on your AL time!), boy, I am sure I am missing some peeps but you are all in my thoughts. Let's do it!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS, also Hi to Australia, MightyMight, SteadyHands, and all. Have a super sober day and happy TG for everyone who is celebrating our day of thanks! Peace to everyone.
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PPS, Nursie, that selzter comes pre-made...it's by a brand called Polar Seltzer and it comes in a variety of natural flavors...I scored some holiday ones recently, one of which is called Pumpkin spice. It's really tasty and I will be armed with it today instead of wine . If you can find it locally, it's worth trying. They also have an eggnog one which is pretty good too. No calories, carbs or artificial crap...it's just fizzy water with some essence of flavor in it and it's been a godsend to me lately as I'm not giving in to AL. Good luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whew - first test - passed - cooking early - SO was put in charge of party booze by our friend.

He was packing the box - I asked - is anyone but me drinking red wine? He said no.

I said - we talked about this - I promised myself I am not drinking for 30 days on my detox diet and those 30 days are not up. Please take the wine out of the bag as I don't need to face uneccessary temptation.

And he did.

Whew. And now I know the poison of choice is no longer on the menu.
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

AWESOME PF! Well done for standing your sober ground. No need for extra temptation of red wine being around. That's so great that you got rid of it. Enjoy the party...will be interesting to experience it sober I'm sure!

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow, wow WOW!

Extended family...

"who's visiting Mom at what time? Who's taking her dinner? everyone will like YOUR pie better - you should make it! What time are you going to be here? I don't feel like going there...what time are we going to be back home? Can I ride with you? No, I think I'd better drive... "

It's becoming clearer to me why I drank to get through this day....:H

only difference is now I can see that it didn't actually help and it wouldn't this year either...so I'm not going down that path - but can I just say ?

WOW!!!!!!
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating.

Lolab...CONGRATS on 60 days...you are AWESOME!:yay: Your last 2 posts really echoed what is on my mind today. Though we will not be dealing with extended family today so I will not be tested to the full degree. All I have to do is remember how I was last Thanksgiving and that will hopefully keep me grounded this year.

PF...great job keeping the red wine out of the bag. Red wine is my downfall also...love it. But will discourage hubby from opening any today. He's working tomorrow so maybe he won't think it is a big deal if we skip that. He has sinus headaches and thinks they are exacerbated by wine. I'll just tell him that there is a cold front coming and he might want to spare his sinuses...ha!

Herbie...hope things are better for you today. I am a homebody and really hate being away from home during the holidays. Happy Birthday to your Mom. My Mom is turning 80 next month. We shall be thankful that we still have our Moms.

And everyone else...I am so thankful to be here with you all. We will get through this day. Let's all be strong.

BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady, today is day 3 and almost 72 hours AF, I will continue to count the hours for a while yet, I used to have a glass of wine in my hand around the clock, so the hours are important to me. Is depression part of this, or is it because I keep waking in the miserable middle of the night. Otherwise I am actually feeling good about things, except I am hungery all the time. I am staying away from all temptation, but I have to go out tomorrow. My energy level was up, but now it is down again.
                              I look forward to celebrating my 30 days like PF, but it is a ways away. I did it before I can and will do it again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters-
                                Hope TG is going well for American Nesters.
                                Blondie- What a great post!
                                Well done LoLab- what an achievement! :goodjob:
                                D3 almost done for me. Horses- Keep at it! I read in Jason Vale yesterday that it can take 3-10 days for all the alcohol to leave our body. You probably are still getting the sugar lows and feeling depressed. I know after a night of drinking I really do feel depressed.
                                As for your energy levels- Mine are really low too-I think our bodies will take a bit of time readjusting to their normal start. are you taking Supps? Iron helps me alot. I also take Multivits- albeit not as much as i should.
                                I am also eating everything in sight. I guess readjusting takes energy. Keep eating! :l

Time to feed little one. Stay strong.:l

Comment

Working...
                                X