Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Brydlady.............thank you for an amazing post. Congrats to everyone that survived the day AF.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydie....sing it loud, baby!

I am so glad I finally learned to listen to the wisdom that you and Lav share here. This is my first sober Thanksgiving in a decade or two. Thank you.....

Way to go to all who made it through the day AF! It feels marvelous...doesn't it?
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: Nursie, Bellegirl, PF + Lolab!!

I'm proud of you guys!

Thx Birdie - Printed yor rabbit hole theory to add to my NO WAY papers - to take along on Dec holiday when internet is not close.
        12-20-2012 AF
        Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh wow! How great is it to hear all these positives, so proud of you all getting through - PF how exciting for tomorrow.... It's friday night here but keeping on track, about to have a nice glass of sparkling water I chilled ready - not into sweet drinks so nothing else non-alcoholic appeals really.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lilla;1214665 wrote: Oh wow! How great is it to hear all these positives, so proud of you all getting through - PF how exciting for tomorrow.... It's friday night here but keeping on track, about to have a nice glass of sparkling water I chilled ready - not into sweet drinks so nothing else non-alcoholic appeals really.
            hi lilla, are you in australia? ive been drinking mineral water all night too! im excited to be ending day 2
            :new:
            45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
            New day 1- 9 January !
            Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Made it though Thanksgiving and I am more than half way to my original goal of 100 days. Never, ever thought it was possible 3 months ago. Coming here and declaring my intentions for abstinence and being held accountable has made all the difference in the world to me.:thanks:

I have a confession to make -- Last night I wanted a glass of wine with dinner (just one?) and seriously I almost caved, but remembering my commitment and all of you here, made me put that thought aside. I really don't want to disappoint any one here as strange as that sounds. I don't know how I would tell you something like that. My promise is just that -- a promise -- and It means a lot to me. And having you there for me means a lot too. THANKS!!!

Which also reinforces how hard this is to control. Every day is a challenge -- Some are just easier than others and Thank goodness for the easier days.. Those are the days I get my arsenal ready for the bad days...So...for a while I guess it is definitely ODAT.

Last night was difficult I will not lie, but I held the line and today I am up at 5:30 (a.m.); hungover free, and that is better than any buzz I have ever had. I have 60 consecutive AL free days and I feel like I am gaining more control every day. I still have a long way to go, there is no kidding my self there. Sometimes it is challenging. Yesterday was a big challenge and it was hour by hour. Towards the end of the evening I noticed a few people with heavy eyes and loud voices and I was VERY glad it was not me. That was a NEW feeling. I could see the progression from a short moment of joy in the beginning to loud and mixed thoughts at the end. I also don't think anyone who was drinking was any happier than I was...And I know I am happier this morning.

I hope everyone here is happier today!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to you all,

I haven't had much time to post or read the last few days - its been stress city for me!!!
                But I just want to say ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC TO ALL OF YOU WHO RESISTED THE SAUCE ON SUCH A TRADITIONAL GETTING SMASHED DAY.. I'M SO IMPRESSED AND PROUD OF YOU ALL... REALLY REALLY. aND THOSE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT... WELL ITS ALL LEARNING..

I'm chugging along on day 5
                take care
                Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oz

Australia;1214699 wrote: hi lilla, are you in australia? ive been drinking mineral water all night too! im excited to be ending day 2
                  :new:
                  Hi I'm in Oz and in the chat room too.......anyone want to join me???

:welcome:
                  " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Nesters!!! Happy Black Friday to those in the States!

I won't be going near any malls today, no way. Glad to have a day off...yesterday was nice but rushed and glad it's over with! I stayed strong on the AL front and feeling good for it today. But man was it hard! It's pretty early in my sobriety and if I had my choice, I would have ditched TG altogether as the temptation to drink nearly drives one crazy if you are new to not drinking around the holidays. But I made it and onwards and upwards as they say!

Glad to hear so many other successes...you are all doing great! Have a nice weekend! Hubs and I may put up our Christmas tree today...it' a lovely day and we have the afternoon off together. Since I didn't cook a turkey yesterday, I have a nice little breast to put in the oven and we'll be having our own version of TG tonight (a low carb one...lol). Have a great day all and good luck to those of you who are taking advantage of the holiday sales today!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go everybody!!!!!

And a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Windy on 60 days!!!!! Niiiiice going partner.

I have a cute little girl that won't leave my side after being left Aline for most of yesterday (we she had her furry sister with her) but it's making it a little tough to type. :-)
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Unhung Black Friday :H

Wonderful to hear so many positive reports

I have to run, starting my day off with a trip to Curves
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav! Good luck with your dinner tomorrow, right? You must be busy. Good for you for fitting in Curves...I've never been to one but it seems like a good idea. We had one in town a few years ago but it closed. I get my exercise by lots of walking and then do strength exercises like abs, legs and arms every day. It's good to keep up at it. I really see a difference in my body in the short time I have stopped drinking and I know it will only get better.
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! I am starting on day 4, giving up on the hours, all I know is my last drink was at 1pm Monday Nov 21st. As I have said I had a glass of wine in my hand from the moment I woke, which could and normally would be 3 a.m. I used to drink alot of water at work, so now I have extended that at home. I slept later this morning which is a great sign, I do not feel the depression I felt yesterday, not sure about the hunger yet for I just had breakfast.
                            Congrats to all my American friends who made it through Turkey Day AF. This is going to be a difficult time for all of us, you know (Tiss the season)
                            As far as antidepressants, I agree to beware, I went on them when my Mom passed, not realizing what would happen, this was 3 years ago, and I never felt I needed off of them. Then I mentions to my Dr I was halucinating, and my body felt like I was hit by a steam roller. I hurt so bad there were times I could not go to work. He told me the medication could cause this and to wean myself. He gave me a note for work, but I still lost my job. I am still having halucinations, so all please beware if you are depressed. I still go through little bouts like yesterday. As far as my body hurting I gave not thought to it for I also have Rhumatoid Arthritist. Boy I am a mess, but I feel better these days, and have a positive mind about remaining AF. I want to see 30 days then 60 days and so. Eleta

Comment

Newbies Nest

Windy congrats on 60 days and what an awesome post! So true about seeing others getting heavy eyed and loud. I watched the same progression, and I also saw their kids watching them. I was happy I was sober and I could be 100% present with our kids.
                              To everyone else, great job!
                              And if you didn't make it, just get back in the nest where is warm. We will fluff you with our feathers.
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been off the wagon since late last week when I traveled to see family for Thanksgiving. I simply didn't prepare myself enough to say no to the first glass of wine that was offered, and it was all downhill from there.

I'm dusting myself off and jumping right back on this board. I hate day one, but it's the only way to day 30, day 100, or day 1,000. I'm going to give it 100 percent, and do what it takes to never be here starting over again.

My hat is off to those of you who made it through Thanksgiving without a drink. You were able to dig a little deeper than I was. I envy you that ... next time it will be me!
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X