Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,
    This thread has moved tons since this morning so I have only just whizzed through.
    Herbie, LoLab, blondie- thanks for the hello!
    Herbie- the book is still addictive! I cant wait to get into it every night. Just finished the Passive drinking chapter last night and looking forward to more.

I love reading and with all the drinking I was doing I passed out every night. I even went to the library today- to see what they had for babies and saw books I would like to read. I may start getting them out once I am done with JV. Any other inspiring books people can suggest please?

Congrats all on your milestones! And welcome oldies and newbies. I do believe the support here is second to none so welcome back and you are in a safe place.

Had the evil witching hour scare today. I am back home from my mums- which means I am am home alone with baby all day. She went to sleep after feed and bath. Dinner was mostly made and I thought of a glass of wine. I didnt act on it. Told myself to eat and eat. and then decide. Of course after eating it didn't cross my mind. However, i had a craving for chocolate- I NEVER crave it! I am a savoury loving person and unless pregnant (which there is NO chance I am) I do not crave choc. Well I had some and told myself it is better to crave that than alcohol.

Night night nesters, Stay safe. Stay strong

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for the welcome back. Scottish Lass, sooooo good to see you're back too. It feels like coming home - safe! I also bought myself a notebook computer as my old one has been out of action. I find I need access to MWO at all times. It is so easy to slip into old habits......
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I just became a member today. I posted on the Just Starting Out section about how I am just so tired of the way I've been leading the last 25 years of my life. Reading through the site, it seems like Newbies Nest is a place to start. There are too many posts to read all of this... so I'm just introducing myself. Hello and I am glad to be here.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!!!

I'm on my Day 1 again...had terrible "drinking week", lost my contactleanse (i have astigmatism, so i ordered them and have to wait), can' t see so much, didn' t go to exibition opening of my friend, was very bad hostess for my guests - my boyfr, afteriend's mum and husband etc. My boyfriend is drinking with me so i even don' t have to go out of home - he' s buying wine.. His mum knows that he' s alchoholic, now i think she knows that i am too:upset:
          I desparately want to stop!!!
          The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome back from all, and teh support - seems lilke there are a fair few starting over. It is witching hour for sure, so signing on quickly instead of standing looking down drain longingly - it was a good bottle of red wine (not a cheap one - tried spending more on wine to see if that would slow me down - nope!) that i threw down this morning, after the Baileys (winter treat) and champagne (left over from thanksgving) - i would do almost anything the get it back, and goodness knows why as I know I would drink the lot and feel miserable, just the way I was heading 24hrs ago!! NUTS!!! Day 1 will be done soon........I sense an early night coming soon...
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Martie, I just said hello to you on your thread - glad you found the nest
              Maybe when you are comfortable you can tell me where you are in PA - we could be neighbors :H

piper, so glad you are back too.
              Sorry about your dog, I know exactly what you are going through. Just had to put one of mine down a few days after Labor day. What can we do to help you get restarted?

MinStar, just keep ignoring those thoughts, you'll do just fine.

noal, I remember the 16 year old (know it all stage). My kids are both in their 30's now ~ it seems like a lifetime ago. We are good friends now so it is worth hanging in there!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Audrey - I just read your post -
                What is your plan?
                You say you want to stop, how are you going to do that?
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 is safely winding down... not too much of a struggle today.

Lolab- I love what you said about it getting easier or no one could stay sober. That makes sense and gives me hope.

Herbie- by coincidence I did start L-glut today - maybe that's why things seem a little easier today.

Prairie - I hope you have a chance to check in. Lots of us are pulling for you.

Off to make a cup of tea... I hope everyone has a good evening.
                  ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                  -----------------------------------
                  Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Martie! Glad you found the Nest! Get comfortable, it's a cozy place to be.

Welcome back to Scottish Lass! The important thing is that you are HERE. Hang in there, your AF days will start adding up again and you'll feel better by tomorrow. Just get through day 1, you can do it!

Piper, I was so sorry to read about your dog's disease. I had a St. Bernard who I lost to Bone cancer several years ago and I'm still getting over it. But I found solace in the fact that she is no longer suffering. Peace and sympathy to you in your time of loss. Dogs are such a big part of our lives, it's like loosing a close relative. We adopted a dog just a few days after our Saint passed. Some people wait but for us, it helped relieve the pain of loosing her, and also gave another dog (the one in my avatar), a very good home as she was rescued from the streets. Blessings to you.

Minstar, well done on kicking that AL craving. You deserve a piece of chocolate dearie...make it a good one. I like mine extra dark

It's good to see some new faces as well as those who have been around a while and beating this thing...we can do it! Have a great night all and keep close to the Nest, no matter what or who!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am tired - but today I was stronger than AL

So - time's up.

BUT...I have 90 days to look for something - so it's not the end of the world. Just time to get the proverbial ass in the proverbial gear.

But not having slept last night, being super keyed up and not trying to show it, and having to maintain a professional presence all day despite everything - well - I'm wiped out.

I had to get some comfort food at the store. The healthy stuff was not going to cut it tonight. In the past - with something this bad - I'd get crappy comfort food and a big honking' bottle of wine and off to la la land. But we know where that would take us right?

I actually caught my cart turning toward the wine aisle on auto pilot...I made a U-Turn - kind of frightened the guy next to me by muttering "Oh NO YOU DON"T" - and took the long way to the comfort food.

So - while I would normally hang out and talk to ya'll - I'm feeling exhausted, beat up, and altogether sucked dry. I am supplemented up so there is no danger of me going to find some vino. I don't want any. I'm just utterly and completely spent.

Day 33 - Exhausted. Whipped. Under the old days rules - I'd be pickled and on my chaise lounge...I'll be Hypno'ed and Sleep Learned into oblivion instead.

I may be knackered. I may be spent. But today I drug myself over the finish line. And I was enough. Today I was stronger than AL.
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

You show incredible resilience, Prairie. Reading your posts every day I see you get stronger and stronger. Something good is going to come your way... I can just feel it!
                        ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                        -----------------------------------
                        Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Prairie
                          Welcome Martie

At the end of Dau 2 and feeling sad that I have let my life get like this. Im overweight I cant believe i have let myslef go

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie, my friend...you are an amazing and strong person. I pity that demon if he tries to mess with you. You sound great and even victorious. With a 'tude like yours you will surely find another job. More importantly, you are taking good care of you in a healthy way. I wish you a peaceful night of well earned sleep and a fresh outlook tomorrow.:applaud:
                            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 of Round 2 has been pretty easy. I knew I wasn't going to drink today, because that wine did nothing for me last night except made my brain feel like mashed potatoes for a short while. Got my butt velcro super-glued on and hangin' out here.
                              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF you must feel proud of yourself tonight.. with the day you had and you did not go for the wine... you are on your way the sky is the limit and I have a feeling only good things will come your way

I am pooped too, been on the phone all day very exhausting business today, I feel it in my neck and shoulders... I hurt from the tension.. but not going for the vino... and not really wanting any.. I think the supps have really helped. just starting the hypno CDs maybe they have helped too and just don't realize it.

MYA.. don't be hard on yourself .. you found this place you are at the end of day 2 and just look forward ... can't do anything about the past but you can do something about today and you are doing it.

Belle Girl great attitude .. as my dad use to say... if you fall off your horse get right back on..

To all the rest of you.. we are all safe in the nest tonight and I wish you all a good nights sleep.. I get so much strength from all your post

nighty night

Comment

Working...
                                X