Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All! Thanks for the 30 day wishes! Had a great but busy day and now ready to relax. Back to work tomorrow, which starts my 5 day work week. Hope you all had a great day. Loved wearing my 30 day hat
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you byrdie windy and everyone else!

The posts today are very inspiring. :-)

A quick check in tonight to say hang tough everyone. I was ready to run some errands earlier and the first thought that popped into my head was "hurry and get it done before you start drinking" and tonight I found an empty glass hidden behind something on a shelf in the kitchen. It most likely held vodka that has since evaporated... Must have been too drunk to remember where that one was a few months back.

I've taken my natural calm- I'm trying another night of just that- wish me luck! I'm going to get some reading in.
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters!

Just doing a fly by to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Hope your weekend plans are set for success

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looks like I am going to make it another night. It's been hard though. Every time I think of getting wine, I remember Zack and how sad and awful I felt when the numbness wore off.

Good night everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day winding down... thought I was done with work stuff but more stuff popped up after I was on here last and it has been nuts for the last several hours... I have had it!!!! BUT NO WINE!!! I am hooked on Costco Diet Green Ice Tea... at night I must drink 3 sometimes 4 ... going to read more Jason Vale tonight and put my hpyno CD and try the Natural Calm...

Andrew AL is a nasty beast ... I have only been around here less than 25 days so I am no expert on things, but all the post offer what has worked for others ... for myself, once I made up my mind I ordered the vitamin supps recommended on the site for the first 6 weeks... I have not gone for the RX drugs recommended on the site... I think one of the reasons I have been able to stop my nightly wine consumption is tied to the nutritional component of this program... PF has great posts on the vitamin supps.. the L Glut is a big one... Check out the tools section of the site that will help too.. I have also ordered the hypno CDs not sure if those are working but can't say they aren't.. and I have been reading ... but coming to the nest every morning and night have been the biggest thing for me... it gives me something to look forward to.. so see how everyone is doing.. sharing how we are struggling and succeeding ... knowing the nest cares about you and wants you no matter what

You sound like you have so much going for you, job, family etc it is all worth the fight to beat the devil... When I first started on here PF was ready to eat the carpet ... look at her now.. You can do it Andrew..

Just coming here and posting everyday will help .... it private and safe and full of support

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, its so nice to read what you all have been up to, such a busy place. I must say I have been keeping my socializing to a minimum as it is taking all my energy just to fight this without anyone elses influence tellimg me its OK to just have a drink and im not fun if I dont, well its not fun for me if I do, this is my 9th AF night and being Friday here, its hard, end of a busy week, you think u deserve it, etc etc. im just riding it out and looking forward to tomorrow. Can anyone recommend some hilarious movies, tv shows? i find these to be great 'medicine'. thanks for everyones support, you such an awesome community of people!
              45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
              New day 1- 9 January !
              Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper, I just lost my beautiful 13 year old dog 3 weeks ago and it is horrible, she was my best friend, my baby and constant companion with a heart of gold, she can never be replaced and I wouldnt even want to. I am using her strength and love to get through this, I think she'd be proud of me. I really feel for you on this issue
                New day 1- 9 January !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, A quick check in. Day 11 for me! Hope my fellow Day 11-ers are holding strong.

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

I'm up early on a Friday morning - mostly due to my husbands snoring!

I hope everyone has a fantastic AF day. Minstar - good job on Day 11!

Australia and Piper - I lost my 17 year old doggie last year. I can so relate - I still miss him so much but drinking doesn't make it any easier only worse.

Wishing everyone fantastic AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good job min star! day 9 for me
                      New day 1- 9 January !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Australia;1219012 wrote: Piper, I just lost my beautiful 13 year old dog 3 weeks ago and it is horrible, she was my best friend, my baby and constant companion with a heart of gold, she can never be replaced and I wouldnt even want to. I am using her strength and love to get through this, I think she'd be proud of me. I really feel for you on this issue
                        Thank you for your post. I am struggling bad. It would be worse though if I were drinking. Maybe in his passing he saved my life?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon everyone,

Andrew from Ireland, I'm Irish too and also in my 30's and I know how bloody tough it is to have a drink problem in Ireland. What has struck me with your posts is your questioning of why you have this problem. All I can say is that there is no point questioning why, it is what it is. You have many wonderful things in your life, yet alcohol has so much control. You know its like this for all of us and its crap. What you are going through is a feeling of grief that you can't or shouldn't drink anymore. We all have gone or are going through that stage. I guess I'm still going through it a little. It's all part of this awful affliction. like you I have many wonderful people in my life, yet alcohol had a powerful hold on me. I am the only person who really knew what AL was doing to me. I really feel for you re the suicidal thoughts and having gone through depression I would strongly advise you to see the doc. Maybe you need a bit of help at this stage. I'm nearly 50 days AF and it can still be difficult at times BUT it does get a lot easier with a number of days under your belt. Its also a difficult time of year for us all but it just means we have to pull together even more. My father is a terible alcoholic and I guess that was the main catalyst for me to stop drinking. While my problem is "mild" in comparison to many, it is still a problem and I don't want my kids to ever be affected by AL like I was as a kid. they have no idea thankfully and I never want them too. As a fellow parent, try to use that as a motivator. You CAN do this as all of us are. You sound wonderful and you seem to have lived a very full life and you know what, you life will be all the better for giving up AL. Well done for facing up to your problem. We are all here for you. Blondie, belated greeting on your 30 DAYS, I never doubted you'd do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning gang!

Happy Friday to all. I know this is a tough day for most, as Friday signifies the end of the work week and the launch of the weekend. (Not for me though as this is my "Monday" since I work today through to Tuesday but hey, that's retail!). Stay strong tonight everyone and come on here to be here for one another. Use MWO for the strategic tool that you need to get through the day sober, ok?

Minstar-well done on 11 days! Keep going girl!

Thanks Mrsg, for the congrats on my milestone 30 days yesterday. I wish you all the best in those getting to your goals, whether it be 1 day, 7 days, 30 days or a lifetime! We can do this!!!

Have a lovely day all! A bit chillier this morning but still no snow. Flowers were still blooming in my garden yesterday...unheard of in December unless I was just too drunk to notice them before??? Anyway, I'll take this weather over what we usually get this time of year as I know it won't last.

Hi to all and be well!
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS, Scottish Lass, well done on your AF days! I know it is hard to think of a lifetime without having a glass of wine, but just take it ODAT and get through just TODAY. Be good to yourself and stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Australia -- Great idea for funny shows. One of my favorite to watch is "That 70's Show". I can really relate to it as it is my time-frame, but kids in their teens like it here too. Movies recently released on DVD that are really good and funny are "Crazy, Stupid Love" and "Bad Bosses". Bad Bosses is definitely not appropriate for small children. Stay strong over the weekend. Will this be your second one?

Herbie -- I really like the diet green tea too and I sometimes mix it with reduced sugar lemonade.

Msrg -- I can relate to so much of what you said. Especially about the kids. It really is important to set good examples. Good advise for Andrew too.

Have an extreme headache so not too lively myself this morning. Have wonderful days everyone.

ta ta for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X