Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I always enjoying popping back into the nest to see how all of you are doing. It makes me so happy to see how strong so many of you are getting. Being AF is like getting a whole new life!

Interesting convo here....Nelz and Barbara1234.... Once I got into the zone where I was sick of being sick and worried sick about what Al was doing to my health...it was the bottom line that finally helped tipped the balance toward quitting altogether.

On Day Two, I took out my calculator and did some basic math. I was spending $22 a day on beer or wine plus smokes!

22 x 365 = 8030

Talk about sobering!

I try NOT to think about all that was wasted over the years because there's nothing I can do to bring that back. Instead, I am staying focused on using that money now for my family and for my community.

I actually set up a special savings account online at my bank and have been depositing my former daily drinking/smoking expenses. I am saving for a spectacular family vacation in June. And this February....my husband and I are going on a cruise. I'm upgrading to a BALCONY thanks to my AF savings account.

And I have so much more of my most valuable personal resources: my mind and my time. I'm so thrilled to be using those assets to make a difference again every day.

From what I've learned about Al and the brain....it's important to create NEW pleasure pathways in the gray matter. AND....every time we make it successfully through a challenge....or a trigger point....we achieve something great...something to be proud of.

Lav's is so right about getting that attitude of gratitude. It is so healing...for the brain....and the soul.
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just off to our Christmas Party. 29 days AF and praying that I don't get tempted.

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY -

My custom subliminals came today - so I have 5 new (+1 gift) cd's to load to my iPod/iPhone to listen to that will trigger the subliminal cues implanted at night on my hypnos...

Which is great - because the more I want to listen to them - the more I feel calmer...the two nights before last - I watched more television and fallen asleep without my Hypno's - felt tense and more likely to drink both next days. Last night - even with the SO here - I told him I *had* to do my Hynpno as I was stressed...I just waited till he was almost asleep...then let it go and ran the sleep learning one all night after it... funny enough - he had the best night sleep he had in forever. Not because of the subliminal script cues so much - but because the sleep learning tells you to stay asleep as long as you need to to be healthy. Normally he's up with the chickens even when exhausted - this morning - he got up when I did but went back to bed when I left....NEVER ever happens.

So - hoping to play the heck out of these things - because they really do destress me and I'm really feeling like modding and I know that would be a terrible thing...
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Prairie Fairy,

I love my subliminal CD's. Which ones did you get? Are they available to anyone? Where do I order?
          They have truly saved my life. I sleep with one of them on every night and I sleep 6-7 hrs. every night as opposed to 3-4 hours per night when I was drinking.
          The sleep alone is worth giving up the booze.
          THOUGHTS become THINGS
          choose the GOOD
          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Turnagain;1219876]I always enjoying popping back into the nest to see how all of you are doing. It makes me so happy to see how strong so many of you are getting. Being AF is like getting a whole new life!

Interesting convo here....Nelz and Barbara1234.... Once I got into the zone where I was sick of being sick and worried sick about what Al was doing to my health...it was the bottom line that finally helped tipped the balance toward quitting altogether.

On Day Two, I took out my calculator and did some basic math. I was spending $22 a day on beer or wine plus smokes!

Good for you Turnagain. Yikes on the money lost right? I can't beat myself up about it either.
            Have a wonderful time on your cruise in your balcony room. You have definitely earned it!
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

to see The ToDoInstitute is helping some folks here ~ love that place!

timpin, I hope you are going to your party with more than a wish tonight! Hope you have a solid plan in your pocket to make an early exit before you fall out of the nest!

Hi barbara & Turn! Nice to see you here as always

I said I was going to work all day & that's exactly what I'm doing. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Barbara -

I like the Total Abistence Subliminals designed for MWO and I have a HUGE hypno library to compare it to. If you just want the Abs Submiminals with the MWO script - you go direct to the Hypnotists website (hypnotictapes.com) and order it there. You can ask for his catalog of music - so you can have the MWO Abs script set to just about anything - as long as you like it - you listen more and you reinforce more.

I did a a custom hypno mix with things that would help reinforce good Abs habits - liked it enough to have additional 5 subliminals run. When I am religious about using - I feel much more upbeat and steady about not slipping into Modding - when I take one or two days off for some reason - I start to have more issues. I have to really embed this, trying to do this at the holidays is tough, and I need to be more. Igilant about doing this.
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you! I will check it out this afternoon.
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So just popping back on, a couple of reason, one I am bored, got to go for our duty walk, well my dogs anyway. The next is to see how everyone is doing this afternoon.
                    Birdie, I so look forward to Day 13, that number has brought some good things and some bad. So I know it will bring a whole new out look for me. And my poor puppy will not be looking at me as if I have lost my head. I really do hate being so bitchy. Only a few more hours YEAAA.

Barb, how wonderful to be 6 Mos AF, I made it to 3 months a few years ago, but I was living with a very negative influence. He is no longer with me, and this is my choice for me. I want a healthy life and to spend the rest of my 50's AF, lets put it this way, I am closer to the end of the 50's than the beginning. Funny how life just flies by.

Timpin,We are all rootin for you, you can do it. We want to hear all about it tomorrow.

Lifechange, What I did was put Newbies Nest on my Favorites, so it goes right to it, mind this site moves so quick you have to remember where you left off, but it also allows you to go back and re-read posts. I wish everyone a wonderful nite, catch up to all tomorrow, take care. Enjoy an AF evening

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Barbara for checking in , its great to hear your insights and makes me feel OK about not socializing just for now while i get this thing sorted out!
                      45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                      New day 1- 9 January !
                      Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Choices choices choices

On my way into one of my favorite Italian places and want a Sangiovese

Breathe blue air in - red air out....
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it thru Friday, went to bed at 8pm to avoid the temptation! Couldn't sleep thou. Got a phone call to let me know my landlord is short selling what i consider my home. Have only been here a year after leaving my marriage/relationship of 21 years. I have two small girls and the thought of uprooting them again when they just seemed to get settled is so hard. I hope I can find anpother home - my girls have a cat each for comapny, and two place I have contacted today say no pets - there is no way they can give up their cats!!
                          Went to do a little Christmas shopping - went to two favourite stores (Trader Joes and Cost Plus) and it was an enorompus effort not to get something to drown my sorrows. Girls are with their dad this weekend, realtor is on his way to take photos to sell my little home, and I am lonely and sad.....reading posts to knock some sense into me!!!
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

SL, I'm so sorry to hear what you're having to deal with right now. Just remember that your hangover will make things all that much worse in the long run. Dealing with things when you are rested and have a clear mind makes problems easier in the long run. NOT WORTH getting into the drinking rut again. Things have a way of working out even when you can't see a solution in sight.

Take a nice long hot bath, light some candles, put your most comfy jammies on, snuggle up with a book or good movie. Or, make cookies - something fun with your girls. They need a sober mommy.

Stay strong. Sending you big hugs, peace and strength.

:l:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Got room for one more? Tried a bit of modding. OK for a little bit but soon descended. Spent most time AF but ended up sinking 2 bottles of vino yesterday. Yuk! So, back on day 1. Gonna stick around and post a bit this time. Keep me on the straight & narrow I hope. Pass the butt velcro please......

FF
                              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi SL,
                                I am usually on the mod site but do lurk from time to time on these sites as well. I saw your post and I just simply wanted to say how sorry I am that you have to uproot your girls and move them elsewhere. I truly hope it all works out well for you and your girls. I know what it means to be uprooted. My hubby is in the military and we did it all the time. It isn't easy but I want you to know as long as you are strong for your kids and they know they are loved and cared for and they have nothing to worry about, it will all be fine. I never let my kids know how stressful things could be or really was. I believe in keeping the hard times away from them. They do not need to know the cold, hard truth. Our oldest is now married and has a very good job, our middle is in a great job and enjoying life with his long time girlfriend and our youngest is a sophomore in a very respected university. I know it is going to be so difficult, especially with the holidays coming but please stay on this site and seek help and advice as you need it. I truly wish you the very best. :h
                                "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                                X