Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Aubrey.. x post... one thing for sure, change is always hard in a relationship... especially when you have been drinking bud's and then you stop drinking... it takes time for adjustment.. you are doing great, keep remembering your goal of getting through the day AF!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Nesters!

Wow, busy morning here so far! And I thought I was being an early bird!

Hi Piper! You had a question about the december threads. I joined the AF for December thread posted by DriftyAlison in the General Discussion forum last night. I saw you on that one. The other one that I know of is is the Monthly Abstinence section (if you scroll down a bit in the forum sections you will see it) and there is a December Diligence thread going for the month. Hope that helps and hope to see you around them!

Where's my lovely Lolab this morning? You are always so kind and cheerful...look forward to seeing your posts! Hope you are off to a great start of this beautiful day!

Waking up to sunshine BUT boy is it windy out there! The windows are ratteling it's so darn windy. Cold too, finally feels like winter! We were supposed to get snow today but it's too sunny for that. Although secretly I was hoping to see a dusty of white stuff out there . I know I know, I'll be eating my words before too long!

Well done AUDREY for your strength on saying no to the BF on the wine question. You should be proud. Great job on 4 days! It only get better from here on out!

Irie-Another victory for you in not bringing the "guest" meaning bottle of wine to your hotel room last night. Way to go! I once had a job where I had to travel overnight a lot and I always managed to get drunk at the hotel bar or order room service and have wine delivered. Your resovle is admirational!

MyLife, I had written about the feeling of waking up sober compared to winning the lottery but those words were inspired by the beloved ChillGirl, who said something similar last month and it really struck a cord with me! It is so true...every morning that I wake up sober, I count my lucky stars. It still takes me a moment to realize I am not hungover...it's like, "pinch me", is this for real? Because decades of mornings spent hungover are still vivid in my mind. Hell no is for sure when it comes to voluntarily bringing that shit back into my world!

Herbie! 28 days! Kudos to you! Reminds me of that movie with Sandra Bullock...28 days, remember that one? I could so relate to that movie and yet another reminder of how bad it could get with AL addiction. I loved how strong she was at the end where her BF was trying to coax her into a restaurant with all of her old drinking buddies and she ran out to the alley way and told him to get lost. Sometimes we all need to find that alley way as a means to escape and not put us in harm's way if AL is free flowing. A lesson we can all remember!

I love black labs too Herbie, and I also have a bit of a psycho doggie on my hands in Coco. Since she is part Jack Russell, she is a bit hyper and can bounce off the wall sometimes. We must be sure she gets plenty of walks each day to ensure that this does not happen .

PS, Herbie, have a lovely time at that Monet exhibit. I'm sure you on well on your way right now and I look forward to hearing all about it tonight! I love the Impressionist style of art. So beautiful.

If Dreams, 17 days, yahhhoooo! You are doing great! Glad you are here in our Nest family. Keep up the good work, it is sooooo worth it. Right everyone?

Be good to yourself, make good choices and have a super day! Hi to all checking in this morning and rollcall to the fabulous other Nesters that make this place a wonderful place to be: Lav, Belle, PF (where are you...did I miss a post by you girl?), Minstar (please check in!!!), Windy, Brydie, Lolab, Steady, Australia, Timpin, et all. Sorry if I missed anyone but if I go back and check I will prolly loose this very LONG greeting. Be well everyone!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande- thanks for the reminder about the toolbox, good idea for anyone to revisit
        Audrey- good job on resisting! But be difficult with your bf
        Piper - sorry to hear about your daughters phone call, glad u stayed strong
        Blonde- your matching coat with your dog is sooooo cute! How totally fun!
        If dreams- glad to hear it's getting easier ! I'm day 16 in the am in a few hours.
        Herbie- have a great time at monet- we have a big Picasso exhibit on here which I'm dying to see soon
        Everyone else- stay strong- you can do it!
        I've had 2 major temptations this week, first was the early Xmas gift of a bottle of champagne, second an old friend invited me for a glass of wine specifically, I said I preferred lunch and he was insistent that we have a glass of wine together at night. I'll just have to ket him think I'm boring as I just can't go there.
        45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
        New day 1- 9 January !
        Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning! Thanks for wondering about me Blondie...:l I'm trying to do a little online shopping this AM - while I have the computer to myself :-) but I'll be back!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

I'm seeing sunshine which is nice after yesterday's drenching!!!!

I'm seeing a lot of gratitude here
            Every day is a gift & we should make the most of it AF. I love the freedom to come & go as I please & be totally present in every way.

Have a terrific AF Thursday one & all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LolaB - Thank god for online shopping- you beat the crowds, don't have to carry anything and they have a better selection!
              45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
              New day 1- 9 January !
              Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie and Australia -- I've been to both the monet and picasso exhibits and they are awesome. We have the Rembrant exhibit right now and I am sure we will go visit that over the holiday. I love to get a poster or two in the gift shop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 AF

Good morning all... Just a reminder to those that want to stop, I was up to a gallon of rum a day. some serious drinking problem. I am on Day 9 I feel awful but trying to make it through since I know it just gets better..

Comment

Newbies Nest

AGUY, you are doing just Awesome!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you to quit after that amount of AL daily. You deserve a big reward...and that will be how great you feel after giving up the AL for good. Keep going, make the 30 AF days at the very least. Someone promised me that it would get better and it has! It will get better for you too if you hold on to your committment...I promise!:l
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie, that is one adorable pup you have. My pug (not the one pictured...someday I will change my avatar to her pic) is a 3 yr old rescue. We have only had her 3 months and we can't even begin to imagine life without her. My husband (who has never had a dog before) usually comes home very late from work and the dog is usually the only one waiting for him. They have bonded quite well over watching late night hockey replays.

BlondeAF, love the matching coats. My dog has a pink raincoat and a sweater with pink hearts on it. It is amazing how many smiles I get from folks when they see her. I am thinking about boots for her, but wondering how she will take to them. She hates getting her paws wet, and yesterday was horrible around here. She did her "duty" in record time last night.

Hello to all. Sounds like there is a lot of ongoing success and hard work out there.:thumbs:
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guy

So glad you made it through to day 9. You are doing so well ! It's going to take a while to get all of that Rum out of your system so hang in there. So pleased everyone is doing so well. I reached day 34 today and no cravings for AL at all. I am sure the Campral is helping but no feelings of craving at all this week. Now looking forward to my first AL free Christmas and really looking forward to the challenge of New Years Eve when the booze will be flowing and I'll be drinking my fruit sodas !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello friends,

I haven't checked in in a while, but I have been reading daily. I am now on my 27th day AF. My goal now is to not get too complacent.

I love the expression about waking up sober like winning the lottery! Boy is that the truth!

Aguy, awesome determination. I'm sure you will start feeling better one of these days, and it will be so rewarding. You deserve this thing that you are fighting so hard for!
                          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters
                            :O) Am not posting but have popped in and out and read here and there.. I am still AF around 14-15 days! Going to finally go back a few pages and read some old posts. Things are going good- had one of the worst days today where I have lost everything.. EVERYTHING on my computer. Have had a complete new hard drive installed but not retrieved any of my old data. Includes all my babies first pictures. I am devastated to say the least. Would normally get a drink in but other than a few fleeting thoughts I have not. In fact, am sitting her with sparkling water whilst my sister has a glass of red. Kindly declined her offer! Anyhooooo back to the other pages!
                            Hope everyone is well.
                            xx

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1221181 wrote: Ok people checking in... Where's prairie? And minstar? Martie? Daisy? Mya? And of course Greg?
                              I'm here!!! Sorry been busy at my mum's and not had a chance to post. Late night readings of posts though - has kept me going whilst I am here. I left my JV book at home but am glad to say I am feeling strong still- post earlier if you want to read a bit more

How are you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm ok minstar thanks
                                Busy day
                                I am so sorry about your comPuter... That's terrible. We lost our motherboard a couple years ago and someone was able to recover at least some of the photos - I wish you luck!
                                Having a tough time with a teen at the moment
                                Oh great job on not drinking! I'm not going to either then there would be two of us acting like immature brats grrrr
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X