Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lola, it's amazing to me when I read a post like this and it mirrors my own experience virtually 100%. I guess we're just not all that different. I honestly could have written this.

Thank you for writing it - when we read someone's story and can relate to such a high degree, it gives us more strength........we say to ourselves, "Yep, that's exactly how it was for me too and it's all the more reason to stay on the sobriety course because this person has described the truth."

Beautifully written - thank you again.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

First, Windy - what's up girl? Is everything ok?

Prairie - I ordered a sleep hypno cd from the James guy's site. I'll let you know when it arrives and if it works for me! I'm trying that first as I don't know how I'd be with taking the time to listen during the day.

Freefly - how are you doing? I was ready to write that you haven't been here lately but then I see that it was just yesterday - haha! So many posts between then and now! did you get a solid plan?

Daisy- I hope the show goes well! Wish I could see your creation.

Scottishlass - determined...that's what you should change your mood to...you definitely sound it. I hope lthe sleep works out for you too

Herbie it's crazy isn't it? I try to find my last postand catch up from there - but it sometimes messes with my brain...:H But to tell you the truth, when there is a post that addresses me personally? It warms me up...makes me feel accountable - it makes it personal. So I try so hard to at least occasionally make it personal to myfriends in the nest. It might help them,but it definitely helps me...with the sense of belonging and accountability. :l

Bamajohn - 4 weeks sober is an AMAZING start! It is funny how you relate to people you don't even really know,isn't it?

Tut - thanks for sharing the story about your husband...MWO will be super important but having your husband "in" on what is going on will be an extra added boost.

wicked, I hope you're feeling better. I really appreciate your posting about your feelings. Since you are a bit ahead of me, I kind of look to people to "know" what to expect. It helps me so much. I don't think it's surprising that you felt a let down - after all we aren't "amazed" any more that we can do it - but we aren't yet completely "used to" being out and about without alcohol. We're still seeing these social gatherings in a new light and without the fog of alcohol. It won't be all sparkly and fun as we "remember" it to be in the past.

steady - your post made me laugh...I couldn't get the image out of my mind... http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...3cOPXtG6ol3VyK sorry, I don't know how to put the actual photo in my post.

I know what you mean about sometimes just needing to get things out. I usually don't even realize it until the words are being typed on the screen.

Australia, great job - you will be at 30 days before you know it!

timpin, at 39 days and noal 58 today - thanks for checking in! There is so much success here!

Piper, I really love hearing you so upbeat. to look at your posts from a couple weeks ago and compare to now - it's just amazing how getting alcohol out of your life can make such a huge difference.

Blondie, how did the birthday luncheon go?

Hi Lukalee - I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Greg, it's wonderul to see regular posts from you again...:l

minstar, fantastic - on refusing that sip....it's gotta be tempting! but we all know that might be all it takes.

Hi Byrdie, and lav! Byrdie, that is just so wonderful about your award... such a shining example of what we can accomplish without alcohol sticking it's nose in our business.:h

Andrew I will be - and I know everyone else too - sending you so much strength for the lunch and party today - I agree that playing it by ear might be a bit risky - as flyaway said.

And speaking of flyaway - LOVE that story! But gosh, it sounds like some parties I've been to only I was one of the ones acting ridiculous,.... PLUS, I was interested hearing about how you caved in your mind. the whole scenario showed what everybody has been telling us - about sometimes just waiting it out for a little while to see how you feel about drinking...I think that more often than not, that irresistible urge passes.

Ruinator - no fair! You're making it look too easy! :H Fantastic job - those are the hardest days in my opinion.

pssssst.....Unwasted - is today day 30??????? yea! :clapclap:
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank YOU unwasted! And lukalee - sounds like a good sign - lots of healing going on?
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
          Today is day 60 for me!!!!!, I'm very happy but I don't believe I'd have done it without help from all of you, Thank you. Silly Season is here though and we all need to be on high alert. I just started reading the Jason Vale book, very good so far. My plan is to read it all before Christmas to give me extra strength. Lolab, great post, it could be me too. Have a great day everyone xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

HOW do y'all send a shout out to everyone?!

I am NOT that talented.

Having a massively CRAPOLA day. Major world class fight with the SO and I am totally depressed. Between this and the work sitch - I'd like to go back to bed and cry. I don't have that option so I am going to try to contain a panic attack as well as I can.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande--yes, pretty much was the party from hell! It was interesting for me to sit back and watch everyone but me drink and drink and drink and then watch how they acted. And I kept wondering what was fun about taking a drug that makes you not act like yourself and makes you do embarrassing things? These same 12 people would be horrified at the idea of sitting at a table and passing a crack pipe around, yet that was essentially what they were doing. People don't consider alcohol to be a drug like crack or heroin, but in my mind it's the same thing, only legal.

Lola--Interesting read. I've done a lot of soul searching too. I lost my dad when I was 16 and feel like my life began a downward spiral then too. You reach for alcohol to numb the pain, but the truth is that alcohol only delays the pain. The pain and trouble doesn't go away; it will still be there waiting for you once you get sober. :l

Lukalee--Congrats on day 4!

Unwasted--Is today your 30th day sober?

Mrsg--Congratulations to you! Two months down! I loved the Jason Vale book. I think I need to reread it. It eliminated my cravings for 2 months but now I'm finding myself starting to think about drinking again.

PF--Sorry you're having such a bad day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fly Away, yes it is 30 days for me. Thanks!! SOOOOO HAPPY. FEEL WONDERFUL.

PF, really sorry that you're having a bad time right now. Sucks, I know. But, one thing you can be sure of..........things will change.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

Unwasted - Congratulations on Day 30!!! You have been a real inspiration to me and your posts are always so thoughtful. :goodjob:

Lola, I loved your post as well!

FlyAway - can't wait to read about the Christmas party! I'm going over there next!!

MSRG - Congratulations on 60 Days!! Woohoo!! Right before Christmas too. Must feel great! :goodjob:

PF - sorry to hear about your day. Hang in and remember "this too shall pass".... :l

Have a fantastic AF day everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much ML. Nice to be on this journey with you and all the other supportive people here.:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey unwasted I congratulated you above but doesn't surprise me if you stopped reading before then LOL! So congratulations on your 30 days!!!
                      ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Unwasted!!! I hope you stick around because you are a great contributor!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today I am really really down. This failing to mod and hurting people has me really devastated.

I am crushed actually. I know this is part of the process of coming to terms with a new way of living - but I don't think I have ever felt so worthless and alone.

I am heartbroken.

I should be channeling this into something positive but right now - I just plain want to cry.
                          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy--Is your drinking the reason that you were fighting with your SO? Things get a lot easier when you stop trying to moderate. No more rules about how much and when you can drink. Can you imagine a heroin addict saying that he'll only shoot up on the weekends? How do you think that would work out? It's not the "when" or "how often" that's the problem, it's the drug itself. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted! Look at you!!! It does a mama proud!!! Here, my precious one, is YOUR hat!!! :man: Well done, did you EVER think you would get here?? I could bust for you! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, Flyaway's right...cutting of the beast at the head is MUCH easier than trying to tame it. All the rules...and then breaking those rules. The shame, guilt....just what you are having now. Once you do your grieving (and it's ok to cry) and move on to the next stage...you will find it very peaceful. Just like Lolab described in the piece she wrote this morning. It's the turmoil of these 'what if's and why's' that keep us agitated and fearful. Acceptance is where it's at. (pardon the participle) It is very peaceful over here....and there is nothing to fear. It's ALL good. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X